3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Show some skin!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #16
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Cake By Urban Decay

Ooo, a friend turned me onto this stuff:
http://www.urbandecay.com/ProdDtl.cfm?ID=35

It's a flavored body powder that smells just like cake.... yum...drool.... Best of all, when you lick it off, it taste just as good. I'm in favor of anything that encourages licking.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:42 PM   #17

Height: 5'-2"

Here you go, Chris. It's WICKED.
http://www.lushcanada.com/

Jessica... oh yum! I wonder if it has many carbs...

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 07-17-2003, 02:45 PM   #18

Oh YUCK! The website is UGLY!! You'd have to go into a store to see how beautiful the stuff is. HUGE chunks of soap and gorgeous colours and scents.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 07-17-2003, 08:31 PM   #19
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yeah! The one's here are all hardwood floors and set up like a boulangerie with carts of soap you can buy by the weight and bowls of facial scrub and all sorts of lotions and potions!

I especially like the bathbombs and the ibezia shampoo!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 07-17-2003, 09:16 PM   #20
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

NO LUSH, NO IKEA, AND you have all the good candy and good beer...........

IT JUST AIN'T FAIR!!!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:18 AM   #21

I'm currently using Kinetin by Almay it's a little pricey but I usually wait until it goes on sale and then stock up. I find that the amount of product lasts a long time so it is worth the $$ and it really makes my skin feel good.

I also use ombrelle sunscreen everyday since I walk to work. It is one of the top suncreens reccomended by dermatologists or so I read somewhere -I like it anyway

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:14 AM   #22

We got this sunscreen called Soltan in England & it is very nice stuff. Thought I had lost the big economy bottle of Zeller's generic which is the consistency of Elmer's glue (but we do go through it quickly).

I use Ten O Six toner on my face which is excellent, gets all the dirt off, but I can only get it in the US on the annual trip to see my dad. Am on the last bottle now, alas.

And I moisterize a LOT. My neck too so I can fend off the turkey neck as my mom called it (she got it in her mid to late 50s so I reckon I have about 15 years if I am lucky).

Lidian
Old 07-18-2003, 11:18 AM   #23

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Okay...well I am one of the lucky ladies who suffers from adult acne...so my routine will be a little different than yours.
Nothing from the dermatologist worked, and nothing from the store-Clearasil, Neutrogena, etc. All they did was dry the rest of my face out, and the acne stayed...hmmm...acne, or dry scaly skin with acne...
I started using the Proactiv Solution system a few years ago and it really kept it under control...I could actually go without wearing 10 layers of foundation just to go to the mailbox. It did less damage than otc products, just a little drying around my nose.
I recently switched to the Dermafina system-about $50 for 2 months worth-and I love it. It works just as good as Proactiv for the acne, and it is a little more moisturizing-so I have soft supple skin instead of flaky dry areas. I use it morning and night.
Since I belly dnce and don't want yucky feet bared to all...I baby my feet. I use a pumice stone (wet) on them once a week, and a sloughing scrub-either the Apricot scrub by St. Ives, or one by Bath and Body Works. I have a ritual of rubbing on thick lotion and then putting on my socks...it helps to keep the moisture in.
Before bed, I coat my hands with Neutrogena Hand Lotion-the small tube...it isn't really a lotion, more like a balm-nothing else works as well for moisturizing the hands without leaving them greasy.
I must say, I don't use sunscreen except for on my body...I have been unable to find one yet that does not make my face break out into a million pimples the day after...I just try to avoid the sun.
Aphil

Start weight after baby #3: 233.9
Current weight: 143
90 pounds lost!
Ambriehl Saroj
Old 07-18-2003, 11:36 AM   #24

I went into a Lush store in Los Angeles with my sister. Some tempting stuff, but my tightwad sensibilities kicked-in so I didn't buy anything.

Right now, I'm addicted to this peppermint-rosemary salt scrub I bought at the health food store. It's scrub and moisturizing oil in one step. It makes me feel very sleek.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:07 PM   #25
Hot Stuff

aphil, I'm BIG on foot care, too! Once a week, usually on Sunday, I get out my Dr. Scholl's foot spa and do a whole pedicure. Take off old polish, soak (my spa makes bubbles!) with a tea tree oil foot bath, then pumice, exfoliate, moisturize (cuticles too!) , and finish with a fresh coat of polish.

It just totally grosses me out to see women wearing sandals with half an inch of crusty skin on their heels.

Hey, I found these new things for your feet....instead of polish, they are like a vinyl veneer in the craziest prints...*leopard* (mauvais???), zebra, polka dots, floral, even french manicure (pedicure? )....you press 'em on, cut the length to fit, et voila...funky toes! No polish required, other than a clear base coat to protect your nail from the sticky stuff that holds them on. Found them at Shoppers Drug Mart.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 PM   #26

Cool, Wildfire!
Could you do my feet for me? They're SO far away!
(yes, I use a pumice regularly)

I love my Burt's Bees stuff. Over-night cream, zit zapper, toner...

Old 07-18-2003, 08:58 PM   #27

Wildfire, I am going to look for that veneer stuff this weekend! It sounds great! I have really missed Shoppers Drug Mart!

Lidian
Old 07-18-2003, 10:21 PM   #28

Did you say leopard print?....hmmmm...

May have to check those out....

Old 07-18-2003, 11:16 PM   #29
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

The veneer stuff sounds very cool Wildfire! Mauvais isn't the only one with a thing for leopard print. I have sheets, clothes, a keychain and a stearing wheel cover.

As for skin stuff - I use St. Ives - medicated. It works well for me, and has made my skin better. I also have discovered this line of stuff called "got2be spa". It has body scrub, great foot scrub and lotion. It smells good, and works well also.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:32 AM   #30

Oh yeah Squeak? Do YOU have a fuzzy leopard print phone?

Edith Prickley is my idol! (gotta find me a leopard print fez....)

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.