Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 09:34 AM   #31  
Queen of China

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! people! In the immortal words of the man of my dreams, Michael (see below) "People, they're no damn good!"

I went to my 10 year reunion...many many moons ago...I was looking pretty hot, lost weight, maried well, great vintage dress with rhinestones~ the whole 9 yards. After seeing all the guys I thought were 'it on a stick' with the beer guts and bald spots I felt pretty good, till one of the morons came up and said...
damn! you have a head transplant?
I also got: Didn't you use to be taller??? (1975 6inch platform shoes)
I did get a bit of revenge, a girl called me to remind me of the reunion and when i answered the phone she said, "hey, this is so and so, do you recognize my voice?" at that point I said, Why the **** should I, you never talked to me in shcool.

needless to say, go to the reunion, do what you need to do to feel your best, act like you are doing these folks a favor by sharing your precious time with them and leave em' wondering what your secret is.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:26 AM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Gee Ginya...obviously some of your class mates may have grown old but did not grow up
Old 08-19-2003, 05:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Quote:
Originally posted by mauvaisroux
some of your class mates may have grown old but did not grow up

I totally agree mavaisroux. There's a girl that lives across the street from me that I graduated with and everytime her parents are out of town, she comes home and has house parties and I can always see who's driving up because they park in front of MY house They're all the same people I graduated with that were snot-nosed brats. Sad thing is, exactly as you said, they're older now but they haven't grown up at all. I've grown up alot since HS but I was always the shy, quiet, never-get-into-trouble type anyway, so I never really had any problems other than depression. *oh well*
Old 08-19-2003, 06:57 PM   #34  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
"hey, this is so and so, do you recognize my voice?" at that point I said, Why the **** should I, you never talked to me in school.
OMG, Ginya, I had to bust out laughing. I laughed and laughed until I almost peed. That is the memorable quote of the year. I want to see that dress, sounds hot hot hot.

My 10 year HS reunion is next summer. I can't wait. I haven't lost any weight (I've gained a 100 pounds since high school), I haven't climbed everest or made a movie but I've certainly loved my life. And I know there a bunch of ex-losers, ex-geeks, ex-nerds who grew up to be amazing people and darn it, I'm rooting for them!

I called my cousin (who was miss popularity in high school) to find out when the reunion was, she said, "Reunion? I'd rather pull my led hairs out with tweezers."
Old 08-20-2003, 12:27 PM   #35  
Queen of China

I wish I could understand why we feel the need to live up to some crazy standard for people we never see and didn't like in the first place. I totally did that, and when nebody really cared, then I said screw it, and have never been back to a reunion. But, if I were, I would go and be 'all that'. People are going to say whatever they are gonna say, and nothing you can do can change that. Are you happy? Do you have goals in life? Are you true to the spirit within you? then who cares what some ex-cheerleader with droopy boobs thinks now. We are "ALTERNACHICKS" Women of courage, strength and abundance! Earth mothers, one and all! Supporting and encouraging, *****es (being in total control happily encouraging strength) and proud of it!
Old 08-20-2003, 02:23 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

interesting topic of conversation...considering my 10 year reunion is next weekend...I will have to tell you all how it goes!
I found a great top...a gypsy looking one with flowing sleeves that covers my butt and has gorgeous flowing sleeves...it has a fitted bodice and laces up the front...showcases my chest nicely-and covers up the rest. I plan on going-being totally unenthused by the "former cool people" who want to finally talk to me now because I am now cooler than they...and I also plan on bringing my photo album of my coolness...my gorgeous children, bellydancing photos, and some of the cool costuming and sci-fi work that I have done-because I KNOW there will be someone there who won't believe that I do/have done these things...so I will have proof to back myself up.
The top is in neutrals and mauves...I am thinking some sexy earthy colored strappy sandal with a wedge heel...my husband says the top looks like something Stevie Nicks would wear...I took that as a compliment.
Aphil
Old 08-20-2003, 02:36 PM   #37  
Queen of China

I love the whole gypsy, hippy thing happining now, and the colors shound perfect. And Stevie Knicks is a goddess to me, so its ALL GOOD! Give em' ****! and let us know how it turns out. You got any of those pics on a web site? I use to be a Trekie (not treker, so much) but never could find anyone to go to a convention with. My friend in England goes to Disc world conventions and has invited me, and I may just go! Just cant decide who I want to be...
Old 08-20-2003, 02:45 PM   #38  

Go Aphil! Knock em dead by being yourself!

You said it Ginya! I loved your answer for that girl

When someone asked me if I was going to my reunion I said "what for? There is no one I want to be reunited with and the people I did like I am still friends with and can see anytime!"

