Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm getting my tattoo on my inner bicep. They don't look manly if you lift and have nice arms.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

I know this isn't the case for everyone, but for me, having tats on the bone hurt the least. I have one behind my ear and 2 on my lower hips. The one on my head hurt the least, and the hip one that goes up a little bit onto my stomach KILLED! But I agree with everyone who says that the pain should not stop you. If it does, you probably don't want that tat bad enough

As to where, I personally loooooove tattoos on ladies back ribs/side, inner wrist, inner bicep, and hip bones. I think the "how much should I loose first" question should be answered depending on where you want it. How does your body look in that area now, what do you want, etc. A decent tattoo artist should also be able to give you some idea of if/how your tattoo would change depending on how much your body changes.
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #18  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I am definitely getting one either near the inner wrist or as a "bracelet" tattoo with words of inspiration/reminders not to go back unless I find something that is really symbolic instead of words. I thought about going big but it is something I want to easily look without having to take my shirt off or something like that, lol.

Good luck with whatever and wherever you decide to get it!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

I've considered getting a quote from Lolita on my left rist/ forearm: "And a cesspool of rotting monsters behind his slow, boyish smile", just changing it to female pronouns.

I feel like this might be something I'd regret though. I wish I could get a tat that only lasted 5 years or so...
It'd be pretty sweet though.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #20  
A determined quirky chick

S/C/G: 265/227/160

Height: 5'8"

I have 6, and I got most of mine when I was bigger - 280 and more. I have three on my arms just above the wrist, a celtic tribal cross on the upper arm/shoulder area, and a celtic knot band below it (though that was done when I was at the end of my big weight loss and I was 190's). Then one on my ankle area. Through my weight changes (up and down) I never noticed a big change, but that's likely due to the areas they were placed; anything really fleshy can cause a big change with dramatic weight changes. So if you are thinking chest, hip, butt, stomach, etc .. You might end up having the appearance change after a weight loss or gain. A friend of mine told me about a friend of theirs that got a butterfly on their butt and they had a dramatic weight change, and it ended up looking shriveled, like a raisin.

Last edited by Quirky Chick; 03-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Quirky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #21  
ChynaMartin

S/C/G: 220/Ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I have several and my husband and I are tattooers. I have a chest piece and a side piece, a half-sleeve and both legs done. It really just depends on the tattoo you want and how big. i recommend arms as the tattoo will not shift drastically as your weight does.
Chyna Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I am a COMPLETE WUSS and got one at the beginning of this journey on the top of my foot. It didn't hurt at all except a tiny bit when she was pressing hard filling in the color on my achilles. It says "Defy Gravity" from the musical Wicked.

CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/197/140

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
Tattoos on your feet HURT!!!!
Haha "hurt" is an understatement. But they're just so darn pretty when they're done!

I love this topic, because that's another thing I'm getting done as one of my "rewards." Because tattoos are something I can't get enough of.

I have a really ugly tat on my upper arm and I can't wait to get my arms toned enough to get it covered up. I'm going to get a quarter-sleeve peacock. In my head, he's gorgeous.

I love the mermaid quote too! Love it a lot! I say reward yourself with a tattoo whenever that body part is "ready."
Jesserz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

I have 15 tattoos. My pain is going to be completely different than your pain. My ankle KILLED me, and so did the back of my thighs. I have a tattoo on the top of my foot and I could of been sleeping with how NON painful it was. I have a half sleeve, and it doesn't look manly at all. It's all in the design and the way the artist works with it. The thing is, this is YOUR body. We can tell you where to get tattoos all day long but at the end of the day, your living with it not us. Get something YOU want to get, get something where YOU want to get it. Our approval isn't needed, and if you have to second guess something, pick something else.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #25  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all the additional info and insights, everyone. CherryPie, Wicked is one of my favorite musicals and your tattoo is cute!

I think I'm going to wait until I hit goal weight. I made it to Onederland and it just doesn't feel like the right time yet.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Novus and Kitcherella, those are awesome tattoo ideas/designs. I like Anais Nin as well. Under a Glass Bell is one of my favorite collections of short stories.

I have 2 tattoos, one on the inside of my ankle (A windmill in a blue delft pattern) and a "Strength for the Living" on my wrist in dutch and Gaelic (To reflect my heritage)

Neither one was too painful IMO. The ankle one was a bit more painful, mainly because it has shading/highlighting and is bigger.

I like tattoos on the upper back, especially shoulder blades, ribs, feet, obviously wrist and inside of the ankle (not as big a fan of the outside of the ankle), tops of the heels (right bellow the achilles tendon, though some places won't do it there), and I love tattoos on calves... but I'm too chicken, and hate my calves too much to have it done.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #27  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Mine is on the outside of my right calf. I love it there--it doesn't show at work if I don't want it to (pants) but I show it off when wearing a skirt or shorts or capris.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 307/293/180

Novus, that abstract mermaid is awesome. And Kitcherella, that eye is amazing.

I have two tattoos. One above my ankle (outside of my leg); the other just inside my left wrist. People sometimes don't notice the wrist tattoo. And when I'm at my conservative workplace, I cover it with a wide bracelet. But I love it because I can look at it all the time.
julia820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6"

I just had a tattoo placed on my right calf, ... A Blue treble clef with a tribal twist.. One of my oldest friends & I have talked about getting "Sister Tattoos for 15 years... We finally did it! Funny thing, not once did I think about it's locale in regards to when I lose weight.. She opted for her arm.. & I opted for my calf, as I have a full sleeve planned as my "goal" reward. I'm just trusting it wont shift too much as I shrink.. as my calfs are muscular. (mines on the right.. upside down in pix due to camera angle to get us both in.) It's my 3rd tattoo..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7353.jpg (28.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by indigal; 06-30-2013 at 10:59 PM.
indigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #30  
Pawmother

I have been tattooing myself with temporary stuff, but I'll get a permanent one (my dog's paw print with her initial in the paw.) on my right wrist. Nothing too big or pronounced, but it'll be there. I'll be a government official, so I do have a strong reason to make it concealable (is that even a word? ).
LucreziaBorgia is offline   Reply With Quote