Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 11:19 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Talking Weekend chat 22-23

Howdy ho. I got a new pair of white capris from my mom for my birthday. They are 22's. But they were from Ross and on clearance for 6.99. Not sure how true to size they run. They fit great in the waist, yet baggy everywhere else. They have a drawstring waist so hopefully even after I loose, I can still wear. Should get me thru summer anyways. Feels wierd in white pants. yes, I am wearing them. But it is officialy spring so I can!

As for my birthday so far...well Chris did most of his shopping last night at Walmart. Really pisses me off, but hey he is a man. Why do they wait FOREVER to shop. If they really loved us, wouldn't you think they would put some effort into it. Oh, forgot, he is male. Not gonna happen, so get over it. He got me a yoga ball and mat. 3 garden lanterns, bath salts. He paid for the gifts from the kids too. Cameron got me a jog cd played, gaurenteed not to skip. I think they were tired of lending me theirs for walks. Ri got me the movie, My big fat Greek Wedding. Now I don't have to borrrow grandmas anymore. Grif got me my bath fizzes. My sis got me an Asian tea pot/tea caddy, salt and pepper shaker set and a Chinese stamp and ink set with the symbol of good luck on it. Mom also got me a lantern and the $. My BESTEST gift is from my step mom. But since I don't know about it, I will have to officially wait til she gives it to me to tell you about it. I saw it on accident as we were moving out of the house. I was looking for the ice chest and found the hiding spot for gifts. It is sooooo coool.

What is everyone doing today. I need to get down stairs an eat something. I am going to invest in a new scale. Mine changes about 10 pounds depending on where my heels are on it. I either lost 5 or gained 5... Not encouraging!!! Happy day everyone! ~flower
Old 03-22-2003, 12:33 PM   #2  
a brave new me...

Angry Spring

Well, the weather is warming up again... hopefully this will last longer than a few days. Spring fever is in full force in this house! Today I am planning on going for a long walk and then rummaging around in the garden to assess conditions and dream of spring. I saw signs of my crocuses poking through the soil today!

Glad you are having a good birthday flower.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

It's grimly overcast here, but what the heck... it's 4 degrees celcius which is JUST FINE! And it's supposed to go up to 10 tomorrow!
DH is out with DS grocery shopping. DD and I are cleaning. Well, I THINK she's cleaning! I guess I'd better get off my butt and chip in!
Gee Flower... talk about being inundated with gifts! woof! Glad you're having a good day, hon!
Sojo, isn't this weather divine? Sort of gives the old meds a bit of a boost I think.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

It's absolutely beeeeeeeeautiful here today - sun shining, pushing 70 degrees, light breeze... mmmmm. Woke up early to the birds chirping (I kid you not!) - did some laundry, made a nice vegetarian breakfast and went to the gym for some weight-lifting. I think I'm going to go outside and finally start weeding those 70,000 weeds from my flower garden, hehe. Sorry to rub it in, Ellis.

Ellis, I actually just read an article in Prevention magazine about the vitamin D we produce from being in the sunlight boosting not only our moods, but also our immune systems - so everyone, get outside and enjoy it!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

Well, my dad and step mom came by...I am spoiled! I got 2 lawn spikes. One is a double spike topped with copper dragonflies, the other is a pastel mobile of dragonflies. I got a painting of a fairy on a crescent moon, a teapot with a tea bag coaster, teas. tea mug and 2 cup coasters, a birthday fairy figurine. And the best thing... a lawn statue to go on top of one of my cut down tree trunks. It is carved stone. It is the four seasons. E is Spring, S is summer, W is fall and N is old man winter. The other seasons are women. It is gorgous!!!!! It weighs about 75 pounds and it about 2.5 feet tall and a foot in diameter. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Aren't I the brat today? I have another couple hours til dad is ready to watch the boys. I have been playing in my yard. I saw a lady bug yesterday. It is officially warmer! Mom says I shouldn't wear white pants til after memorial day. Is she old fashioned or what? Mind you she has a beer by 9 am. And I am breaking the rules. O my goodness! Do any of you get irratated when you children insisit on eatting your meal??? I had only 1/2 my salad the other day. Grif adores salad. But he already had dinner. Today he had more of my fruit and yogurt than I did! I want to just go and hide. But now, normal size people do not mind sharing. Must get over that! I finally found my favorite cd again. I had bought it in a set at Natural Wonders years ago. It came with a dream dictionary and a journal. Well, on Amazon, private sellers had them. It is called Dreams of Angels. It is so relaxing! I should have it by weeks end. My copy has so many skips in it that it is useless except for frisbee playing! I spent 10 on it, although I could have gotton it for 7. But I trust the bigger sellers more for things like cDS. I want real unopened ones. Books I will buy used no problem...

