Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 08:13 AM   #76  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sflake-NOPE! those are PEEPS!!! My MIL LOVES those things (the more stale the better!) so we always wait until AFTER Easter and buy them half off, and then give them to her to age. DISGUSTING!!!!

Ellis-Never had sugar pie. That's me!!!!! DISGUSTING!!!! Okay, today I need to work for 48 hours, shop, clean the house, cook dinner, take the kids to music lessons, do the dishes.....think I'll go nap instead! Hope you are feeling better this morning. Those nerve cramps are awful.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:17 AM   #77  
Imagine...

Den, we used to put those peeps in the microwave and get such a kick out of watching them blow up.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:22 AM   #78  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm around! Just bogged with a lot of moderator-type work in here. I may ask Suzanne for a sabbatical.

Butt cramps, Ellis? Those strange sex positions can do that.

Peeps are absolutely disgusting, especially the mauve ones. I think they are only available in the USA so you chicks can keep them. Peps on the other hand.....

Did you know that Cracker Jack is still around but NO PRIZES! What is the world coming to?

Gotta get my rear in gear. I am too frassing busy and Spetmeber has not even started yet! Aaaarrrrggggghhhh!

I'll try to check in more often.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:25 AM   #79  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Peeps are NOT disgusting! In any form. I happen to like them stale too... They are also good in hot chocolate.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:28 AM   #80  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Squeak! Even the mauve ones?
And what the **** are pizzeles? Some strange sex part?
Old 08-27-2003, 11:26 AM   #81  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Yup, I like the strawberry flavored ones.

I wish pizzelles had something to do with sex. They are a thin Italian cookie, normally anise flavored, made on something that resembles a waffle iron. They are really yummy.

Hi there Wildfire!

Den - Do you need a kick in the butt or something? Have you seen the VH1 special on Warren? It is really cool.

Sflake - mmmmm Peanut M&Ms. I did have a handful of those last night. They aer yummy.

Ellis - I am glad dinner went well. But what the **** are Bog rolls and sugar pies????
Old 08-27-2003, 11:38 AM   #82  

Hi everyone!

Sflake, I think this is a reference to my putting dish soap on chocolate chips when throwing them out as they are is NOT ENOUGH! Dish soap is of course Canadian English for dishwashing liquid...

Please, what are bog rolls, Den? Is this something to eat?

Ellis, I have not had Smartie ice cream...but each DD has a favourite that I (alas) love - President's Choice dark chocolate with chocolate crackle, and Our Compliments Moose Tracks (vanilla with fudge ripples and pieces of chocolate peanut-butter cups, sort of generic Reese's, in it). They get these on birthdays or once in the summer because I just can't have this sort of thing around. I sent them and DH for the first post-vacation shopping trip and wouldn't you know, they got Oreo ice cream (can't trust them! which is why I usually do the grocery shopping!) And I love pistachio, and of course mint chocolate chip.

What are YOUR favourite ice cream(s)?

I have heard of sugar pie, never had it.

Oh and by the way I looked up pizzelles on CalorieKing awhile ago, as my DDs adore them - and believe it or not they are 60 calories apiece! Those thin little things I can eat 10 of at a time(could and did!). So I don't get them very much either (they got some of THOSE too on their shopping trip! I'm taking over the groceries again!)

Lidian
Old 08-27-2003, 04:07 PM   #83  

Lidian-"Bog roll" is Britspeak for toilet paper or toilet rolls. So, I personally wouldn't want to eat them.....(Okay, yes, I'm a brat!!!) LOVE Moose Tracks Ice Cream!!! Or any ice cream with huge chunks of chocolate in it!!!!!

Squeak-YES PLEASE!!!! KICK MY BUTT!!!!! Butt seriously.....I have been eating a lot of BAD stuff lately. French fries last night!!! EEK!!!! We don't have cable, so I have NOT been able to see the special. Bummer. Sorry, I think peeps are a non-food...(petro-chemical creation like Cool Whip and Twinkies),
But I still crave kraft macaroni and Cheese every so often, and THAT is too, so I'm not in much of a position to gloat!!!!

Ruth-We miss you when you are gone, so PLEASE check in more often!!!! I know you are usually crazy busy too though.......

Sflake-THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!!!! Too funny! There is a website that shows stuff like that, but I can't remember the address. They did a LIGHT BULB, and it lit up briefly before it blew!!!!

