Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 04:11 AM   #61  
Searching

LOL Sojo! I don't know Jiffy I think I would have been mad if I made the effort and it was closed.

Mauvais-I do Pilates for Dummies and I really enjoy it. It strengthens those core muscles and helps you keep them even tighter when you are doing other excercises.

Day:21 Upper Body WO on a Bowflex. It went pretty well but its an aerobic workout in itself adjusting the weights and excercises.
In the afternoon my mom and I got a 3000 step walk in.

Today is my day of rest! WOOHOO!
Miss Chris
Old 03-22-2003, 12:39 PM   #62  
a brave new me...

Angry Wow!

Ro... you have been really consistent with your exercising! Way to go girl! Have you been losing inches or pounds?
Old 03-22-2003, 01:34 PM   #63  
Student of the Hoof

Bah .. well, not really bah, but .. maybe hmph.

I did pilates and the 1 mile WATP. My son had a sore thigh, so I did the 1 mile so he could do it with me, rather than pushing him to do the 2 mile. I think maybe later today I'll either do the 1 mile again (oh hey but I *did* use 3 pound weights during the 1 mile!) or maybe taebo.

I took the dogs for a walk around the loop. The walk that used to take over a half hour is taking more like 20 minutes now. But the level of incline/decline still hurts my lower back by the time I get back, so I'm going to keep on doing it till it stops hurting. Heh. Then it will be time to try running it.

Last edited by RavenToy; 03-22-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #64  

Four mile walk, plus situps, pushups etc and lifting weights. I was going to go for a run but had an unexpected appointment and did the walk later instead. Run tomorrow probably.

Lidian
Old 03-23-2003, 08:35 AM   #65  
Old Cackler

sojo,, i DID take it as a sign, but don't worry chris, i didn't let it go to my head. friday would have been my 5th consecutive day at the gym. i haven't missed a cardio workout of some sort for more than 2 weeks, so i didn't feel even the tiniest twinge of guilt. and the gym is like 5 minutes from home, and on the way to work, so it wasn't a big deal.

so, yesterday, it was right back on the routine.

35 minutes of intervals on the bike. 10 minutes on the treadmill [i got bored with the bike], a 45 minute hike with the dog, and a full body weight workout [including 90 machine biceps curls, and 45 bicep curls with 10 pound free weights!!!!!].

and then, found out that the jacuzzi was broken!!!!!!! now THAT made me mad!!!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 02:33 PM   #66  
a brave new me...

Talking YAY!

Walked 3.5 miles yesterday... also measured out several walking routes: a 3 mile, a 6 mile, an 8 mile, an 11 mile, and a 1/2 marathon route! There is a marathon here in our area in early fall... I would really like to work towards completing the half marathon. I have also been seriously considering trying the Danskin Women's Triathlon this summer. Has anyone heard of it? It is a sprint triathlon and designed for beginners... meaning shorter distances. I think you swim 1/2 mile, bike 20k, and run 5k... or some variation of that. They hold them all over the US. Check it out at:

http://www.danskin.com/triathlon/

I've been wanting to do this for years... maybe this July is finally the time!?!
Old 03-23-2003, 02:48 PM   #67  

Three mile run this morning, 33 minutes (measured route from last fall)...

& some crunches etc later if I am not lying on a couch with a People magazine over my face!

Lidian
Old 03-23-2003, 03:35 PM   #68  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Sojo...Wow. I would love to be in shape to do that. 6/22 is the closest one (sacramento), and there is no way I would make 1 of those legs, let alone three. But it is a nice thought, I think you could do it though. You are much fitter than I. Keep trying, you might surprise yourself! Maybe next year, I could do one of those!
Old 03-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #69  

Height: 5'-2"

Sojo, that's a great goal! You can do that!
I can't swim. waaaaaaaaaaaaah!! I'd love to do a triathlon.

We've got to get ready to do a 60km bike thingy in May. DH and I did the 30km last year with our friend Jim, but we've all decided to do the 60 this year. And we've "signed up" our neighbours plus my sister and her partner to go with us. They're all in better shape than we are, so it's time to kick some butt and get moving.

I went to see my doctor again today. I'm getting a chest X-ray tomorrow. With my luck I'll have lung cancer or something. Anyhow, assuming everything is fine, I'm getting back to the Y on Tuesday!
Old 03-23-2003, 05:33 PM   #70  
Student of the Hoof

Triumph of mind over laziness. 3 mile interval training on the treadmill.
Closed Thread