I used to never buy anything online, but this is so much easier than driving an hour and then searching only to get tired and annoyed cause I can't find it anyways... But I am becoming a pro at it. I have no searches today except for new walking shoes. That requires the mall. On a Saturday, oh fun. But shouldn't be too awful, no strollers! Yeah!!!! Chat again later on tonight... ~flower
Old 03-22-2003, 01:22 PM   #6  

Okay Flower... you are getting WAY too much stuff!!

Lunula, I'm on my way out the door...
Old 03-22-2003, 11:02 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

Okay had Tgi Fridays for lunch. Then went to Tower records. Bought 2 new cds from THE CHURCH. Didn't know the two existed. I thought I had all of them. Next came the mall. I got new Reebocks from Macys. Chris was a bit uncomfortable with how many chicks are there on Saturdays! I got a pilates and a yoga video from Suncoast. We shopped/walked for 1.5 hours. Next stop was Ross Dress for Less. Didn't find anything. We then went to Costco and walked around for 45 minutes. Did not buy a thing. We went to Bed bath Beyond and got a scale and walked all around Cost Plus. We drove home and dad offered us Pizza. I didn't feel like cooking so okay. Afterwards we went to Blockbuster. Now, I am answering emails and gonna watch a movie. That was my day. Are you tired? I am!
Old 03-23-2003, 06:57 AM   #8  

I can't believe it!! It's 13 degrees celcius out!! Yip yip yip! I'm going out onto the verandah with my coffee.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:19 AM   #9  

GOOD GRIEF!!! Those idiots at the weather office!! Online it said 13 degrees. As soon as I step out the door I can see my breath, but I think maybe I'm imagining it. Shivered out there for about 10 minutes before coming in and checking the site again. They've corrected it. It's only 2 degrees out there!!! Those nasty little %^$&@*@'s.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:58 AM   #10  
you can call me flower

BBBRRR! That is chilly. When it is 115 out come summer, you can bask in the fact that you aren't having heat stroke like us!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:41 AM   #11  
Must Shrink.

ah Ellis, I think it's warmer out there now. The sun is trying to come out... My porch says it's 6 c ...

Last night I went to an open ritual with my old coven in Hamilton, and took my 13 year old daughter!

Was really cool taking her along.

She hasn't said much, but then again, she is 13.

L
Old 03-23-2003, 11:44 AM   #12  
you can call me flower

She won't say a thing to you, but she will tell all her friends about it!
Old 03-23-2003, 04:26 PM   #13  

Flower, I get very crabby when anyone wants to share my food too! Usually I say they wouldn't like it (true enough, like Lean Cuisine) or I wait until they are asleep (my younger DD loves diet Fudgsicles and they are so expensive in Canada that I get very possessive of them)...

Sometimes if I have a lot of it it is OK - like I know younger DD loves bean soup so I make sure I have plenty to share.

BTW, you got so many cool b-day presents! Hurrah for you!

Lidian
Old 03-23-2003, 04:46 PM   #14  

Flower, if this year is anything like last we'll be having a heat wave, too. We go one extreme to another here in Ottawa. Sort of a fantasy world.

Lamorgan, I'll bet your daughter thought it was a pretty cool experience.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day!! Still is. We had our first (small) whiskey on the verandah today. Wrapped in blankets.
Closed Thread