Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 07:13 PM   #91  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis and Mauvais-!@#$ you two are funny!!!!!!!!!

Jessica-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! They ALSO park over the line or crooked so you can't get your car in or out. They ALSO tail you when you are in the middle lane doing 70 thinking that they can scare you into moving over (while they talk on their phones) PASS YOU AWIPE!!! That's what the left lane is THERE FOR!!! I always make a point of slowing down when they do that!!!!!!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-16-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:58 PM   #92  
Canadian, eh?

It's a conspiracy...all us SUV drivers have a secret society aimed at making everyone else on the road irate.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:39 PM   #93  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I am getting so binp tired of bing censoring you bing girls with the emoticon

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-16-2003 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:22 AM   #94  

Height: 5'-2"

Come on girls... smarten up. Our sweet moderator Mauvais has better things to do than chase around after you.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:40 AM   #95  
Searching

Talking Sorry Mauvis.............

I got to b about those SUV's and drivers in general.

THE CELL PHONE THING MAKES ME WANT TO CHASE THEM DOWN AND SHOVE THAT PHONE UP THEIR BOOTYS SO FARDialing prostate

On the interstate I had the commute talker at 80 mph in front of me the other day. He just better be happy there are no loaded weapons on the front of my vehicle!

SUV's HOW MUCH BIGGER ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE THESE THINGS? SO 1 oil well= 1 SUV. Standard parking spaces don't fit the Cadillac SUV.

AND WHEN I AM OUT WALKING, DYING IN THE HEAT. KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF INSIDE THE VEHICLE OR THIS FAT GIRL IS GOING TO SIT ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Chris
Old 07-17-2003, 07:29 AM   #96  

Ellis You are so cute with your mother henning!

I don't really care but other people read our posts too and may be offended by our coarse language -if they are not already offended by our talk of sex, corporate politics, and leg waxing

Chris- I'm not sure why people need an SUV if they live in the city, unless you haul a lot of stuff around or do sporty stuff?

We drive a passenger van which we bought mainly for the purpose of DH hauling his band gear from show to show since the seats come out and it comes in handy for hauling groceries, going to Ikea and ....of course helping friends move
Old 07-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #97  

All the SUVs that I see are VERY clean. I don't think there's a whole lot of "off-roading" going on. (someone here has an SUV. Is it Merrylegs? Let's get her!! )

Chris, do people actually make COMMENTS!? That's horrible!!

Where are we? Ahhh, the b**ch thread. Okay, I'm probably going to offend a few people here (sorry... what else is new), but it really TICKS me off when, on one of the hottest days of summer, a day blighted with SMOG and smog WARNINGS, I see people SITTING in their big fat vehicles in a parking lot waiting for someone with the vehicle running just so that they can stay cool. Or... same thing... they'll sit in their car and eat their lunch. Ummmm, HELLO!? Why the heck do you think we've GOT smog in Ottawa now!?
It's understandable if you've got a health condition that warrants it, but otherwise you're causing MAJOR health problems for the rest of the damned planet!!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:11 AM   #98  
Canadian, eh?

I think I ought to lay low till the SUV bashing is done!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:02 AM   #99  

Karen, I'm only teasing you! There is NOTHING serious going on here. We love you (despite your honkin' great gas guzzler )
Old 07-17-2003, 11:18 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

MissChris-were we separated at birth???? Along with the strength training and sci-fi love, we also seem to have the same personality when it comes to people.
I make a point to not have company at our house-no showers, parties, guests over for dinner....but I will go to events like that at someone ELSE'S home-for the simple fact that when I get "peopled out" I can LEAVE. I am not stuck trying to clean up a mess with the GUESTS THAT WON'T GO HOME!
I swear-my husband has a friend, and for the past 3 years he has had a girlfriend-and we were forced into being "friends by association." I hated every minute of it. My DH would invite his friend over-and they wold hang out in the garage and play guitars and drink and play Magic the Gathering-and I was stuck entertaining his girlfriend all night. We had absolutely NOTHING in common. I like anything sci-fi or fantasy-Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc. and her idea of a good movie was the latest chick flick with Jennifer Lopez or Reese Witherspoon...MAKE ME BARF!!! I have two kids-she had none, I love tattoos and other body art-she didn't, I collect crystal balls-she collected Winnie the Pooh, I was a thrift store shopper-she wore Tommy Hifiger...(I felt like I was a fine wine and she was Kool-Aid.)
What made it worse was they would come over at 6 in the evening, and not leave until 4 am!!!!! I would finally resort to going to bed around 1 and leaving her to fend for herself. She can go home and sleep in-I have two kids that are going to be getting me up at the crack of dawn!
They broke up this past year, and I was SOOOOOOO happy.
I am also the same way with holiday stuff...I large family gatherings with all my dh's bratty little cousins, and everyone discussing what I am or am not eating AT the function. GGGRRRR....
Another complaint-just because I hold a grudge and have to get it out-when I was just about to have my son-my DH was talking to his mom on the phone, and he told her we had decided on a name for our baby-Raiden Acheta. She sent him an email the next day telling him "not to let ME name our baby that" because it is too wierd and Raiden is a wussy name....little did she know that I was sitting right beside him reading the email when he got it. I was so ticked off...I had spent months finding the right name for him. We had a daughter, and when I got pregnant the second time, he started calling my belly "Thor" because is was the manliest name he could think of I guess. He wanted a boy, obviously.
We found out only 3 weeks before I was to be induced that it was a boy, and I searched and searched for a name...and then I found it: Thor is the Norse God of Thunder, and in Japanese mythology, Raiden is the God of Thunder...so my husband's nickname for my belly essentially became his name. Acheta (pronounced A-Kay-ta) is Native American for "warrior". We gave both of our children Native American middle names, because my husband is half Sioux-his father was full blooded. His parents got divorced and she remarried and his stepfather adopted him. His father now is great, and his birth father died, but his mother held a grudge and pretty much stripped him of any of his heritage and kept no contact with any of his birth father's relatives. We get a call now and then from one of them, but we can't tell her about it, because she will go on a rant about how they are all drunks, and worthless, and they are only calling because they want something. My DH has half brothers and sisters out there and we have no idea where they are or how many, or names or anything.
So there is another rant...
Back on to the unsociable thing again-I don't have many female friends, and I do not have what you would consider a best friend. Most of my friends are either online in forums where we have things in common-like here, belly dance forums, and costuming forums that I belong to. I talk online, and go to conventions maybe once or twice a year and see these people, and they are more my friends than someone here in town that I have NOTHING in common with. I am friends with my group of belly dancers in town, but we are not together 24 hours a day...my husband can be around people ALL THE TIME. I cannot.
I also hated it when people made comments about me nursing our kids when they were babies...one of my sister in laws (who was a breast fed baby) would not give my daughter a bottle of my milk. I told her she handled, cooked with and drank BREASTMILK from some old dirty cow in a field full of its own poo, and that made no sense at all. Amazing how people seem to forget the the milk in the store is BREAST MILK from an animal. What, do they think it comes from the milk tree?

