Any DIY ladies on here?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • What is your craft? Pieces you're most proud of? What are you currently working on?

I'm an amateur seamstress. I tend to "dabble more than I sew". Currently, I am working on a skirt for my nieces birthday.
  • i love diy ...i've been longing to start my blog but i keep postponing it. but i decided that when i get back home i will start blogging.
    i like sewing...especially turning old things into new and things that are too big to fit me as i lose weight because i can't throw them away. i'm a bit hoarder
    beside sewing i like creating stuff, drawing, taking pictures...i also make jewelry ...if i find something that looks boring i always look for a way to change it, alter, paint...so it becomes nice and interesting
  • I wish I could actually sew. I can throw together an acceptable bunting banner but that's about it lol.

The hubby and I diy renovations... of any kind. Starting from the design (we've been known to tear down walls, relocate kitchens etc) right down to the plumbing, tiling, electrical and painting. We throw in the occasion furniture revamp. Oh and hubby is a carpenter so we do a lot of combined diy pieces, atm we're slowly working on an upholstered bed.
  • I have a lot of stuff I want to do. I am good at tearing apart stuff that doesn't fit to make new stuff. I will post the small child's skirts when I finish those.
  • My great-grandfather started a carpentry company that's been in the family since and my father has taught me (and still is) everything he knows so I really enjoy building everything from sheds to decks and more. As it is, I think I am most proud of the sets I build for the school-I-teach-at's theatre program; I like giving the kids something awesome to showcase their skills on.
  • I love carpentry, but I am not good at it.
  • Hey! Im a big DIYer with my fiance. He is a carpenter ad he's always bringing old stuff home for us to re-purpose. I also love sewing when I have time... Im by no means knowledgeable.. but just putter around till I like it. On the verge of working on a vintage looking apron!

http://aspiringmountainmama.blogspot.com/

THere's a bit of everything on there.. and I just started it. Would love to see your skirts!
  • I knit! Nothing too complicated yet, but I made my friends scarves and hats for christmas that they both loved. And several dish rags that are very useful. If my dog would hold still long enough for mesaurments I might start working on a doggy sweater for him (my theory is he knows this which is why he runs when he sees the tape measure).

I'm trying to learn to crochet...I can make a really long chain. I used to know how to sew, but I haven't done it in years (like over a decade). I want to learn to do rennovation stuff, like I really want to be able to tear down a wall, or install a sink or something. It seems so cool to know that stuff.
  • I make jewelry. Nothing advanced, mostly DIY kits. I just brought a how to crochet kit and some yarn so I'm gonna try to learn how to crochet.
  • lilmsstrange i havn't knit FOREVER! All i could ever really do were the basic scarves. ALL my firends and family got scarves for christmas that year! hehe
  • I recently started making stuffed animals out of felt. They aren't the best, but my small people enjoy them.
  • I'd want to learn to sew! I've sewn a few things--curtains and other square objects like pillows, but nothing wearable.

I make chainmail armor and jewelry. I also homebrew bear and mead. I'd love to try making cheese, but haven't attempted it yet!
  • Love craftalafting. The problem is that everything is equally as awesome.

Probably sewing is my first love. But i also enjoy embroidery, cross-stitch, wreath-making, glass-etching, jewelry-making, knitting, crocheting...

Didn't say I was good at it, mind you-but I enjoy doing it. Haha.
  • oh Id love to learn to sew i want to make a quilt really badly

but for now i dabble in repurposing things painting and jewlery making nothing advanced though
  • I've knitted and done cross stitch, embroidery, and needle point for years.....to the point where I wanted to find something new. Just started doing kumihimo braiding. Which has resulted in wanting to also learn micro-macrame. Which has resulted in wanting to learn how to make jewelry. Right now I have a lot of books and not too many projects!