Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 11:27 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Crazy friends and Challenges

I thought that I was crazy. My friends have been giving me crap for being co-dependent and taking care of others to avoid my own pain (all true) blah blah blah...so in the last two weeks I have become angry I thought this was what everyone wanted me to do, and now all same friends are telling me that "Your so angry" "You should be in therapy two days a week right now" and now I am really angry!!!

So went to therapist, she says I am doing great, should be angry. But if I didn't have therapist I would be really messed up right now!!! Therapist says that people have a hard time when people start to change and they will try and keep you in the same place ..... Sheesh!! So what is a chick to do?

Therpist and I decided that I am going to try hypnosis, since I cannot spend one more session talking about all of the issues about WHY I have a weight issue, but now I need to focus on taking actions. I am sick of hearing myself complain and want to be complaining about other things...like NOT HAVING SEX IN MY PRIME. I am looking forward and am thinking of either going back to WW (whic I love but I tend to eat too many carbs and sugar) or trying SBD which I tend to do well with low carb no sugar diets. I am open to input and suggestions, also have had multiple suggestions about O.A. Does anyone have any thoughts about O.A.? I am kind of feeling all of the things here on this board that people are telling me OA provides....just curious

I have seen the Challenges, are there any new ones happening now? My 41st birthday is in November, and I may have the chance for a free trip (only have to pay for plane ticket) to Puerto Rico and I don't want to go because plane seats too small ouch!! My current excuse is that I don't know how to join a challenge, so I figure if someone here tells me how to do it, then I won't have any excuses!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 01:11 PM   #2  
Imagine...

Hi Rowan,

I am currently on the south beach diet and have lost 15 lbs. since 7/17/03. I tired WW but I think its a pain with all the counting and weighing stuff. I know nothing about OA, so I can't help you there.

I am determined to get back on track as I have not been real strict lately. I have also been really lax in the exercise dept., so I would be up for some kind of a challenge. Got any ideas?
Old 08-27-2003, 03:50 PM   #3  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Rowan-WW was too lenient for me. I CAN'T have a small portion of certain things, it just sets me off. I find I do better on low carb diets, but Atkins started making me feel sick after a while. For ME SBD seems to be the way to go, even though i have been pretty bad lately!!! I like what you can eat with that plan, so i know I could make a life-time change with that. It seems like different people need different plans, so you should figure out what works the best for YOU. In terms of the challenges...the main one going right now is the September challenge, which I THINK ends Sept. 1. Anyone can start a challenge, and they can overlap. If you would like to start a challenge, just start a new thread like you did with this one, and issue the challenge!!! Say when it goes until, and how much you want to lose in that time (or exercise, or WHATEVER!!) and others will join in!!! I KNOW I'll be short of my September goal, so a new challenge will be good!! (Next time I'm not going to be so ambitious!!!)

SFLAKE-Same for you!! You could issue a challenge too!!! I like SBD too, but have really been messing up lately. Maybe it is end of the summer stress. Although shopping might help!! We don't have much in the house right now, which sure makes it harder!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 07:43 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Rowan!

How about a Halloween challenge? I want to lose some more weight so I can wear my Bellydance costume for Hallow's eve and you want to be in shape for your November trip- that would give us 2 months to do it!

Pardon me but what is O.A.? And yeah I have had negative responses and people trying to undermine me when I started to lose weight and make positive changes. Maybe people think that you will leave them behind when you start changing and then try to hold you back or are jealous of you because you have the courage to at least try and they don't
Old 08-28-2003, 01:18 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Default OK ... tell me if I did this right

OK this is what I am thinkin...... I am going to declare that I will lose 10% of my weight as my first goal (actually the first WW goal formula) by Halloween. I am going to try the SBD and go to Curves 3 times a week begining tomorrow (just bought the SBD book) .....I like the 10% as a Halloween goal....what do you think?

OA --Overeaters Anoymous (sp) I actually found a thread here on tbe boards...
Old 08-28-2003, 09:51 AM   #6  

Sounds like a plan to me I will join in too!

Do you want to start the thread?
Old 08-28-2003, 10:59 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

The shy girl in me is coming out......don't laugh, I can watch how you do this one and then I will feel more capable of doing it next time....I am fighting my need to be perfect....Thanks!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:00 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm in, too! You start.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:08 AM   #9  

Me too! I am still bouncing around the same few lbs and I like the Halloween challenge idea. Gives us 2 months, which I will need! I would like to lose at least 5 lbs which I should be able to do in 2 months.

Lidian
Old 08-28-2003, 12:49 PM   #10  

okay, Rowan, I hear ya about the shy girl- I used to be painfully shy up until I hit my late teen's -still get that way sometimes

I will start the thread!
Closed Thread