3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

September Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #76

Height: 5'-2"

Oh lordy, Lidian. That is such a good story... I'm killing myself laughing. heh heh.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 07-20-2003, 03:15 PM   #77
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

You are all a riot!!!! Personally i like to say, "I have to go powder my nose." In such a coarse way that it leaves no doubt what I am REALLY going to do!!!
My Granny once asked my sister (when she was little) if she wanted to "spend a penny." My sister said "SURE!!" thinking some candy was in the offing...was SHE ever surprised to be taken into the public restroom!!!
Old 07-20-2003, 09:01 PM   #78
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That was hilarious Lidian!

I always ask the server at a restaurant or a store clerk where the "ladies room" is...they seem to know what I am talking about so hey

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 07-21-2003, 12:40 PM   #79
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I weighed in at lunch today since I will miss this week's WW meeting - I am down to 163.5 - yay!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 07-21-2003, 12:43 PM   #80

CONGRATULATIONS MAUVAIS!!!!!!!!!! You are inspirational!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #81

Good for you, Mauvais!!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 07-21-2003, 01:25 PM   #82
Canadian, eh?

Good for you Mauvais!

Ellis - were you born in England? I was born in London, came to Canada at age 5. One thing about us brits - we have plenty of euphamisms for "the loo".
Old 07-21-2003, 03:45 PM   #83
the kid's counting on me!

Hi girls,
quick pit stop before heading to the beach...my DP and DD left yesterday and DP will be home in a few minutes to pick me up to join them...I had lots of work to finish up. But the good news is...I'm here for weighin
starting weight 183
last week 180.5
this week 179 !!!!!

yahoo!!! total loss so far 4 pounds...
6 more pounds to go and 6 more weeks to go!
I can do it! (so can you...well, except for Lidian's wish for 15 pounds by next week...that is, unless you want to remove a body part Lidian...I mean, who needs two kidneys and have you had your appendix and gall bladder removed...then there's always liposuction...gotta go pack quickly!! )
love you girls,
Soozie
Old 07-21-2003, 05:11 PM   #84

Yes, Karen... we moved here when I was two. Needless to say I don't have many memories of my birthplace.

Old 07-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #85

YAY SOOZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:03 AM   #86

I am up for the toffee challenge mentioned a while back. I did, however, fail the leftover Pepperidge Farm Cookie challenge. Yum. Burp. Back on wagon... and besides the company that cme Saturday ate most of them!

Lidian: Re library/lavatory confusion -- my father always said he was going to "the library" whenever he was going to be a particularly long time in the bathroom. I'm sorry you didn't hear the librarian's comment directly, too... because as a former librarian, I can promise you that we always enjoyed someone who would laugh like a wild hyena!!!
If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. - W. Beran Wolfe
Old 07-22-2003, 09:33 AM   #87
Searching

Default I am on the wagon

Excercising, watching my food. Who knows if I will lose any weight, once I start to really move I tend to creep up instead of go down. The upside I feel great.

I have considered organ donation before to lose pounds. But all that recovery time, who has time for it?

My dad use to always say he was going to visit Mrs. Murphy. I still don't know what it means except he is going to be in the bathroom A LONG TIME!

Miss Chris

Weight Jan 2006- 257 lbs
Current weight-202.8 (5'7 1/2)
Goal weight-155 lbs.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #88

Hahahaha! You girls are so funny, you put a big smile on my face on this rainy day cooped up with 2 slightly (slightly?) bored young ladies (& two insolent cats)...

My family did not have any special washroom euphemisms but my great aunt had pink and silver poodles-in-Paris wallpaper in her washroom, which I thought was fabulous when I was a kid. And a loo-shaped ashtray on top of the toilet which read 'rest your tired ash', which I was mystified by until much older...

In E.F. Benson's "Mapp and Lucia" books, one of the characters calls coloring his hair "being busy indoors", which could also be a good euphemism for washroom activity I guess!

Children of course are totally direct, aren't they? No puches pulled. The urgent whisper to mom, the indoor busyness to follow...

Lidian
Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 AM   #89
the kid's counting on me!

well girls
back from vacation and stayed the same
can't complain about that
don't have time to get caught up on my reading here
but, I'll try to check in when I get home from work tonight
so, still 179 and still 6 pounds to go but, in only five weeks now
I'm not discouraged...going to the gym today
went yesterday but pushed too hard...ouch
after a week away from strength training should have
taken it a bit easier...today I'll do cardio and then come home
and do a hour of lovely, yummy, yoga...ahhhhh....ommmmm
Nice to be back girlies.
Talk to you later.
Soozie
Old 07-28-2003, 02:32 PM   #90

HI SOOZIE!! It is GREAT to stay the same on vacation!!! I have stalled a bit, so I went back on phase 1 of South Beach Diet. I have 4 pounds to go to reach my September goal.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.