Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #31  

Wow, everyone is doing great! Congrats to all...

Went for run this morning, 34 minutes, just over 3 miles. Beautiful weather too. I only like running outside not on a treadmill so it was great. Only I am so tired in the evening that I am not very good company, slumped on the couch with eyes half closed saying "erhhh...yeah, whatever..." in reply to everything...

Lidian
Old 03-26-2003, 08:33 PM   #32  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I walked for 45 minutes. I put glasses on so sand wouldn't get in my eyes. I wore my walkman and my ears were warm and I wore a sweatshirt and pants to prefent sand burn. It was gorgous out even if it was dusty. I also did the indoor bike for 5 minutes before I hear...I am STARVING!
Old 03-27-2003, 07:04 AM   #33  
Student of the Hoof

Basic Pilates week two day three and 2 Mile WATP with 3 pound weights.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:02 AM   #34  

Another run, 33 minutes & 3 miles I think. I used to log in a Runner's World logbook which made me nervous, since the sample page was filled out by a maniacal runner who was blithely doing 10 miles a day interspersed with Iron Man bike rides etc etc and well, I am just logging it in my food diary now. Whatever works, I guess! But I do know how long my routes are and how fast I run.

Lidian
Old 03-27-2003, 11:43 AM   #35  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

The usual walks to work this week:

25 minutes each way
1/2 hour walks at lunch time
Old 03-27-2003, 01:47 PM   #36  
Searching

Walked to the gym and did my 20 min high intensity aerobic interval. I hit my 10's, but only cause I really planned. I planned how fast I would go and what my 10 speed would be, and it worked I burned more calories and went further. Planning is everything!

Miss Chris
Old 03-27-2003, 06:42 PM   #37  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Pilates all done. I hate laying on my belly. My boobs get in the way!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:52 AM   #38  
Searching

March 28th

Lower body workout, nothing exciting now hitting 180 lbs. on the leg press.

Miss Chris
Old 03-28-2003, 06:41 AM   #39  
Student of the Hoof

F'ing pilates. I hate this stuff. I really do. It's frustrating and annoying and boring. As I said in my journal, it might be the person doing the instructing. I'm doing the Winsor Pilates and I feel like slapping the Maybe it's time to try the Pilates for Dummies and see if that's any better. Part of the thing that annoys the bloody cr@p out of me about this one is that everyone in the place is PERFECT. There isn't ONE person in her videos that is in the least bit out of shape. I think those people have like 2% body fat combined! *throws things at the TV* Not only that, but I decided to try the "advanced" DVD because I was sick to death of the basic routine. Big mistake. Supposedly they say the advanced is for beginners and above. HA!!! Liars!! *throws more things at the TV* Am I ranting? I guess I am. *grumble* Ok, I will buy the Pilates for Dummies, I will keep doing the stupid basic routine till I get it. If I am as frustrated with the Dummies one, I'm burning both of them. And then jumping up and down on the ashes. And then putting them down the food disposal unit. Great, now I need to do something to work off this frustration. *screech*

OH oh oh and another thing about the Winsor Pilates. They have this one chick doing the "modified" position, and they hardly ever show her!!! It's like you have to wait halfway through the moves to have them do a quick "oh, and this is Dagne, and she's doing this..." then they quick flash over to the rest of the "perfect" group. I hate them alllllllllll.... Ok, no I don't. I'm just jealous and frustrated and FAT!!! I *will* stop ranting now and go run. Really. Honest. Watch me go. *nod nod*

Last edited by RavenToy; 03-28-2003 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:35 AM   #40  

Height: 5'-2"

Went to the Y this morning.
Burned 530 calories.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #41  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Raven- hey if you end up burning them and jumping up and down on the ashes that will probably burn some calories

Hee Hee! Just had a mental picture of you doing that!

Went to the gym tonight and swam for 1/2 hour

Also did the usual walk to and from work.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:02 AM   #42  
Searching

Raven-Pilates for Dummies is very 1 on 1 and its alot of talking too. I like it but mostly for the pace and emphasis on follow through. That has really helped with Yoga and weightlifting. Slow down Chris get the quality of the movement, not just the quanity. Also the lady whol does the Dummies tape is the same from Leg and Abs of Steel so its kind of like seeing an old friend to me, plus Tracy York produces and she is one of my all time favorite fitness instructors.

Either way today is my day off, so you ladies enjoy your excercise!

Miss Chris
Old 03-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #43  
Student of the Hoof

Took doggies for walk, will probably do pilates later, not sure what else. Plan on picking up the freeweight starter set today *flex* so might do some research on some good routines to start with.
Closed Thread