Old 03-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default tattoos and weight loss help?

i was just wondering if anyone on here has lost a significant amount of weight and how ( if at all ) has it affected your tattoos?

have they shrunk?

become distorted?

changed in placement ?

do they look the same?

thank you in advance for your time to awnser these questions !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:23 PM   #2  
threenorns

i have a large pegasus on the "upper left chest area" and a dragon that starts above my waist and goes down onto my butt.

and yeah - the pegasus got long and skinny. no idea how the dragon changed shape but the guy who was working on it told me until i picked a size and ran with it, he wasn't doing any more work bec everything kept shifting around.

my niece said the fairy on the back of her shoulder looked minimized to the point she has no face while the tattoo on her thigh is all wrinkled.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

oh no !!!

now im scared ... i have a ton of tattoos ... im going to look like brusied up dirty fruit when im done ... lol
Old 03-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #4  
threenorns

LOL

if they're old, though, it should be easy enough to get them touched up so they look good again.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #5  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

One of the tattoos on my back got... smaller.. Its a song lyric, and.. well, it WAS like... 5inches by 8inches, I guess, and now its like 4x6, lol. Its still readable, and its back there, so I can't see it. I'm not gonna worry about it! LOL.

The others, I havent had any issues with... although, I was a moisturize-religiously-girl long before this weightloss journey, so I don't know if that has an impact.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/287/170

Height: 5''8"

I think that's why I'm scared of getting tattoos in certain places. I try to keep them in areas that don't change very much.
msrebridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #7  
threenorns

on me, that would be my forehead.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 AM   #8  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

LOLLLL

im bad .... i just got a new tattoo today..... a friend of mine did it for me ( hes an apprentice ) .... i will post a picture when its not all puffy and swollen looking .... my skin heals terribly it takes like a month for it to look the way its supposed to .... ( no i dont have diabetes my doctor is baffled by this slow recovery as well )

anyho ! its a zombie hello kitty !
Old 03-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 327/237/180

Height: 5'3

I have a tattoo above my ankle and it still looks good. However the tattoo I have at the top center of my back is thinner and details are not as clear. I plan to have it worked on when I reach my goal.

Lots of luck to every1,
~~~G
gypsy137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/287/170

Height: 5''8"

A zombie hello kitty? That sounds amazing. Anything hello kitty is good in my book!
msrebridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 248/T/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
LOLLLL

im bad .... i just got a new tattoo today..... a friend of mine did it for me ( hes an apprentice ) .... i will post a picture when its not all puffy and swollen looking .... my skin heals terribly it takes like a month for it to look the way its supposed to .... ( no i dont have diabetes my doctor is baffled by this slow recovery as well )

anyho ! its a zombie hello kitty !
Hey! I would love to see your tattoo!! I love hello kitty )
KrazieStarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #12  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

the cat on my lower back looks higher than it used to be lol
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've been considering getting a tattoo to celebrate my weight loss so far, and so hubby and I went to the tatoo shop with the best reputation in our area, and asked a bunch of questions.

The tattoo artist/owner really put my mind at ease. He said that some areas of the body, and some types of designs are more prone to distortion - and likewise others that are the least prone to distortion and most likely to shrink (or stretch) proportionally.

Because I wanted a geometric tribal or celtic knotwork design on my wrist or ankle, I'm not concerned.

Talk to an experienced tattoo artist and they'll be able to give you a much better idea than other's experiences - because someone with a geometric design on their wrist or ankle, is going to have a different experience than someone who has a portrait of a real person on a part of the body that is prone (or prone for that person) to inequitable skin stretching/shrinking.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I think it really depends on the area, I have the majority of mine on a half
Lower sleeve, all my fat tends to collect at the upper trunk and tummeh, and I have one tattoo on the back of my arm, but I think it'll do ok, we shall see as the weight comes off
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

Mine is on my ankle, so I'm not worried. But I will wait after I've lost weight to get another one on my upper back, just in case...
Melfuchsia is offline   Reply With Quote