Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 03:21 PM   #31  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I own both of those movies....shameful secret
Old 05-02-2003, 08:07 PM   #32  
Searching

Talking No Worries Jessica

I recently accquired the DVD version of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

By the way X2 is AWESOME!!!!!!!

I love Nightcrawler, Hugh Jackman (well I shouldn't go there, I consider the Wolverine kinda a nasty character smelling like cigar smoke to see him so attractive is just confusing!) So many glimpses so little time. I want to see it again!

Miss Chris<------huge comic book geek
Old 05-03-2003, 12:06 PM   #33  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Most excellent!!! (insert guitar riff here)
Old 05-03-2003, 07:38 PM   #34  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

All I will say for now is - X2 was great! I loved it.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:36 PM   #35  
a brave new me...

Smile Yes!

X2 was surprisingly good... much better than the first imo. It could have used about twenty minutes of editing, but beyond that it was a great story, great special effects, and some cool new characters. And the women kick butt in this movie. I did think there was a big hole in the plot near the end... but otherwise it was great. If you like this sort of movie... definitely go see it!

Last edited by Sojourner; 05-04-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:58 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Okay I consider myself a geek but I didn't really follow the x-men comic But some of the plot line didn't mesh with what I thought happened in the comics. (wont reveal specific for those planning to see it) The only thing that kills me is Jackmans hair, I can't beleive he would let them do that it is almost, no it is funny...
Old 05-04-2003, 03:18 PM   #37  
a brave new me...

Wink OH man...

Yes, the hair was outrageously horrible. Why, why, why couldn't they have made him look better??

I don't follow comics either, so I have no idea what is supposed to happen. Regardless, I thought it was good... better than Spiderman and Dare Devil and I thought those were pretty good too.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #38  
Searching

Talking Comics Vs. X2

The movie didn't follow any exact comic plot line but instead was the drawing together of at least 3 different stories(hence giving these characters different names!) which I thought on the whole made a better story. One of the problems X-men has in the comics is that the team is so large, something that the movies actually is handling better than expected. A little teaser in this movies seeing Peter and Hank. And I agree that X2 is better than the first. IMHO. It would have been nice if they could have kept some of the history between Lady Deathstryke and Logan.

As far as Wolverine's (Logan, Patch) hair I think its cool they have stuck with the way he looks in the comics. And they brought back some of the berserker which is totally awesome!

Miss Chris
Old 05-05-2003, 09:50 AM   #39  

I saw X-men 2 on Saturday-Loved it! I don't really follow the comics but I found that both one and 2 could stand on their own as action films even if you didn't read the comics.

I think if they had just puffed up Wolverine's hair he would have looked to much like a young Clint Eastwood

Hmmm...unfortunately if I was a mutant I think I would have been drawn to Magneto too - that's me, always drifting off to the Dark Side and having an inner struggle with morality...sigh...
Old 05-05-2003, 05:48 PM   #40  
Cute & Fluffy

If I was amutant I would go where ever Wolverine went. YUM! I love that man. Also, I like Scott. If Wolverine wasn't around, maybe I would follow him. Um, did anyone else pay more attention to Hugh Jackman's backside while he was on the phone in the background, then Bobby's parents while they were talking?

I really liked the movie. Not sure about the whole Rogue/Iceman thing. Just doesn't do anything for me.

I loved Nightcrawler. Awesome addition to the movie.

My dream additions - I want the Beast & Gambit to be in the next one. I could see have problems with a large blue fuzzy character, but the Cajun, they could add no problem.

I actually haven't read the comics, but I used to watch the cartoon a lot. At first, because I was babysitting a little boy who liked it, when it was on Saturday mornings, but then I just liked it.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:32 AM   #41  

I can't wait till Thursday, Matrix 2 is going to rock. Collosus(sp) will probably be in the next one. Rouge will never be truely iceman's...face it she isn't dumb you are always supposed to fall for the stoic bad guy who is older than you... Yes he was yummy I just couldn't get past the hair, it was killing me. Okay it sounds like everyone has seen it but, I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Ummm so do you think both of the chickies are dead? I can't believe they killed them both off. So tell me huh?
Old 05-06-2003, 09:30 AM   #42  

Yes, Wolverine is yummy His hair doesn't bother me - he looks like a guy I used to date in the 80's before I met DH.

The Matrix comes out on the 15th-DH and I's 10th wedding anniversary. When we told people that we were going to see it on our anniversary they thought we were weird but then again we went to see The Crow for our 1st wedding anniversary and thought that was a terribly tragic romantic movie so I guess we are weird
Old 05-06-2003, 09:39 AM   #43  
Cute & Fluffy

Ok this is very un-alternachicky of me - but I didn't really like the first Matrix, and have no desire to see the second one. It was visually a cool movie, and Samuel L Jackson is always cool, but it realy didn't do anything for me...
Old 05-06-2003, 11:44 AM   #44  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

What???? ACK!!!!!!

I loved the Matrix! My screenwriting class decided to go as a group on opening night. Woo hoo!
Old 05-06-2003, 12:04 PM   #45  

Everyone has the right to their own opinion... I can't say it was one of my favorites originally and it isn't one of my favorites now... I am a scary movie feind but the special effects were rockin and I am looking forward to what they have instore for us this time.

A
Closed Thread