When the 10 year one came up a couple of weeks ago I thought about it then said to myself - if I was that interested in those people and they with me we would have kept in touch and those people who didn't know me or never talked to me aren't going to care anyway - so why bother. I don't need to be validated by others - I am happy with myself

I always thought the kids in the "in crowd" were vain, shallow, boring and mean to other people - I never wanted to be friends with them in any way shape or form and basically ignored them until they started trying to pick on me and then I verbally kicked their asses and they usually got freaked out by the quiet bookworm telling them exactly what I thought of them in a controlled-straight faced-matter of fact - intellectual-way.

I am one of those types who gets really calm and polite when I am really mad- lips thin out, face gets whiter with controlled rage kind of thing- this usually scares people who are expecting an outburst- it throws them off guard and they usually never bother me again afterwards.

I usually ended up defending other people they picked on too I have a thing about standing up for the injustices of the world-still do- and couldn't stand seeing them gang up on people.

Looking back now I realise that those in the "in crowd" were probably acting the way they did out of their own insecurities.

On a lighter note - if you want a good laugh you should watch Romy and Michele's High School Reunion- you will probably recognize most of the characters from your high school -

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-20-2003 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 03:39 PM   #39  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Aphil, I want to go to your reunion just to see those pictures!!
Old 08-21-2003, 12:44 PM   #40  

Well, you can sort of see some pictures...you can see my Queen Amidala and my husband's Imperial Officer uniform at:
www.afansview.com/2002/starwars/sw05a0013.html
We are in the top two pics...it is a terrible picture-the flash washed out all of the detail/fabric pattern/embroidery/beading on my costume...
Right now we are getting our Imperial costumes ready to join up with the 501st division of stormtroopers...I am making my husband's stormtrooper armor/costume-which is about 3 weeks from being finished...I have only been working on it for almost a year between other costumes...and I am making an Imperial officer costume for myself-when money allows, I will be getting armored as well...you can see the quality of the costumes we do and some of the current members at www.501st.com
After Halloween I can email you pics of my kid's costumes I am working on...Dorothy and a Lollipop Guild munchkin...The Dorothy just got finished, and the Lollipop is in the works...
I have a few VERY good friends that I want to catch up with that I went to school with...we keep contact through phone and email-but because of where we live we don't get to hang out but maybe once a year...so we plan on going together and getting our revenge on the former "cool and popular." The girl voted most popular in our class was a cheerleader and worked at Arby's our senior year...she married a "cool guy" from our class, and they divorced, and she STILL works at the SAME Arby's store that she did 10+ years ago...and she DOESN'T own the place. Oh, sweet revenge...
Aphil
ps-Mauvais...funny you talking about your anger...I am one of those people that once you are on my list, you are there to stay. I hold grudges like I don't know what...kind of like that guy in Billy Madison who was lying in his house putting on the lipstick and had the "people to kill" list. I am one of the quiet ones when I get mad too...I will take it, and take it, and take it from people...until I finally snap...and then I feel sorry for the person who is "giving it" when I do...my husband says my temper is "borderline criminal."

Last edited by aphil; 08-21-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-21-2003, 02:18 PM   #41  

borderline crimnal

Yeah once you are on my black list you never get off - although I don't go out for revenge, that person just ceases to exist for me even if I pass them in the street everyday- I just act like I see through them and don't acknowledge their existence...It seems to get on people's nerves more than being confrontational does- guess the fact that you don't care whether they were alive or dead bugs them
Old 08-21-2003, 06:33 PM   #42  

Yeah, I can see that could really bother some people. Especially with the "world revolves around me" personality types...when they realize that at least with you, it doesn't!
Aphil
Old 08-25-2003, 10:32 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

It's amazing how evil people can be. Like *normal* women don't have feelings or somthing--because let's face it girls, we are the norm--THEY aren't.

On a side note: how did Trekkie get turned into Star Wars, or vice versa...they are two completely different movies. I was just curious...
Old 08-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #44  

Because we started talking about going to sci-fi conventions, which they have for both sets of movies...and sometimes they have huge conventions for a large range of sci-fi stuff-all sci-fi movies, video games, RPG games and such-and both groups of fans are sometimes at the same place.
Oh yes...TOTALLY different sets of movies though...
Old 08-25-2003, 10:50 PM   #45  
Searching

Kinda sorry I missed this one. I pretty much get along with most people despite my high drive, the only problem I ever have is with folks that are straight out lazy or stupid. The only way to get completely on my list where I would rather beat you to death than look at you is by 1. stealing from me ( If you ask I almost always give my stuff away it is after all just stuff) 2. lie to me (and not about my hair, you have to majorly disappoint me) 3. hurt someone in my family ( I am very protective of my whole family and me and my BIL will knock heads if we have to).

The whole sci-fi convention thing is fun except for sometimes it just feels like a whole "buy this collector stuff pressure" thing. Star Wars, Star Trek, Bablyon 5, Stargate, Quantum Leap, and the like all have their own fan followings and conventions based on the size of that base. I personally love Star Trek, but I also love all the outfits in the Star Wars movies. By the way Aphil you look awesome!

Miss Chris
Closed Thread