3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   What was the last show/concert you went to? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/259916-what-last-show-concert-you-went.html)

Verm0nster 07-19-2012 11:10 AM

The Bouncing Souls. So good.

Hotaruchan 07-29-2012 01:30 AM

Ugh, I haven't been to a show since May 2011 D: One of my local radio stations had a "Big Gig" show with Seether, Pop Evil, Red, and Hinder with Three Doors Down headlining...but the part I was most excited for was APOCALYPTICA <3 I've seen them live twice now, and they're frickin' AMAZING. Not that I don't enjoy the other bands too, but Apocalyptica is the best.

pink61091 07-29-2012 01:37 AM

My last concert was three days grace/breaking benjamin/ flyleaf. No being big didn't affect me at all. Everyone is so focused on the band they could care less about the people around them. Before that I saw teddy gieger and I was right up against the guard rail prob sweaty and disgusting but idcc I was there to enjoy myself and not worry about other people.

alaskanlaughter 07-29-2012 01:39 AM

the one and only concert that i've ever been to was to see Toby Keith (my fav!) at his concert in anchorage, alaska, about 8 years ago....it was amazing!! :)

tnc0712 07-29-2012 12:24 PM

Erm, Shinedown, Evanescence and Art of Dying. I was 5 feet from the stage. Best part of that show was Art of Dying. Those guys have so much energy on stage!

Jocee 08-07-2012 07:05 AM

Anyone going to Outside Lands in Golden Gate Park this weekend? Great lineup..... Can't wait to see Foo Fighters and Jack White.....

Thousandsunny 08-07-2012 07:04 PM

Dave Matthews for the umpteenth time; amazing as always!

katiekish 08-08-2012 12:37 AM

I went to see Boston in London... it was hilarious and awesome.

Dolores Claibourne 08-11-2012 06:22 AM

Tom Waits.

Puffyamiyumifan 08-11-2012 03:40 PM

Wilco at red rocks in Colorado... It was amazing and inspiring to be hiking around in such beauty!

mnemosyne 08-15-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Wilco at red rocks in Colorado... It was amazing and inspiring to be hiking around in such beauty!
This is one I would have loved to see. So jealous!

also:

Quote:

Jack White
Was he amazing?

I live in a small town and don't get to concerts much, these days. Some great bands come to Columbus, but usually on weekdays. I missed Wilco in Columbus because I had a prior engagement.

Am thinking about seeing the Raveonettes in Columbus in September, and considering labor-day weekend trip to see Okkervil River, my favorite contemporary band.

Puffyamiyumifan 08-15-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnemosyne (Post 4438286)
This is one I would have loved to see. So jealous!

also:

Was he amazing?

I live in a small town and don't get to concerts much, these days. Some great bands come to Columbus, but usually on weekdays. I missed Wilco in Columbus because I had a prior engagement.

Am thinking about seeing the Raveonettes in Columbus in September, and considering labor-day weekend trip to see Okkervil River, my favorite contemporary band.

Are you in Columbus mo? Cause wilco will be there next month! I think on the 17 th. we were considering going.

Puffyamiyumifan 08-15-2012 12:44 PM

Aw crud, that's Columbia, Mo! Sorry!

Wilco at red rocks was fantastic. I have seen them twice there. Really any show there is fantastic though :) Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!

mnemosyne 08-15-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Wilco at red rocks was fantastic. I have seen them twice there. Really any show there is fantastic though Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!
I live in West Virginia! Columbus, Ohio and Cincinnati, Ohio are the closest big cities - so sometimes I might sneak out for something interesting, but mostly they are almost totally off my radar.

There is a public radio show recorded about an hour from here called Mountain Stage, though. I do go there regularly now. Have been able to see Fountains of Wayne, Trombone Shorty, Anais Mitchell, Ben Lee, Josh Ritter and even Ani DiFranco on Mountain Stage. Alas, they are traveling all fall, so I won't even have Mountain Stage to keep me distracted. And:

Quote:

Okerville river opened for them when I saw wilco at red rocks in 2009, amazing! And for the encor they came on stage and sang California stars with wilco... So cool!
That sounds amazing. Every review I've read says that Wilco are great on stage. Columbia, Missouri is a ten+ hour drive from here. But I am tempted!

xirene 08-17-2012 11:26 PM

I haven't been to a concert in ages. It's been at least 13-14 years or more; I think the last one was Tom Petty back in the Meadowlands in 1998 or so.

But I'll be going to one in December! A friend just got tickets for four of us to see the Monkees in New York. I saw them back in the early-mid 90s' (and was a fan as a kid, now I'm showing my ages!). Will miss Davy, but it will still be great fun.