3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachick chat August 11+

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 08:51 AM   #46
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Den is back!!!! I am glad you had such a good time! Maybe I should stay away from these tarts. I haven't had one yet....

I want the blueberry fry cakes - not fritters - from Tim's back. they were so yummy. And came in Timbit size. And I love dutchies, but they aren't all over either. Ok now I want Tim's

Hi Mauvais! Hope you are feeling a little better.

I miss Ellis too!!!!

Well, it looks like my current job is now on very shakey ground. The people I directly work for/support are being let go. Their department is moving out of state. We aren't sure when it is going to happen. There is a chance I can be moved to another team, but I need to start job hunting just in case.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #47
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Mauvais-EVIL WENCH!!! I'm considering finding a recipe online.....You know the bakery tarts REALLY tasted like butter. They were almost like unsweetened shortbread with filling!!!! They'd make a great Christmas present (AND be true to the tradition of me wanting what I am getting for other people!!!) You should go to Ellis' house and pound on her door!!! THAT'LL make her get another computer!!! (Anti-social little snot that she is......and I mean that in the nicest way!!!!)

Squeak-I KNOW!!! I'll tell ya......if they are going to open here they should carry EVERYTHING!!!! It is kind of like Labatts making a different product for the US. I WOULDN'T DRINK IT IF IT TASTED LIKE US SWILL!!!!! Listen sweetie-I am sorry to hear about your job concerns. I know that your job makes you crazy sometimes, but it sure would be better to be able to move on YOUR time schedule rather than someone else's.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:05 AM   #48
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Heh, heh!

Sorry to hear about your job Squeak I am sending good job vibes your way

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:52 AM   #49
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default School starts monday!

Hi girls,

Yesterday, I was trying out this recipe for a friend of mine's cooking show. Peanut butter muffins with jam centers. Sounds good, right? Yeah, that jam leaked out everywhere. Baked on jam is a pain to get off the muffin pan too! Oh well... the peanut butter part was okay.

My new semester of school starts on Monday! I am so freaking excited I think I'm vibrating. I have such cool classes this semester and I'm taking a 7AM Yoga class at the college. It's actually graded so if I don't get my butt in there in the mornings I could effect my GPA. So, I'll be there! I'm elated and nervous all at the same time. This is more credit hours than I've ever taken with a full time job (15 hours total) and I'm so scared I won't be able to do it. But I'm a genius! A brain! A Goddess! I'll be able to handle it. Right?

I'm trying to plan ahead with meals and such so the last thing I'm worried about is eating right. I'm worried that the additional stress will cause me to go running to the vending machines but my solution is to not take any money to class. My right brain and left brain are conspiring against eachother.

Sorry it's so long! I'm just freaking out!!!
Old 08-22-2003, 05:32 PM   #50

Height: 5'-2"

Oh my gosh! I missed Den's anniversary!! Happy Anniversary, Karen and DH!!!

Hey, what's happening? I bought a new computer this morning. Finally had the sense to buy/build a custom built one. I've spent all day putting it together and getting online. phew!

MANY thanks to all of you for your love, prayers and thoughts for my Dad. He is doing so very well. He was in the hospital for six days, and has been home for two. The REALLY scary thing was that the power blew right in the middle of his friggin' op. I thought I was going to be sick. I mean, you know they have generators, but when practically the whole damned province is shut down, it's a little panicky.

Mauvais, what great neighbours you've got!! How are the drugs working, hon?

Den, I'm so pleased to hear that you drink proper coffee. I always grind mine, too! It's the only way for us die-hards.
Hey, you're back from holiday! I'm glad it was good! (can't believe you've never had butter tarts before. snort.)

Squeak, thoughts and prayers for a job for you. Everything will work out well.

Jessica, how is school going?

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 08-22-2003, 09:40 PM   #51

Hi Ellis-Welcome Back!

I'm glad that your dad is going to be okay

My meds are kicking in and I am feeling better than I have in weeks

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:22 PM   #52

GREAT Mauvais!!! I am SO glad!!! I remember when mine first started working.....it was SUCH a relief. This will make everything easier for you.

Ellis-GLAD to hear your Dad is home and doing well!! Thanks for all the good wishes!! YUP! Don't grind 'em until we use 'em because they might lose some of their nice essential oils. I like the REALLY good stuff like you buy, but DH is a coffee wimp, and tends to prefer Colombian or just regular old coffee beans. BUTTER TARTS?!??! WHERE?!?!?!?! Geez, maybe it is a good thing they don't sell 'em here!!!! We also tried Poutine for the first time.....at ZELLER'S of all places!!! How true is it to the stuff in Quebec? I kinda liked it!! REALLY like gravy on fries, which is something you NEVER see here in the US. They look at you weird here when you ask for VINEGAR!!! DS16 made a point of picking out a back of ketchup potato chips too.....he developed a taste for them on a class trip to Toronto. (Hard to find those here too.) As you can see it was an eating holiday.....

Jessica-You'll be FINE!!! Sounds like you have a busy semester coming up!!!

I think there has been enough stress and bad news around here. EVERYONE who has had a stressful summer should be rewarded with a BIG permanent weight loss!!! There should be SOME kind of reward for all the worrying so many of you have done this summer.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:39 AM   #53

heh heh. I was in a fast food place the other day, and the guy in front of me asked the server what "put tin" was. I said to him, "You're not Canadian, right?"
Don't develop a taste for it, Den. It's Canada's #1 heart attack food.

Mauvais, I'm SO glad that your meds are kicking in. love and hugs...

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 08-23-2003, 08:32 AM   #54

HAHAHAHA!!!! HEY! can you believe I'm up? I can't.....have to take DS13 to an appointment and then clean the house (oog) for company.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:53 PM   #55
Cute & Fluffy

First of all - WELCOME BACK ELLIS!!!! We missed you. And I am so glad your dad is doing well.

Mauvais - I am glad you are feeling better. Maybe I am getting some stray vibes. Even with work iffy - I am feeling better and have been really getting things done.

Den - I think you are right. I think with everything going on we at least deserve to be smaller! Do Not click on this link!

Jessica - you may too busy to eat! Good luck with classes.

Thank you chicks for the job thoughts. We are going to have a meeting Monday and at least talk about the situation. I may not always like the work. I like what I do, it is just stressful. I really like 95% of the people I work with. I spend time outside of work with a number of them. I need to get my resume together just in case.

I have had lots of energy and been in a pretty good mood. I have gotten all 4 loads of laundry done (and I live alone!). I have gone through a few months worth of magazines. I even exercised a little too.

Now off to finsih cleaning the living room!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #56

Squeak-I'll get YOU my pretty!!!!! (and after I do I'll have the rolling pin in hand READY FOR BAKING!!!)
Old 08-23-2003, 10:33 PM   #57
Cute & Fluffy

Yes, I know I am awful.
Old 08-24-2003, 09:51 AM   #58

YUP!! But I beat you to it!!! I had already printed out about 6 recipes for Butter Tarts before you did that!!! (But that one looks interesting TOO, so now I have 7!!!)

We are going to the visitation for our ex-neighbor this afternoon, and then on to friends' house for a little "end of the summer" fun. I'm already in a grumpy mood, so I hope I can pull it together and have some fun after the visitation.
BLECH!! I NEED MORE COFFEE!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2003, 10:08 AM   #59

Den, I hope the visitation goes okay. And have a wonderful time at your friends' house!

Old 08-24-2003, 05:24 PM   #60

nice link Squeaker! Notice how there is an ad for WW on the same page!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.