3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   I love myself today! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/29007-i-love-myself-today.html)

Wildfire 07-05-2003 09:02 AM

WhooHooo!! Congrats Tallara! :cb: :cb:

Tallara 07-05-2003 11:51 AM

I have to laugh at the dancing banana. In my EQ forum someone put a little sign in his hand that says "I'd hit it"

Had to have been one of the guys

mauvaisroux 07-06-2003 06:49 PM

I love myself this weekend because I was wearing a new skirt - size medium instead of large, and a new top- size small instead of medium- I looked good and felt great! :dancer:

I also felt good 'cause I got to go out for dinner with 15 people to a restaurant we had never been to (Persian) and had a blast!

It feels good to be surrounded by such good friends who are interesting, funny and great people :D I am very lucky to know them :lucky:

TallTracy88 07-07-2003 07:33 AM

Morning!!

Whoho on the two pounds loss Tallara!! Major kudos to you!!

Mauvaisroux...another WHOHEE on the clothes size! I bet that feels AEWSOME to wear those sizes.

Sorry i was so blind on finding the new thread..lol puter is not my middle name!!

I walked for the first time since Fall for half an hour up some good hills this morning. Even when my hubby grumped that he wanted to go to the gym...well I was up first..ha!! ( i will win this battle as I am always up before him!!)

Hope all is well with everybody!!

Chat ya soon!!

Tracy

Tallara 07-07-2003 10:29 AM

Oh yea I long for the time when I can wear a smaller size. Thats is Awesome mau!

when I go to do grocery shpping in superwalmart, I always go for something hehe Getting to 16 was my biggy, then 14 was a REAL biggy for me... I was excited to fit into a 12/14 and now have a couple of 10's in m' closet. If I loose another 10lbs I MIGHT beable to be a full fledge size 10 or 9/10 and that would make me happy.

and good for you tracy! I lost most my weight doing nothing but walking =)

mauvaisroux 07-07-2003 01:16 PM

:rolleyes: ...um...yeah Tracy...lucky you are cute! :lol:
Just teasing! It is hard to navigate when you first get here but you soon get used to how it works and the lingo. I could barely figure out how to post when I first started since I had never even been on the net before -:o Then they made me a moderator and I nearly had a panic attack- I couldn't figure out how to work everything for the first couple of weeks :?: computer is not my middle name either! :lol:

Way to go on the hill walking :cp:

Wow Tallara! Sounds like you have been doing really well :)

squeaker 07-07-2003 01:36 PM

Don't let her fool you Tracy, Mauvais is a wonderful moderator. :)

Oh and I think I missed when you stopped in for the first time so a belated Welcome Tracy! :wave:

soozie 07-07-2003 02:23 PM

I love myself today because I'm determined to meet the September Challenge, because I went to the gym on Sat., Sun., and today and I'm going back tomorrow...and because I've been eating my salads with balsamic vinegar and no oil and enjoying them...
and I'm happy to be back getting the support of the Alternachicks, though I do miss Ellis...hope that she's back soon!
Soozie

dentrassi 07-07-2003 05:28 PM

I love myself today because i am sticking to the program, and because i get to come here and "talk" to so many great women!!!

TallTracy88 07-08-2003 07:35 AM

Good morning!!

Thank you again for the welcomes!!!

I walked again today for the same amount of time but longer..whew i was booking it!!

Again i feel motivated for ALL of you are SO motivated!!

Thank you!!!!!

mauvaisroux 07-08-2003 09:08 AM

Good going Tracy! :)

I love myself today because I took charge of my dietary set back last night and planned some meals for the next few days and packed healthy lunches for Tuesday for DH and I.

I also got up and exercised this morning, watered my plants, baked some low-fat muffins and made my self a good breakfast before going to work.

