Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 07:21 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thumbs down Alternachick tips

We have had a couple of these threads before so I decided to start a sticky for it!

Please post any tips, tricks or new products you have tried that you would like to share with the rest of us
Old 08-01-2003, 07:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Sugar free, low fat "Mini Fudgsicles" by Nestle.
I highly recommend them. I don't recommend eating 6 of them before you go to bed, though.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:09 AM   #3  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Mmmm, those sound good.

Quakes rice cakes are proetty good, and come in chip-like flavors - BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion...

Also Yoplait low-fat Apple Turnover yogurt is really good too.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:27 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. A little bit more ice-y then cream-y but still pretty good. Especially since it's been so hot!
Old 08-01-2003, 01:59 PM   #5  

Before each weigh in day I add 1/4 cup pure cranberry juice to my bottled of water. It cleans you out naturally. I weigh in at 4:30, so I stop drinking at 3 and limit my salt and carbs all that day. It works for me to face the scale...
Old 08-02-2003, 12:55 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Read an article a while back that said that if you are dehydrated it is best to drink water at a room temp. or just cool, but if you are working out to drink ice water because your body has to work to cool it down, and you will burn some more calories.

since your body has to work to warm the water up before it can be absorbed, if you are dehydrated you shouldn't drink ice water because it takes longer to go to work.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:58 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Lizzi... that's interesting! As kids, we were always told not to drink ice water while exercising. I think we were told we would die.

Idealperson, about 6 months ago I started taking cranberry tablets. I really needed them, and they really work well.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #8  

Did your know.....

It only takes about a 6-to-10 pound loss to move the number of your BMI down one, depending on your measurements.

I did not now this....who knew? ...leaving to get some cauffee now...tawk amongst yourselves.....

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-07-2003 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #9  

Not a tip, more of a recommendation...

This month's issue of Chatelaine magazine- great articles on nutrition, body image, spirituality, healthy recipes, fashion that you can actually find in stores and is wearable, etc.

This is one of my fave magazines and this month's issue is a good read.

Also check out www.healthyeatingisinstore.ca
a web site by the Dietitians of Canada and the Canadian Diabetes Association which provides fact sheets on food labels and ingredients to avoid.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:02 PM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

When it's time to reward yourself with a non-food related reward, may I suggest: http://www.goodvibes.com/
Old 08-19-2003, 11:40 AM   #11  
Buggin' with Pugs

Default New Food Discoveries

Now that the Hub and I are in this weightloss thing together, we went to a few health food stores and found some really good foods for healthy snack choices. Note though, that our diet is a 40/30/30 type of diet, meaning we try to balance the protein, carbs and fat accordingly...based off the Zone..with some modifications.

GeniSoy
Soy Crisps - flavors BBQ, Apple Cinnamon and Sour Cream and Onion
These are almost addicting. MUCH better than any rice based crisp. The BBQ is our fav. Calories 120 (25 crisps) Like a thrid of the Bag!!! Protien 7g, Carbs 17g, Fat 0g.

GeniSoy
Nutritional bars - flavors Mint cookie and Peanut butter. These are pretty good, but do leave a little bit of a coating in your mouth. Good enough to eat for a rushed thing. Calories 240. Protein 14g, Carb 32, Fat 2.5g.

PowerCrunch
Meal bar - Flavor Peanut butter creme. Now ladies I am NOT joking when I say this is like JUST eating a Little Debbie Nutty Bar. Other people have confirmed it too. Calories 190. Protein 13g, carbs 13g, fat 4g. These things ae seriously addicting!!!!! With a full glass of water, they make a meal!!

Ok i wanted to share these with you all! if you try them, let us know how you liked them as well as any other snackie foods you find good. Sometime I don't have time for a meal, so these things can be a literal life and diet saver.

Bon appetite!!
Old 08-19-2003, 07:33 PM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I love Genisoy chips. They have saved me on so many occasions. I think it's the serving size. 25 glorious chips. 25!!! BBQ is my favorite. I've spread a little hummus on them in a pinch for lunch. Soooo yummy.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:37 PM   #13  
Buggin' with Pugs

Oooh Hummus.. I never thought of that but sure will try it. I also found out they make a creamy Ranch version too and that is supper yummy. I took my Onion and Garlic ones and crumbled them up in a salad as a substitute for crouton. Was actually better!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 11:25 AM   #14  

Hey all. I'm real bad to get cravings. I find if I brush my teeth when they hit then I sometimes forget about it. I chew alot of minty gum too.
Old 08-24-2003, 02:06 PM   #15  

Default Hello all!

I have found a cool way to combat two of my big problems....

.First with our schedules, hubby and I over the years have gotten into a pattern of eating dinner between 8 and 10pm. This is so NOT good. So since eating earlier most days is very difficult, on those nights that I have to eat late, I make a big smoothie....

Two cups of skim milk and a little over two cups of whatever frozen fruit I have, some equal, a little more ice then enough water to thin it enough to blend, and TA DA! The whole blender is full and Not even 450 cals, no fat and yummy!

Thats the second problem it works on, Some days I just want to eat lots of bad things!!! Ice cream, cookies, junk.....Well I find if I make a smoothie, Keep it a bit thicker, eat it with a spoon, well, I feel like I just did bad, Only I didn't!

And Mauvaisroux, thanks for the invite! It looks pretty nice around here!
Closed Thread