Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 06:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Default Re: She is gorgous

Quote:
Originally posted by liz321
If she can just through this tough time and get to the other side she will soon realize that.......that is why I don't want to start the shaving thing....it will grow in thicker....
Shaving (or cutting) hair does NOT make it grow in thicker - that is a total & complete myth. We have a certain number of hairs growing on our bodies & this doesn't change by shaving - it's strictly because of our genes & hormones. Because the hair shaft is slightly coarser & darker at its base compared to its tip, hair can temporarily appear thicker after it has been significantly cut or shaved. Also, since young males typically see in an increase in facial hair as they age, a lot of people thought this was due to the shaving... but it's not - it's still just heredity.

So, don't worry about that!

Waxing can actually decrease the amount of hair growth a little, simply because by ripping the hair out at the root you can damage the follicle, thereby stopping new growth.

If you're considering waxing, go to a professional to have it done. It can be incredibly painful and dangerous (hot wax, ow!) if you don't know what you're doing. Okay... it's probably gonna be painful even with a skilled professional - but not as bad, lol.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:17 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Don't use soap and a razor! It will work okay but you run the risk of getting very dry skin and a stronger chance of nicking.

I recommend using a shaving foam formulated for sensitive skin -less chance of irritation- there are also some products made specifically for women.

I bought DH some shaving cream that comes in a tube from the Body Shop but I have used it once or twice when I ran out of my own stuff - it left my skin feeling nice and smooth : )

I have tried neet and it was okay.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:31 PM   #18  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Are you thinking about getting one of those virgin bikini waxes where they strip all the hair off. I heard it really hurts but once the stinging is gone it can be quite erotic
I've shaved it all off before and I really really dug it. And it was pretty darn erotic. But then it grows in so fast, I'm like, "what's the point?" I think I'd like to have it all waxed off but the idea of someone waxing my labia lips.... well, unless she's really cute, it makes me a bit nervous!
Old 06-19-2003, 08:42 PM   #19  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I think waxing there would HURT LIKE ****. And I am just not into pain.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:38 AM   #20  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I tried the Nair waxing kit. It didn't work at all. It may be because I didn't wait for the hair to grow long enough to wax. But I couldn't wait long enough.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:47 PM   #21  
Buggin' with Pugs

Ok i got to comment....be careful shaving the nether regions....ingrown hairs can absess and cause some really yucky things. Also, a bad chemical burn from Nair...down there...can permanatly reduce your 'sensitivity'.

I have a secret thing we do...... Shhhhh...
OK...it is very erotic to let your significant other trim the hair 'down there' with safe scissors. This way, you still feel trimmed..no ingrown hairs or itch, and no burn. plus its very personal and , um, er.......well just Trust me on this
Old 06-20-2003, 07:26 PM   #22  

Height: 5'-2"

You're talking about him trimming her, right? Because if I had to trim him, I might accidentally trim something off. Sort of an accidental Loreena Bobbit.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:38 PM   #23  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I think most guys wouldn't let you anywhere NEAR their genitals with a pair of scissors!!!! (But I think it COULD be very sensual. I was getting aroused just thinking about it!!!)
Old 06-21-2003, 06:08 AM   #24  

Hmmm... doesn't take much to get YOU hot, does it.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:58 PM   #25  
it's always something

I used to use an epilady way back when. It must have killed a lot of my hair follicles, as I rarely have to shave. It's as painful as waxing, though. I'd probably rather just shave if I had to do it over again.

I must have deep seated fears about body hair, as I frequently have dreams about it. The other night, I dreamed that I had thick nostril hair that grew floor length, and I could brush it. I was so proud!
Old 06-22-2003, 12:17 AM   #26  

Suzanne, my daughter told me this evening to trim my nostril hair.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:41 AM   #27  

Ellis-NOPE!!!!

Suzanne-WAS IT BRAIDED?!?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:17 AM   #28  

That reminds me... yesterday at our Dragon Boat races, I was the only one on our team wearing pants. (it was a hot day) My legs are currently unshaven; and as you all know, fat and dimply. I was teased about it... there were at least 4 other women there who were much bigger than me but in shorts. And one of them had hairy legs. I really must get over my stupidity.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:08 PM   #29  

What are Dragon Boat Races? I'm imagining ornately carved boats with a Chinese style head at the front and tail at the back.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:19 AM   #30  

You got it, Den!
http://www.dragonboat.net/
Closed Thread