Well hello all!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Zombie (I too love your name!) --

you are definitely burning up the gym time! But it may not show quickly in pounds; your body is changing and adjusting in multiple ways. In one post you mentioned your calorie intake, but it had FIVE digits, which can't be what you intended! What is your eating plan?

Hang in there! : )
  • Alight! Despite my recent absents I have not lost track of my diet. I went to Florida for forever for a friends birthday. We were there for two weeks and I stuck as closely to my diet as possible, aside from a small amount of cheating. What can I say? I am only human.

Anyway, we went to every freaking park in that state possible and it was AMAZING. I got at least 8 hours of walking in per day and I spent at least 2 hours in the gym after most of the days. I didn't keep a log cuz I didn't really have connection to the net but I kept track of what I was eating and I can honestly say there is NO possibly way I took in more calories then I was putting out the entire trip. Which, I am damn proud of.

I'm going to the gym today to work out and weigh in. See if I lost anything, though, I'll be genuinely shocked if I've gone up in weight.

I'm getting physically stronger by the day and I'm so exited about it. I can now to inverts, which for those of you that do not know, is when you brace yourself against a wall and flip upside down. You hold your weight in your arms and abs for 30 seconds apiece and I'm lifting up to 35 pounds which each arm, including bench press. Anyway, Logging out now. Gotta get ready to go soon.
  • Well done, zombie! It's an amazing feeling getting stronger when you work out so much. I've been on so many diets, even had a personal trainer a year ago and she focused on so much strength training. It made me feel like a warrior. Unfortunately I gained everything and MUCH MORE back. Partly because she told me she wouldn't work with me anymore. She was a college student younger than me and I suspect she just wanted more time with her new boyfriend. But she lied to her boss and said I was late and hard to work with, so I lost about $180 of the sessions owed to me by my university's gym. ANYWAY, lol. That's history, but well done on your progress! YOu already lost 10 pounds! You're close to the hundreds!
  • Quote: Zombie (I too love your name!) --

you are definitely burning up the gym time! But it may not show quickly in pounds; your body is changing and adjusting in multiple ways. In one post you mentioned your calorie intake, but it had FIVE digits, which can't be what you intended! What is your eating plan?

Hang in there! : )
    Lol no dear. That was what I meant. But you see, there is a little minus symbol next to it. It's a calculation of my calorie deficit for the month. Not how many I'm taking in daily. When it was posted I was at negative that amount. ^_^

Um, tell you the truth. I don't have a set eating regimen. I just take in what I know is good for me and pass of the rest. And I don't break 1500 calories per day. Which doesn't sound like a lot of food but for me... it really is hard to break 1000 calories per day. So the extra 500 is just pushing it. lol.

I eat high protein foods, lots of fruits and veggies, very little dairy (mainly cuz I don't like it), I avoid extra carbs, I avoid food with over 2% fat content and I avoid sugar at all costs. Other then that I don't have any huge restrictions. I know it sounds strict but really, it's not. Substitution is the best. For every bad thing you may want in a day there is something to substitute it with that is just as good and twice as healthy.

And thank you for the complement about my name dear. ^_^
  • Quote: Well done, zombie! It's an amazing feeling getting stronger when you work out so much. I've been on so many diets, even had a personal trainer a year ago and she focused on so much strength training. It made me feel like a warrior. Unfortunately I gained everything and MUCH MORE back. Partly because she told me she wouldn't work with me anymore. She was a college student younger than me and I suspect she just wanted more time with her new boyfriend. But she lied to her boss and said I was late and hard to work with, so I lost about $180 of the sessions owed to me by my university's gym. ANYWAY, lol. That's history, but well done on your progress! YOu already lost 10 pounds! You're close to the hundreds!
    Well thank you. ^_^

Oddly enough I can't stand the idea of personal trainers. I think it makes the entire process way to serious and it spooks people in to thinking that the process is way to hard. It we just make the choice to do it then it's easier to accept them "I HAVE TO DO THIS CUZ I HAVE TO"

Personal trainers make everything way to serious and it looses the whole feeling of fun. Physical activity can be fun. But when you have someone screaming at you to push then it's not fun anymore... it's just annoying.

BUT Thank you! I'm hoping that I dropped at least a few more pounds from the last time I weighed in. Get my spirits up again. I'm hoping to loose at least another 10-15 pound by April so I can drop under the 200 point mark. I am meeting a friend for the first time in Seattle. It would be great to be under that by then.
  • Quote: Well thank you. ^_^

Oddly enough I can't stand the idea of personal trainers. I think it makes the entire process way to serious and it spooks people in to thinking that the process is way to hard. It we just make the choice to do it then it's easier to accept them "I HAVE TO DO THIS CUZ I HAVE TO"

Personal trainers make everything way to serious and it looses the whole feeling of fun. Physical activity can be fun. But when you have someone screaming at you to push then it's not fun anymore... it's just annoying.

BUT Thank you! I'm hoping that I dropped at least a few more pounds from the last time I weighed in. Get my spirits up again. I'm hoping to loose at least another 10-15 pound by April so I can drop under the 200 point mark. I am meeting a friend for the first time in Seattle. It would be great to be under that by then.
    Yeah... actually I sort of wished she yelled at me. She put me on the treadmill for half an hour and just sat there and then did 20 minutes of quietly telling me to do all these resistance exercises. Not the best PT, but it was what was available to me for $25 an hour. What a waste of money though... haha

You have a great goal in mind, I'm sure you'll be able to do it in time to meet your friend! Great attitude! (love the dancing carrot)
  • Hello Zombie latte~

I think you and I are going to get along just swimmingly~ I was hoping there would be some other gamer chicks on the board (I'm a video game journalist so I'm OBSESSED with 'em) and here you are! :3

I wish you lived near me -- we could be dieting and headshotting all the time. Would be cool to have a weight loss buddy with the same interests.