3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Ta-Da July 18+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/29494-ta-da-july-18-a.html)

squeaker 07-18-2003 10:11 PM

Ta-Da July 18+

Ok, the old thread is buried so I'll start a new one.

Instead of relaxing, I got bored with my living room and decided to re-arrange. It looks like a tornado hit, as I only have gotten so far as to move the furniture. Now to clean up. :)

ellis 07-18-2003 10:21 PM

Ah, yes... the ta-da thread... :D

Today I took my children to a museum. We also did a bit of shopping/walking around downtown and had a coffee at Second Cup together.
And then we all came home and fell asleep. :)

squeaker 07-18-2003 10:46 PM

That sounds like it was a wonderful day Ellis.

mauvaisroux 07-18-2003 11:28 PM

That sounds like a lovely day Ellis...which museum did you go to?

Ruthxxx 07-19-2003 07:17 AM

TA-DA! I was totally wiped last night and went to bed without cleaning up the kitchen. (I have OCD in spurts!) Harry got the hint and cleaned it up before he came to bed. I plan to do this more often.

Wildfire 07-19-2003 07:54 AM

I'm impressed, Ruth!! I went to bed last night and left the kitchen a mess, but DH and DD spent all night playing online and the mess is still out there!

Ruthxxx 07-19-2003 08:13 AM

:lol: They need more training, Wildfire. Harry is 82 and I've been working on him since 1976! The first husband was a quicker study but never achieved perfection.

dentrassi 07-19-2003 10:28 AM

WOW RUTH!!! Impressive!!!!!!!!!

ellis 07-20-2003 07:31 AM

Mauvais, we went to "The Dinosaur Museum". :lol: I can never remember what the heck it's called now. The Museum of Science and Nature? Such a beautiful old building. And right across from the beloved YWCA. :D

Ta-da for yesterday...
Went to Mom and Dad's... dug up the sod from the top of the septic tank so it's ready to be pumped. :rolleyes:

And dug out a huge area around my Mom's chestnut tree. Poor thing needs some fertilizing.
My arms were ACHING last night, but I think I lost 1/2 pound. :D

Ruthxxx 07-20-2003 07:44 AM

Ellis, I love that Museum! My Dad took me there many times when I was a kid - we lived off the canal. My kids always thought it was The Friendly Giant's Castle.

My TA-DA for yesterday is that I did very little! I was wiped from a busy week. Someday I hope to learn the difference between feeling unwell and feeling tired. I was sure I was coming down with something yesterday.

ellis 07-20-2003 08:29 AM

Ruth, my DD always wanted to live in that museum. (or any other "castle".) Until Friday. As we were leaving, she looked back at it thoughtfully and said, "I've decided that this is too big for me. The upkeep would be outrageous." :lol:

Good for you for relaxing! We're not good at listening to our bodies...

Ruthxxx 07-20-2003 11:23 AM

Miss M. needs flunkeys! Too funny!

dentrassi 07-20-2003 03:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Your DD is starting to learn about practicality!!!! I wish MY kids would!!!!

mauvaisroux 07-20-2003 08:54 PM

:lol: too funny! I love that museum too! I think it used to be called the museum of man but then when they built the new one in Hull they changed it to the Museum of Nature :)

Sojourner 07-23-2003 01:45 AM

Get this...

So, my sister constantly teases me because I think that I am able to do anything even though I may not neccessarily have the skill for it. My latest endeavor is carpentry... seriously! My husband (who is basically clueless when it comes to fixing or building things) and I are rebuilding our porch and I am also building custom cabinets for our bathroom! :lol: But really, its actually turning out well. I spent about a month researching carpentry... I have lots of knowledge but, well, am still stuggling with that :censored: circular saw. Its kind of scary with that sharp spinning blade. I have so far learned how to use a drill, the circular saw, a jig saw, and a miter saw. I'm rather proud of myself... I can do it... really. :yes: