Old 10-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #1  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Thumbs up Intro & Goth Type Plus Size Clothes

I'm thrilled to see this support group! It's great to know I'm not alone. LOL

I've always felt different than everyone else. I've never 'gone with the crowd.' I've always been introverted but I like wearing clothes that make me feel unique and pretty. I'm not into hard rock though I admit I love a few of Rob Zombie's songs. I love pop music and kpop. LOL I love ghost and horror movies, but also romantic comedies and comedies.

My clothes are almost always feminine in nature, but at heart I'm more into colorful renaissance or the more feminine side of goth-like clothing. Now that I've lost a lot of weight I can FINALLY fit into those types of clothes.

My favorite store to shop online for plus clothes is...
http://www.pyramidcollection.com

And my very new favorite plus store is...
http://www.mysticcrypt.com/.

The Pyramid Collection has gorgeous clothes that are of a fairy/pirate/renaissance, etc looks. The Mystic Crypt has renaissance/goth/pin-up type clothes. If anyone has fav stores they'd like to share I'd LOVE to visit them!

Last edited by Jesslan Rose; 12-11-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: URL Edit
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #2  

Hey Jesslan Rose! Nice to meet you! Those sites look amazing! I'm really into that dark aesthetic too. Just so you know, your Pyramid Collection link didn't work on my phone, but I Googled it and found it. Welcome to the forum!
PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #3  
I Can & I Will!

Talking

Nice to meet you too, Pyretta Blaze! Sorry about that. I checked out the link and there's no 'the' in it. LOL My bad. I just tried to fix the link but it wouldn't let me yet. LOL

I'm glad to hear you like the clothes! I finally got to order my favorite top I've been drooling over for a looong time from PC. Can't wait to finally fit into it!!
Old 10-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #4  

Oh awesome! When I have a little extra cash I will definitely look into ordering off these sites!
Old 10-04-2014, 08:13 PM   #5  
I Can & I Will!

I'd love to see pictures of you in anything you get!
Old 02-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #6  

Still haven't bought anything, sigh! I need a new wardrobe! Not because I've lost any weight, but just because I want clothes, haha!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #7  
I Can & I Will!

I'll tell you this... I've bought 2 tops from Pyramid Collection and neither fit yet. Well they fit, as both are stretchy material, but their sizing is waaay off. I got them both in a 26/28 and I'm down now to a size 20/22 in other brands and still can't wear them.

I also just bought my first top from Mystic Crypt and that's about a size to small. On MC it's all about measurements and I'm wondering if I measured wrong or the sizing is just off a little. LOL

So they're hanging on the door in plain sight mocking me because I still can't wear them. Haha All these new tops made of poly/spandex are NOT my friend!! LOL They show all my hard earned tummy lumps and bumps.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:58 PM   #8  
👽

S/C/G: 340/310/130

Height: 5'3

Goodgoth is a really great site.
Also Hot Topic has a lot of plus sizes now. Also don't let the whole Hot Topic thing throw you off.. their plus size selection is not "mall goth" at all and are actually quite nice!
crashdietqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #9  
I Can & I Will!

Yes! Good Goth has some great items. Haven't checked out Hot Topic. Will have to do that soon. Thanks for the tip!!
Old 03-03-2016, 01:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 260/177/140

Height: 5'4

I dress cheaply, budget in mind, but goth, sort of. I find that altering clothes to suit my needs works pretty well. Goodwill and a sewing machine have never let me down, I try to shop with an open mind and an eye for quality fabrics with seams that are easy to fiddle with. I tend to dress simply, in mostly black, with a few vintage accessories. Sometimes I will go to Target and buy a few black cotton or rayon dresses there. I live in Sothern California, so natural fabrics keep me cool. Sometimes I will find a dress at, say, Ross, or Torrid, with an interesting style that I can't pass up but it is not black. I will buy it, take it home, drop it in the wash with a package or Rit and voila... black dress. I can buy more "fancy" clothes, but these are my day-to-day wear.
___iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #11  

Talking Plus Size Goth

Try sancuarie.com for plus size. If anything, they will size large. Very large, a d they customize. This is also the absolutely perfect site for a plus size Halloween or Guy Falkes costume. Do read their sizing chart, and know that when they say stretchy, they mean stretchy. If you have friends into drag, they need this site.
Mindy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 277/170/130

Height: 5'7" / Age: 31

Oh wow, thank you for the links! I'm pretty stoked to see victorian/goth clothing offered in plus sizes... since gaining so much weight, that type of clothing felt out of reach although I love it.

I think I just found the dress I want to buy when I reach goal weight... as inspiration to keep losing, and to feel incredibly beautiful I can't post a link yet but on Pyramid Collection it's called "Gothic Corset Dress" in ivory
pinkstarberry is offline   Reply With Quote