Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/135/135

Height: 5'6

I got my navel pierced 17 years ago when I was 19 and I still have it I was fairly thin when I got it but it took forever to heal. This was before ultra low rise jeans too, so pants were always rubbing up against it. I took it out when I was pregnant, then put it back in when I was done having kids like 4 years later (which meant pretty much repiercing it- I did it myself because I would have been embarrassed to go get it done at that point). It healed, even though I was very overweight when I put it back in.
RaisingThemLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/195.8/170ish

Height: 5'9

I got my belly pierced at 18 and at a much smaller size then I am now. After gaining weight I took it out. When I reach my goal I'll get it repierced Except this time I'll go with the top of my belly button. The bottom was seriously the most painful piercing I had.
whitb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #18  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I got my ears pierced in my late teens. Three times on the left and twice on the right. I removed the earrings for good when I was 21.

A few days ago, 17 years on, I tried to put an earring in and all of the holes except one are still open! Yikes!

I almost started wearing an earring again until I made the important observation that earrings for men have not been in fashion since the 90s. Lucky me.

Last edited by IanG; 03-23-2013 at 05:23 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaB View Post
Navel piercings are unfortunately one of the piercings that don't always work well for people who are a bit heavier. It has more to do with the shape of the navel as you gain weight, the ledge where the piercing goes tends to round out a bit and doesn't support the piercing as well. Of course, if you have rubbing from extra weight, that doesn't help at all either.

Of course, I'm not saying this is the culprit, it could have been incorrectly placed, or you could have a nickle allergy (most places use stainless steel which is good for most people, but contains a small amount of nickle. If you are sensitive to it, then titanium is the best thing to use, as gold actually contains a bit of nickle as well).

I used to be a piercer, back before I decided I couldn't make a comfortable living off of it, and it was always a bit of an uncomfortable subject, trying to explain to some girls why I wouldn't pierce their navel. But as I said, it was always about the shape of the navel, just heavier girls are more likely to have a shape that doesn't support a piercing well. Some skinny girls are ill suited to the piercing as well though, so it really is just anatomy dependent.
i didn't know surgical steel had nickel in it, no wonder my lips got infected and swelled to the size of a sausage!!

i have had allergic reaction to EVERYTHING i have tried so far, to the point where i don't have any piercings anymore. i was thinking, for my birthday, i'll be getting $100 cash from my grandpa... thought of using it to buy some titanium rings and try getting piercings again. i'm gonna start with my ears this time though, as the lip infection was ****... it actually got SO infected that i couldn't take the rings out normally, i had to basically COAT my lip in oragel to try and numb it, because even TOUCHING the ring caused intense pain.

i want the following piercings (hopefully... eventually...), which ones are more likely to reject?
both ears all the way around with an industrial in one and conch in the other, septum, smiley, 2 rings on one eyebrow, dimples, double snakebites, spiderbites, back of neck, navel, and dermals in my hips, collar, wrists, and ankles.

i also have thought about getting horn implants, but i scar very easily so i changed my mind about that one, and i'd love corset piercings down my back but i know those are temporary so i'm not getting it done.

i also like split tongues but i'm afraid of even getting my tongue pierced. idk why, i just have this overwhelming fear of "they will do it wrong and i will have a lisp for the rest of my life". idk why because i've gotten piercings before and half my friends have tongue rings, but the tongue and girlyparts are basically the only places i don't want done xP i would love to be a metal face, right now all i have is a couple crappy homemade tattoos and one professional one.
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 218/195.8/170ish

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa Autopsy View Post
i didn't know surgical steel had nickel in it, no wonder my lips got infected and swelled to the size of a sausage!!

i have had allergic reaction to EVERYTHING i have tried so far, to the point where i don't have any piercings anymore. i was thinking, for my birthday, i'll be getting $100 cash from my grandpa... thought of using it to buy some titanium rings and try getting piercings again. i'm gonna start with my ears this time though, as the lip infection was ****... it actually got SO infected that i couldn't take the rings out normally, i had to basically COAT my lip in oragel to try and numb it, because even TOUCHING the ring caused intense pain.

i want the following piercings (hopefully... eventually...), which ones are more likely to reject?
both ears all the way around with an industrial in one and conch in the other, septum, smiley, 2 rings on one eyebrow, dimples, double snakebites, spiderbites, back of neck, navel, and dermals in my hips, collar, wrists, and ankles.