Ellis-Feeling any better yet? I took a nap, listened to a sales pitch as a favor, (didn't buy any of the overpriced knives however!) and will soon be taking kids to music lessons.....DIDN'T work, DIDN'T go shopping, DIDN'T clean,cook,wash.......DINNER?!?!?! How the HE!! should I know what's for dinner?!?!?!?
Old 08-27-2003, 05:58 PM   #84  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Squeak OMG, please tell me you are talking about the VH1 special on Warren Zevon. I cried my frickin' eyes out. The Cute Boyfriend is a HUGE fan and he tivo-ed it for us. We watched it a couple nights ago. He was such a cool guy.

Sflake I once glued a Peep to my computer monitor and took pictures of it for my website each month. I was hoping to show some deterioration but.... those things last forever. (And if you stick the peeps in a bowl of water when you microwave them, they can fill the entire microwave!)

Okay, sweets that I love:

Chess pie (you find it in the south, it's like pecan pie without the pecans).
Double Deckers (Brit candy bars)
Maple cookies (the canadian ones with the maple filling, shaped like leaves)
No-Bake Cookies (my mom made these things, they're chocolate and oats and pure heaven)
I too love the chocolate mint combination.

Lidian My new favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Crunch. I can't stop thinking about it.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #85  
Imagine...

Den ~ LMAO I thought that a bog roll was some kind of pastry.

Lidian~Thanks for the dish soap idea. We call it that too.

Favorite ice cream is Ben & Jerry Choc. Fudge Brownie.
And just about anything selse chocolate. Oh yea Napoleans.

Jessica~ Im gonna have to see that Zevon special. I just heard about his cancer. Always liked him.

Squeak ~ I wish I only ate a handful last night insted of the entire bag.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:30 PM   #86  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Mmmmm....President's Choice coconut icecream and Bourbon Vanilla gelato but I think my total fave is orange chocolate tobelerone gelato from our local gelato shop

My fave goodies:

Buttertarts
Canadian maple doughnuts
Ginger thin cookies from Ikea
Jalapeno cheddar popcorn
Green & Black's Organic milk chocolate with almonds
and any kind of cheese with crackers
Old 08-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #87  

I once ate an entire container of President's Choice chocolate gelato while surfing the Web, trusty spoon in hand! It was so dense and bittersweet!

Squeak, I LOVE M&Ms, as much as Smarties, plain and peanut kind. I ate a packet of M&Ms every day of the last trimester of both pregnancies (a little packet - well, TWO little packets some days) which explains my post pregnancy stomach...esp. since I ate about 3 bags of chocolate chunk cookies the first week after youngest DD arrived. I figured that since I was losing all this weight (water weight, it turned out to be, not cookie weight) that the cookies would kind of BURN off somehow. hahahaha!

Oh by the way, the pizzelle packet claims they are only 30 calories each but I SWEAR CalorieKing says 60. And they have whole eggs and oil in them so...who knows?

Den, I was glad to hear bog rolls are not edible! I have never heard my in laws use this phrase but then we haven't discussed toilet paper (thank goodness!). Though we might have as I nearly plugged up one of their loos with it in July - (ugh!)

Lidian
Old 08-28-2003, 01:11 PM   #88  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I forgot to mention Kraft caramels but alas! I can't seem to find them anywhere - but maybe that's a good thing
Old 08-28-2003, 01:19 PM   #89  

Height: 5'-2"

maybe in the bulk bins at Pretoria Bridge
Old 08-28-2003, 02:07 PM   #90  

Ellis and Mauvais-My teeth can't take caramels any more (They HURT when i eat them!!) But I still like a good piece of toffee, butterscotch (the REAL stuff!) or treacle!!!

Lidian-I don't think it is a term used in polite company (DIDN'T learn it from my grandmother!) I heard it first in one of the British comedies. I did the same thing with food after kiddies were born! I figured I was burning off the calories because I was nursing, so was eating sausages and ice cream. Well, when the kids moved on to solid foods I gained a LOT of weight because of it!!!

Jessica and Sflake-Thanks for the tips on the peeps!! I told DS16 about exploding them, and making them grow in the microwave, and got the first laugh in a week out of him!!!!

Squeak-TIME TO CHECK IN SWEETIE!!! I still need that butt kickin'!!!!!
Closed Thread