Taking care of me! :D

soozie 07-08-2003 11:30 AM

Ate a good breakfast today,
took the kid to camp and HIKED her up to her unit.
going to the gym right now...meeting with my trainer.
sticking to that goal...
10 pounds by September first.
Yeah Baybee!!
Good work Mauvais!
have a great day girlies,
Love, Soozie

ellis 07-08-2003 02:56 PM

Hey girls! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments!

Soozie, are you really back? :D

soozie 07-08-2003 10:06 PM

I'm back and I missed you!
Soozie

ellis 07-08-2003 11:22 PM

Oh, Soozie. :love:

TallTracy88 07-09-2003 07:59 AM

Good Morninggggggggggggg!!

WB soozie and howdy ellis!!

well i walked again today though I have to admit a wee bit slower as I swam with the summer camp yesterday!!

I feeel mentally better but boy am i tired today.

I need a burst of energy,

Any suggestions for some natural food that will pep me up??

Hope verybody is doing well!!

Tracy

soozie 07-09-2003 09:26 AM

Hi tracy,
Welcome to you too...ummm food???
light fare seems to help me feel peppier...and lowfat protein...
veggies, fruit...
Ellis...
I'm telling your hubby that you're giving me googly-eyes...
Love, Soozie

mauvaisroux 07-09-2003 09:28 AM

Feeling good since I belly danced this morning and feel energized!

Gorgeous day out too and a nice walk to work :)

ellis 07-09-2003 10:22 AM

Hey Tracey! :wave:
I've seen you around before... it's nice to see you HERE!
Coffee. Perfectly natural. ;)

I'm feeling pretty rough, too. I'm going to have a nap.
Maybe we should be belly dancing like Mauvais. Seems to be pepping her up. :D

dentrassi 07-09-2003 10:29 AM

SLEEPY......Had to get up EARLY to get DS13 to an eye appointment and I don't DO early!!! Good news-he had "lazy eye" when he was younger, and had to wear glasses. He hasn't worn glasses for a few years now, and TODAY the doctor said he doesn't have to come back unless he starts having problems reading the board at school!!! One less thing to keep track of. YAY!!!

Idealperson 07-09-2003 11:48 AM

Can I join in here? I love myself today because... I tried on my teenage daughter's skirt and it fit! Also, I weighed in on Monday and I am 3 pounds from my goal...55 pounds gone forever! From size 18 to 8! What a feeling!:)

mauvaisroux 07-09-2003 12:21 PM

Congratulations Idealperson! :cp: :bravo:

What plan were you following and how long did it take you to lose the weight?

Lunula 07-09-2003 12:52 PM

Congratulations, Ideal! Size 8!!!! :love:

I have a few things in my closet just waiting for me to hit lower sizes - what a thrill for you!

Tallara 07-09-2003 02:55 PM

I love myself today because I got a huge amt of work in 2 days and I completed what needed to be done before we leave for NY tomarrow.

also ive lost 1.5 this week and Im very pleased with WW. yea! :cb:

TallTracy88 07-09-2003 03:48 PM

whewwwwwwww..girls love the love around here..lol

belly dancing (how utterly cool!!) teenage skirts..amazing..getting work done and going on vacay..yahoo..not having to worry about your child's eyes..priceless..truly wonderful

Keep it coming gals..was in a funk..but all of you made me feel better wiht the lovely positive posts!!

Thank you!!!

ellis 07-09-2003 07:18 PM

Den, that's great news about little DS! :)

Congratulations on all your accomplishments, girls!! :cb:

I feel good today. Little DS was sick this morning. He had a fever and aching arms and legs. Possibly a mild attack of West Nile.?
I was VERY frightened.
Anyhow, we gave him Tylenol and a bath, and he had a LONG sleep this morning and is much better now. He and I spent the afternoon on the verandah cuddling, reading, and playing charades. I feel good because I've been feeling odd lately about staying at home with my children. Wondering if I should get out there and find a "real" job. I've remembered why I stay home now, and I'm glad of it. A job outside the home can always come later... my children are for now.

