3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   My first post (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/29559-my-first-post.html)

zaazoo 07-20-2003 08:36 PM

My first post

Hello Everyone!
I just found out about this site and have spent the better part of the evening reading messages. I think I fit best in this group so here is where I choose to introduce myself. Hope that is okay:)
Sorry this is so long...

My name is Jennifer/Jen. 29 YO. I live in SE PA with my husband (teacher) on a 50+ acre horse farm. We don't own the farm :( I just take care of the horses (15+ Thoroughbreds). I have been working around horses my whole life.
I am owned by 2 cats (MeeMee and Zoe, aka Zaazoo) and 2 horses (Mr. Bill and Duncan). The farm owner gave me Duncan for Christmas while he was still inside the mare. He was born on Easter this year, I was the one who pulled him out. Duncan is a celtic name meaning dark warrior and he is a gorgeous dark bay colt. Needless to say he's a dream come true.

I have a side business selling my horse art on ebay. I've been selling for a little over three years and I LOVE IT.

Hmmm, lets see now...
My husband and I are big movie fans. Lately I've seen 28 days Later (great!), Pirates (okay, bit too long), T3 (better than expected), Charlies Angels 2 (not as good as expected) and The Hulk (okay). Of course I am chomping at the bit to see Seabiscuit. I cry everytime the preview comes on.
Lately on video I've seen Laurel Canyon (very good), May (creepy/okay), Punch Drunk Love (excellent).

Wish I had time to read more:) Right now I'm reading The Secret Life of Bees. Just finished Exquisite Corpse (not for the faint of heart) and Lovely Bones.

Music tends to be 80's & alternative. But I do have a lot of classical and can listen to anything from zydeco to new age (no country please). We just picked up tickets to see REM/Pete Yorn,
Liz Phair and Radiohead. Love them all. Would like to see Bowie before I die.

Now to the dieting or as I like to call it, lifestyle makeover.
I just got under the 200 mark and weighed 197.5 this morning. Total loss this year is 25 lbs. Last year I lost 10 lbs. Its coming off slowly but surely. When I met my husband 8 years ago I was 140. I gained most of the weight in our first 3 years mostly from eating out and not exercising. Last year I got serious about taking it off until our Vegas vacation. This year I got serious again b/c of my 10 year HS reunion. Just last month my husband decided to get healthy so we have been only buying healthy food and walking for 1-2 hours everyday. I can't begin to tell you how much this has helped me. Finally no more Ben and Jerry's in the freezer!
The biggest motivator is that we just booked a trip to Jamaica for my 30th b.day next March. This is a great tip for those who want to lose weight. Nothing motivates more than dreaming of yourself on the beach in a sexy swimsuit with a cocktail!

Well, I could write forever but I'll give it a rest for now. Got to go watch Sex and the City. Can't wait to read more about everyone in this group!
Jen

mauvaisroux 07-20-2003 08:49 PM

Welcome Zazoo! :wave:

ellis 07-20-2003 09:08 PM

Hey Jen! Welcome! :wave:
(you mean you'd like to see Bowie before HE dies! ;) )

squeaker 07-20-2003 09:10 PM

Welcome to the nuthouse. :D

I am with you on the Bowie thing!!

And I am sorry, even while on a diet or anything else, there will always be room for Ben & Jerry's. ;) One of my favorite quotes - "The only 2 men a woman needs in her life - Ben & Jerry".

Can you tell I am doing poorly on the whole weight loss thing?

Merrylegs 07-20-2003 09:27 PM

Hi Jen! Welcome!

I lived for horses for the first 25 years of my life, until it became apparent that I couldn't afford both a horse and raising a child (who coincidentally is a Jen too). So unfortunately my beautiful TB had to go to a new home. Sounds like you have a terrific life. Can't wait till next weekend till Seabiscuit comes out. Just got home from the racetrack with an extra $100 in my pocket.

Lidian 07-21-2003 09:33 AM

Hi Jen!

I'd like to go see Bowie too - I almost went in 1983, to a Bowie concert, but my parents said NO and dragged me off to a vacation cabin where I moped for 2 weeks and tried not to sneak any clove cigarettes. I was a very very overprotected (and chicken!) 20 almost 21 at the time!

Lidian

rochemist 07-21-2003 10:05 AM

WELCOME!

Miss Chris

dentrassi 07-21-2003 12:12 PM

WELCOME JEN!!!!!!!

flower 07-21-2003 01:32 PM

Welcome! I peak in now and then, but love new faces around here!

Maharet 07-22-2003 10:03 AM

Hi there! I'm also new to this site as well. Welcome! :)

dentrassi 07-22-2003 10:55 AM

Hey Maharet! Welcome!!