i also have thought about getting horn implants, but i scar very easily so i changed my mind about that one, and i'd love corset piercings down my back but i know those are temporary so i'm not getting it done.

i also like split tongues but i'm afraid of even getting my tongue pierced. idk why, i just have this overwhelming fear of "they will do it wrong and i will have a lisp for the rest of my life". idk why because i've gotten piercings before and half my friends have tongue rings, but the tongue and girlyparts are basically the only places i don't want done xP i would love to be a metal face, right now all i have is a couple crappy homemade tattoos and one professional one.
I've heard surface and dermal piercings reject real easy. I want some so bad but no matter how many times I get pierced or tattooed I am such a baby! lol I also am seriously in love with corset piercings! I think my next will be my web...If I ever build up the courage lol
whitb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

After my excess skin got removed, the belly button died - so I got it pierced 2.5 weeks ago (it's my only piercing other then the standard ear ones). It's considered a "surface piercing" because there is no "lip" and apparently there is a large chance of rejection.

Any opinions on how this looks 2.5 weeks in?

CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPie99 View Post
After my excess skin got removed, the belly button died - so I got it pierced 2.5 weeks ago (it's my only piercing other then the standard ear ones). It's considered a "surface piercing" because there is no "lip" and apparently there is a large chance of rejection.

Any opinions on how this looks 2.5 weeks in?
If at some point you notice less and less skin between the balls, like your skin is pulling away from the jewelry, then it's rejecting.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/194/140

Height: 5'2"

I was told by a professional that only surface piercings can reject. Such as dermals, eyebrows, navel. I've have 8 right now. I used to have 10. The other two were my tongue and navel. I shut my navel ring in a drawer and it tore a little so I took it right out and now I have a scar there. I'm getting the bottom part done after I lose my weight. If you ever notice a piercing starting to reject take it out immediately unless you want it to push right up through your skin. I've heard it's pretty painful. Also there is the chance that the piercing can migrate before it actually rejects. This is all advice from a from a friend of mine looking to go into the field. His advice always helped me.
sherry1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:06 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

Confession: I would like to get my septum pierced but I'm afraid to invite the comparison to a cow or pig. Just me?
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsy View Post
Confession: I would like to get my septum pierced but I'm afraid to invite the comparison to a cow or pig. Just me?
my boyfriend calls it the bullring piercing xP idc, i think it's hot, and i'm gonna get it done one day eventually
Alyssa Autopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #26  
Pokemaster Sydney

S/C/G: 172/172/125

Height: 5'7"

I'm getting snakebite rings and a bridge piercing. I'm worried that because I'm a bigger girl it will cause people to sterotype me even further than they already do. :/
MistressMikuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 AM   #27  
under construction

Height: 5'6

mistressmikuru labels be damned if you like it ... do it !!!

i miss my labret peircing like no other i took it out because of some tooth and gum issues but boy do i ever miss my little bit of sparkle , i feel like ... not me
modifyeddoll87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:49 AM   #28  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I have an painful infection in my navel right now that I'm having a hard time getting rid of. No piercing, just the infection, but when I looked up online how to treat the infection I found a lot of piercing info. Apparently navel infections (piercing or no) are more common in larger folks, but aren't uncommon in thin folks, either. They're also apparently notoriously difficult to treat at times, lickily I'm seeing my doctor on Thursday.

I am considering piercings or tattoos to celebrate weight loss, but I have a naturally pierced septum. I could wear a bullring in my nose if I wanted, as autoimmune disease ate a quarter-sized hole in my septum. I had surgery to close the hole, but the surgery was only partially successful (now I have a dime-sized hole). I've thought about wearing a ring, but the hole is a little deeper in than your average septum piercing. I think it would be king of funny to go in to the piercing shops to see what they had to fit my "natural" piercing.

The only thing stopping me is knowing how much trouble I have as it is keeping the area clean and clear of well, you know, crusty accumulations. When I had a sepal button (essentially, a piercing that doesn't show, it's a "snap" that closes the hole) it was even worse.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196/146/135

Height: 5'5

I went ahead and got that septum piercing and it looks freaking fantastic.
Clumsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 168/168/120

Height: 5 ft 4

I want my navel pierced when I reach my goal weight! That my major reward.
SarahLouise92 is offline   Reply With Quote