Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Never give up!

My DH said something to me this morning that I thought was very good. He said, "You know, we keep trying to lose weight, we keep trying to get back into shape. We keep trying to be good parents, to be good lovers, to be good friends. We keep trying to be good earth partners and good people. And I guess that's what it's really all about. No, we're not perfect, and we're not as good as we'd like to be. But we don't give up... we keep trying."

And could I ask (once again) for prayers/good vibes/whatever for my sweet DD? She's down again, and I'm really worried about her. I've called her psychologist to start setting up appointments again. I'd hoped like anything we were done with that.
We had an interview with her teachers yesterday, and they'd all noticed that she's very down and has a lot of mood swings. I'm pretty scared...
thank you, girls...
Old 03-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #2  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Ellis-prayers are definately coming your way. How old is she? Does she have best friends? Can you plan a girls sleep over for her. No one is too old or too young to benifit from that! You guys want to come over and spend the night? Slumber party! I hope the doc can find out what is bothering her!

Your hubby is right. The best thing we can ever do is to keep trying! That is what makes us beautiful people! ~flower
Old 03-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #3  
Student of the Hoof

Hey Ellis .. how old is your daughter? I have a 13 year old who has, for the last two years, scared the wee out of me more than once with her mood swings. She's a great kid, intelligent and artistic and incredibly incisive in her thinking. She is sarcastic and has a biting sense of humor. And she has a terribly low tolerance for people. She's "seen things" - I had to get her out of school one time because she was seeing a "man" following her with a knife. I took her to a psychologist, and she just shut up. Wouldn't talk. These last couple months have been much better, but that comes after I started home schooling her. She still worries me - she just seems to totally shut down sometimes, and she seems so alone and so isolated. But then I remember how I was when I was her age, and as hard as it is for me to accept it, I was very very much like her.

I never knew what my poor mother went through. Please keep us posted, Ellis. I hope very much that your daughter feels comfortable talking to someone about what's in her head. That always seems to help.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:56 PM   #4  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sending you and your daughter good, healing thoughts, and lots of hugs.

Hanging in there Ellis!
squeak
Old 03-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Sweetie, I am so sorry that you are going through this again. You two are very loving and excellent parents. I hope Ms M can get an appointment soon and start bouncing back.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #6  

Thank you so much Flower and Raven. She's 13 now. She was 12 when she tried to commit suicide.
She has a lot of friends including a couple of very close ones who are at our house often. She's very intelligent, attractive, and good at everything she does. She's got everything going for her. Her grades have dropped dramatically this year and she's not motivated to do anything... And she's very introspective... difficult to communicate with. (just like I was at her age, damnit! ) I just don't know what to do. I know that seeing the psych again will be good for her. DD really likes her psychologist... maybe we stopped too soon with the appointments. But the psych thought she was doing so well, and didn't need any more sessions...
One good thing is that we're enjoying yoga together... something that sends a spark through my little girl.

Squeak, I just saw your post... thank you, too! You're all wonderful friends.
And Raven, I wish the best for you and your sweet daughter. It's such a difficult age. We had to go through three psychologists before we found one that DD would open up to. Hang in there, hon...

Oh Ruthie... you're there, too. You're making me cry... thank you sweetie...
Old 03-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Unhappy ((((Ellis))))

I'm so sorry you are having such a difficult and painful time. I am praying for you and your family and that your daughter will recover and find some peace. I was very depressed as a teenager too (geez... and as an adult) ... I can relate to those feelings of hopelessness and helplessness. She is very blessed to have a mother who loves her and cares for her and is actively involved in her life.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:19 PM   #8  
Student of the Hoof

Ellis - don't you wish there was some way to get inside our wonderful kids' minds and just show them how incredible life can be? I mean sure, it's full of pain and heartache, but it's also full of beauty and joy and the kind of love that makes you cry. If the psychologist helped the first time then run back to her ASAP and I'm sure things will come together again. I wish these kids understood what a blessing they were in so many ways. I wish they understood how totally beautiful they are. How completely precious they are. How many incredible things are in their futures. I just keep trying, too, Ellis.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:18 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-You know I am right there with you sweetie. Unfortunately this is ALSO part of the keep on keeping on. I wish it could get easier. I know that you KNOW how much pain your daughter is feeling, and seeing our kids feel it is worse than feeling it ourselves. We started DS back with his therapist recently too, and it is already helping a bit. I'm sure your DD will come around. Having her therapist to talk to will help, and so will the increased sunshine as spring comes. Love you!!!
Old 03-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Oh ellis...ask and you shall receive! I will keep your dd in my prayers, and you too. Take care, sweetie.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:33 PM   #11  

Sojo, Den, Kat, and Raven again... you are such darlings. Your prayers and support mean the world to me.
Sojo, I know you've been there too, and that you know what she's going through.
And Den, ... it's like banging our heads against the wall, isn't it. I'm glad your sweet little DS is "perking up a bit" again.

Thank you again all my dear, dear friends...
love Ellis
Old 03-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #12  
wsw

ellis, i am keeping your daughter and you in my thoughts and prayers. i hope things will become incrasingly less difficult for your daughter and that seeing her therapist again will be very helpful for her. i am sending good thoughts your way. take good care of yourself.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:01 PM   #13  

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts, wsw. I'm very grateful to you. Having all this support is making me feel a little better. Fragile, but better.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:01 PM   #14  

Oh Ellis, I am sending you and your sweet DD lots of hugs and good thoughts...I know how hard it is, my eldest DD is 9 1/2 and when she is hurting it is worse than when I am...cuz you feel so helpless and you want to take their pain and carry it for them. It is so d*** tough to be a girl now, more than when we were that age...Please take good care of yourself and please come talk to us any time we are all here for you - love, Lidian
Old 03-23-2003, 04:21 AM   #15  
Searching

Ellis,

Sending some good vibes your way. I think its the complexity that makes us women add hormones that makes us that much more likely to have to deal with this stuff. As a difficult daughter and a medicated adult my heart goes out to you lady.

Miss Chris
Closed Thread