Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #16  

My new obsession is refinishing furniture. I haven't started it yet, but I'm bound and determined to learn.
tnc0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8"

I'm good enough at sewing to make clothes if I wanted to, but for some reason it stresses me out SO BAD! So I rarely do it except for the occasional costume making. My crafts of choice are cross-stitch, crochet, screen printing, and needle-felting, though I dabble in pretty much everything. Right now most of my crafty time is taken up by working on needle-felted catnip toys, which I sell.
castiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #18  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I can sew a little. I am not very good at it though. I have made a few Halloween costumes (because I could never buy anything that fit!) Even made a couple purses over the years. Made a few curtains, I plan to make a few more. I plan on stripping and refinishing some MCM end tables that I inherited from my grandmother! Very excited for those. My boyfriend is getting into building his own speaker boxes (fancy ones) and I am hoping to convince him to build me a few things that DON'T make noise I hope to get into it more as I get more energy (and the weather gets warm)
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 344/324/180

Height: 5'11"

I'm a knitter/crocheter! Actually, since I lost my job, selling handmade stuff has become my main income!
JessicaSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #20  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

My husband and I are doing superhero costumes!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

This would be me! I sew a TON for the house and kiddos, I'm excited to sew for myself once I have a body that inspires me to do so!
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I knit, craft, scrapbook, make cards and wreaths. I have made tons of scarves, shawls/wraps and a case for my kindle fire. I think I enjoy making wreaths more than anything. I already have at least one for each month, season, holiday...so many that storage is becoming an issue. I have a little bit of a Pinterest problem, too.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I've been trying to get into DIY. I am not great at sewing but I've made a few tops based on altering old tops/dresses that I already owned. I am working on re-doing furniture pieces and/or re-purposing old items. I am working on making a set of shelves by removing drawers from an old piece of furniture, making some adjustments and then mounting them to the wall.

I've also been using interesting glasses/jars etc. To create storage units. I want to make a large tiered spool-type shelf on a lazy susan, and then load it with jars/glasses that are filled with my jewelry, makeup, hair products, safety pins, etc. to put on my dresser.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #24  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

I'm building a second bathroom from scratch.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
I'm building a second bathroom from scratch.
I'm demolishing a second bathroom from scratch

I redid my half bath last year (well, I finished it last year it took me 14 months!) I had paint leftover, so I decided about a month ago to redo the main bath in a similar way. I'm having trouble getting all the old stickiness (from the removed vinyl tiles) off the sub floor, but the new paint looks nice.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #26  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Do you need to get all the stickiness off? I assume the new tile will go straight over and the thinset mortar gives you some leeway as long as there are not big bumps.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

the new tiles are also sticky tiles - really nice though, they look like slate. I used them in the half bath and they look great. I'm not sure I have to get all the sticky off, its just difficult to get any particles that are stuck (like drywall dust etc) to the subfloor off, and I'm not sure how much leeway I will have, that's my concern. I didn't have that problem in the half bath because there was glued down carpet (!??) over the luan subfloor, which was fairly easy to scrape/sand off to a nice smooth clean surface. I'm probably over thinking it.
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 170/168.6/140

I like to knit! I've done a lot of scarves and one really ugly hat (protip: if you are gonna try and make a mohawk hat, maybe don't choose red yarn for the mohawk, because there is an 85% chance it will make you look like a giant rooster)

I'm thinking about getting into cross-stitching. My mom was really good at it, and I really like the way it looks. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good website or resource for beginners?
lollerskates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

I used to do it all, but there's not much room for big projects where I live currently. I like to make jewelry too, especially earrings. That, and cosplay stuff of course. I need to get better at sewing practice practice practice
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'1"

I embroider. Taught myself after seeing Sublime Stitchings patterns. LOVE her style!

Hubby is a master carpenter and together we have completely re-done our house. Well, mostly him. I follow directions very well. Hold things, hand things and carry them are my specialty. I also cook for anyone that is here helping us out. I think we may be done now. Thankfully. It's been a long 10 years working on this house.

I try to make jewelry with my daughters and all sorts of other crafts. Hoping they'll find their niche. Photography is a passion of all of ours.
EllieFunt is offline   Reply With Quote