Aphil

Last edited by aphil; 07-17-2003 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:40 PM   #101  
Searching

Talking Maybe we were seperated at birth

Here's a Chris faux pas yesterday. This woman is like so pregnant and I ask her if she is going to nurse. She gave me this look like that was the most disgusting thing she ever heard of. I have no idea what my face looked like, shock, bewilderment. I mean breastfeeding was one of the easiest things I have done in my life.

Aphil I know exactly what you mean except the one I was stuck with was named Maura. Okay one night we are doing tequila shots and she starts to tell me this story about how she tried to jump out of her boyfriends car on the interstate during a fight and how sex is a weapon SHE IS PSYCHO! She decided she didn't want to hang with me one night when she decided to discuss the finer points of Shakespeare with me. CLUELESS I SAY! Ripped her to shreds and she never came back She was of the same category, lets stay up all night and get as messed up as possible. A diet to her meant chewing gum and only beer instead of eating.

You know some people always have something to say about what you name your kids. We have Sebastian. Least favorite comment ," Did you name him after the crab in the little mermaid?"
Try "The Never Ending Story" READ A BOOK PEOPLE! And we gave my son 2 middle names. OMG WHAT A BURDEN SOME PEOPLE WOULD SAY! WHAT ?!!!

The people saying stuff while me and my son walk rolls right off my back. Their the lazy butts with their smog producing vehicles.

Miss Chris
Old 07-17-2003, 01:03 PM   #102  

RE: friends dumb girlfriends that you are forced to associate with.....

One of our friends had this girlfriend, I tried so hard to be nice to her and include her in conversations etc, etc. but she was so dumb that one day DH said to her "How's that tattoo working out for you?" She " What tatoo" DH " The one behind your left ear that says inflate to 50 PSI" She while touching earlobe and fluttering her eyelashes "I don't have a tattoo!"

DH can be very mean sometimes but it was pretty funny
Old 07-17-2003, 01:27 PM   #103  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Raiden is a beautiful name.

I think we alternachicks all think the same. We don't get along with "normal" girls, we don't have any qualms about telling people what we think (especially if they're making asinine statements), and we would rather not "fit in."

To thine own self be true, chicas.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:42 PM   #104  

You said it Jessica!
Old 07-17-2003, 03:18 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

rochemist-I got a lot of the same reaction with breastfeeding...my sister in laws both have told me "I just couldn't do that!" Let me tell you-it is a whole lot easier to plop out your boob that it is to get up, measure formula and water, have to worry about heating it up or keeping it cold, and paying for the stuff. There are no bottles to wash, and you can control what is in it-not some scientist. It is funny, because my MIL nursed all of her kids...you would think that she would have had some influence-at least she did with my husband-he very much encouraged it.
It is also funny what you said about the crab in The Little Mermaid...when you said Sebastian-The Neverending Story is what I first thought of.
Goddess Jessica-thanks for the compliments on my son's name...my daughter's name is Jasmine Natane (pronounced Na-tawn-ee) Jason is a big Type O Negative fan and she was "concieved to" Type O Negative...and there was the reference to Jasmine in the one song...Natane is Native American for "daughter". Jasmine is also my husband's favorite scent in incense and candles...so it kindof stuck.
My name is Amy, and there were like 3 other Amy's in my class in school...I always wanted a name a little more original than that.
I totally don't get along with "regular" girls...I rarely drink, but when I do-it is usually a nice wine-not the foo-foo fuzzy navals or whatever the girly-girls drink at the bar. I read fantasy and sci-fi books, or true crime books about serial killers or something about a different language or culture...not the latest romance by Danielle Steel. Ick. I hate girls like that.
Aphil
Closed Thread