Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 10:53 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I prefer to be thought of as mad, I tell you mad!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:19 PM   #17  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks girls! Yes Ellis thank you for your message. I am going to look at the site now.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #18  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

The book sounded interesting, and I picked it up this afternoon. Thanks for recommendation Chris!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:07 PM   #19  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls,
Just wanted to let you know I was to the doctor this morning and she put me on Celexa-Citalopram for depression and panic disorder. I think I have been having panic attacks, so she is trying me on this for awhile to see if it makes a difference. She also said that sometime I should think about seeing a therapist, I will give this a whirl first and see how it goes.
She was very impressed with my weight loss, and also informed me however, this med could possibly cause me to gain weight but she said where I am already doing so well there, it should not be a problem. I hope not! She was also pleased to hear I quite drinking. Now if I can get this dealt with, then I will move on to the smoking issue, but she told me to take one thing on at a time.
Well, we will see how it goes anyway. Thanks for your support!
Virginia
Old 06-11-2003, 01:11 PM   #20  

Height: 5'-2"

Virginia, I'm so glad that you went! And that it went well!! That is a HUGE hurdle you've overcome... congratulations!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:23 PM   #21  

Virginia, that is wonderful news...glad you are being well looked after. And I know the strength it takes to go and get the help one needs - it is very hard to! Congratulations & please let us know how you are doing -- Lidian
Old 06-11-2003, 02:06 PM   #22  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Virginia-GOOD FOR YOU!!! My DS (#2) is on Celexa. He still gets anxious sometimes, but hasn't had a major panic attack since he went on it. Hope it works for you too!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

That is great news Virginia! I'm glad that you are getting the help you need
Old 06-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #24  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

That is great Viriginia! I am very impressed. You are doing an amazing job at getting yourself together!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 11:32 PM   #25  
Pending Email Confirmation

wow, i just think that people who have the courage to go get taken care of are so amazing. to normal people I suppose making a Dr.'s Appt is not a big deal. But, to people like me... i dunno. The thought terrifies me. I haven't been to a gyno in 3 years, and I haven't been to a regular Dr. in about 2. I have gone in to get things taken care of like ear infections... but... emotional and physical problems ... i almost feel like if i ignore it it will go away i guess. *L*

No news it good news.

Congrats to the people who have the courage to love themselves and take care of themselves. Maybe I'll face my fear that something is wrong and take the plunge some day.

on a side note - i too played the medication game. first zoloft. then effexor. then prozac. it's so hard to find the right one. i kinda feel like i should go back on them now, but playing the medication game is risky. zoloft made me worse, and effexor made me a zombie, and prozac made me apathetic. i need something that just keeps me from having such a bad attitude, will help me be social, and not have freak outs. is that too much to ask? *LOL*

Last edited by lizziness; 06-11-2003 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #26  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally posted by lizziness
i need something that just keeps me from having such a bad attitude, will help me be social, and not have freak outs. is that too much to ask? *LOL*
Oh Lizzi... you sound JUST like me! I'm taking Fluoxetine (prozac), and it's worked pretty well for me (okay, it's been my miracle drug) for several years. But I'm still getting some bad depression stuff... with greater frequency lately... so I'm going to find a good (hopefully) psychiatrist and see about changing my meds.
DON'T ignore your problems! We will kick you in the butt and MAKE you go!
Old 06-12-2003, 08:00 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chickies, I have been blessed by never suffering from a major depression but have several friends who have to live with the condition. I imagine the hardest step is recognizing you need help and going and getting it.

Good for you all and a huge supportive hug.

MotheRuth
Old 06-12-2003, 11:06 AM   #28  

Miss Chriss,

My DH's best friend is Bi-polar. He is very overweight. He says it's due to some of his meds. They changed them and he has started to loose the weight. I don't know if it is true or not, but that is what he says. I also have a friend who is dating a man who is bi-polar and he is very fit.

Don't know if it helps or not, just thought I would put my two pennies in, lol

Bella23

Other then that, I can't be much help
Old 06-12-2003, 11:10 AM   #29  

I am kind of like you, Lizzi...it is hard for me to make those dr appts. I have a terrific dr but alas she herself has been ill a lot this year - so I want to wait till she is better. I really love her, and she has known me for 6 years, so I don't want to switch. But even with her, it is hard to explain what is on my mind, when it is sort of hard to describe. I don't have classic panic attacks but a lot of things make me anxious.

Hmmm...maybe I could just say that, of course!

Lidian
Old 06-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #30  
Searching

YOU LADIES ARE AWESOME!

WAY TO GO VIRGINIA! I am so blessed and feel so loved to know all of you. Especially Ruth since she gets to be the "normal" one! LOL!

Miss Chris
Closed Thread