Sojourner 07-10-2003 02:03 AM

Pampering...

Had my hair cut and colored.
Bleached my teeth.
Plucked my eyebrows.
Went tanning. :cool:
Gave myself a manicure, pedicure, and facial.
Refilled my contact prescriptions.

I'm friggin' gorgeous!

:smug:

soozie 07-10-2003 04:45 AM

Ellis,
Yeah, you snuggly-nurturing-fever-curing-loving-mommy you! and don't think that he won't always remember that either...all that love and attention and care!
nothing in the world like mom rubbing your head and telling you that everything is gonna be alright.
and Sojo...you go you foxy mama.
Love Soozie

TallTracy88 07-10-2003 07:29 AM

Morning

So sorry your ds was sick..hope he is better this morning1

Sojourner..woah..now that is somethng I need to do..good for you!!

Did my walk..over my rant about my car..hoping todya will be a better food day!!

Tracy

Ruthxxx 07-10-2003 07:46 AM

It's cooler today and I am feeling great! I loved my visit with my friend Shirleyanne and am now all enthused about sewing again. She has reassured me that I can make a quilt for Harry's birthday and it does not have to be as perfect as one my dear perfect sister would make! I feel confident.

ellis 07-10-2003 08:05 AM

Thanks, Tracy. He is back to being his usual rambunctious, chatterbox self. Phew! :) Hope you have a better day, hon!

Ruth, I need some slipcovers. ;)

It IS cooler, and I feel great, too!
I'm going to try to get a ton of cleaning done today. Maybe I can even rope the children into doing a few chores. :dance:
Hmmmm... a song comes to mind... "To dream, the impossible dream..."

mauvaisroux 07-10-2003 11:59 AM

Good luck with the kids and chores Ellis :lol:

ellis 07-10-2003 01:52 PM

My gosh! I did it, Mauvais! We had a group "conference". There were a few tears (very sensitive daughter), but we worked everything out and they've agreed to do a chore or two every morning. Today they cleaned the pantry. They've got a breakfast/craft table in there, and you can actually see the top of the table now! :lol:

TallTracy88 07-10-2003 06:36 PM

ok ellis..pleaseeeeeeeeeee come over and chat with my family..honestly i ready to retire the MOM title..lol you go girl!!!

PS all of you CRACKED me up with the fashion Police..i was howling...oh man...oh man...very good..please post more!!!

mauvaisroux 07-10-2003 08:50 PM

Way to go Ellis :cp:

I love myself today because I helped my mom with her weight loss plan.

I spent a few hours each day last week setting up a week's worth of daily menus complete with each food's Weight Watcher's points and daily totals plus a box to tick off water intake and exercise for 15 minutes a day (she has to start slowly) on the computer for her as well as a master grocery list to help get her started. I put it all in binder for her to use as her WW book. It was a lot of work but I am glad I did it :D

Tonight I went to my parents for dinner and spent an hour just going over everything with her - :) I helped her and had some bonding time too!

TallTracy88 07-11-2003 08:06 AM

WELL DONE!!!!!:bravo: !!!!

dentrassi 07-11-2003 10:50 PM

YAY MAUVAIS AND ELLIS!!!!!

ellis 07-12-2003 08:23 AM

Ah, Tracy! For 140 bucks an hour, you too can learn how to talk to your kids! Psychologists... I should have been a psychologist. :rolleyes:

Mauvais, that was such a nice thing to do. What a good daughter you are. :grouphug:

TallTracy88 07-12-2003 09:26 AM

me too..lol..just think what I will save when they get older..then they will not stay with me until they are 30!! Whohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ellis 07-12-2003 09:32 AM

heh heh.
My Mom gave me a cheque recently for $140. She said, "Now use this when you or DD have to go to see the psychologist and I'll give you another cheque when you've used that one. It's important that you have someone to talk to."
VERY sweet, but if she'd just listened to me when I was younger we might not BE in this state! :rolleyes: