Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default PCOS rant and chat

hey gals... i know there are a couple others of us out here.... didn't find a PCOS thread, so i made one. *beams, all proud*

sooo.. any takers?

Old 04-09-2003, 10:33 PM   #2  
a brave new me...

Angry Hi

I think there is a PCOS thread, but not in alternachicks. Yes, there are a few of us here who have been diagnosed with this lovely syndrome. I was tested for it after almost a year of infertility . Some of the lab tests came back with indicators of mild PCOS... even though my cycles are pretty regular. They put me on metformin and my appetite changed overnight. I haven't made too many changes to my diet, although I understand that cutting out carbs is supposed to help. I don't go for the low carb thing, although I do believe in cutting down on sugar and white flour products. Today I had a half of piece of chocolate cake and felt like st all day. So I'm thinking about trying to watch sugar and white flour and see what happens. Metformin has been a huge blessing for me, and I've finally been able to lose weight and stick with it for the first time in my life. As it turns out, our infertility has more to do with blocked tubes than PCOS, but it sucks to have mutliple factors.
Old 04-10-2003, 11:03 AM   #3  

the Met is working good for you? the only thing i've noticed so far is that i've cycled twice on my own since i've been back on it... good, but such slow results. *sighs*

Old 04-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #4  
a brave new me...

Angry Well

My cycles have always been regular... the PCOS seems to be pretty mild. I had a few indicators in my lab work and have some symptoms. The biggest thing the drugs have done are help to regulate my appetite , which has been a huge blessing. It seems that my blood sugar levels must now be under control, which in turn helps control my appetite.
Closed Thread