Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 10:43 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking TA-DAs!

Hi everyone! I think I am in inspirational mode today and in the interest of self esteem, motivation and mental pats on the back I am starting this "Ta da!" thread.

I thought we could use it to post things we have accomplished, something that we did for ourselves or something that we have been meaning to do for a while and finally got around to doing.

It doesn't matter how big or how small the deed - if it made you feel good then post it!
Old 02-23-2003, 10:49 PM   #2  

Okay, it may sound silly but I am proud of the fact that I finally got rid of two dead plants that have been hanging around the house for 6 months!

I spent an hour cleaning out the soil and rotting plants and washing out the planters. Then I repotted one of my other (still living ) plants - Vern the Fern - in one of the newly available planters and gave him a trim off of dead leaves, a dose of vitamins and thorough watering.

It felt good to throw that stuff out and the act of repotting Vern was very relaxing and therapeutic - I would love to have my own garden someday

This weekend I also managed to rearrange my kitchen cupboards and throw out some of the &*(%$#@ tupperware containers that fell out onto the floor every time I opened the cupboard door! I am now free from tupperware angst!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 02-23-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:19 PM   #3  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I finished raking the wet leaves out of my back yard today. Next sunny day I do pruning!!!

I splurged on a new bird today. I was feeling guilty because Hendrix my cockatiel doesn't sing as much up north. He missed hearing the outside birds. We have double paned glass here, and you can't here them inside. So I bought him a friend. I love listening to them whistle!!! He is a white face (lack of the orange rosy cheeks) I am at a loss what to name him. I will think of something!!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #4  
Student of the Hoof

I rearranged the garage and finally got the treadmill set up, along with the stereo. It took all freaking weekend, but I got it done! *happy contented smile*

And then I even worked out this morning!!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:33 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yesterday I finally connected my new printer! Works better when you follow the PC instructions instead of the MAC ones!

This morning, in prep for Gail, I finally packed away all the tablecloths from Christmas that have been hanging over the upstairs rail. I also found a stack of embroidered (antique) linens, dresser scarves and such, which I packed away. Talk about vintage! Some of the stuff is gorgeous!

So....despite the snow....I've done some TA-DAs.

(Great thread, Mauvaisrouge!)
Old 02-24-2003, 12:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Well, I actually cleaned out my closets & drawers this weekend and took a huge load of stuff to the Salvation Army - can't WAIT until my next big trip when I get rid of all my fat clothes!

I also balanced my checkbook, paid all my bills & answered all my email - feels so good to have that out of the way!
Old 02-24-2003, 01:28 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

What a coincidence, Mauvais! Yesterday I cleaned out my tupperware drawer! I threw out a ton of stuff with no matching lids/bottoms.
And I paid a nasty 600 dollar heating bill that was kind of ummm, mounting up.

Flower... I don't want to hear about you raking leaves when we just got a dump of almost 2 feet of snow the other day!!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:03 PM   #8  

I just cleaned the kitchen floor, which was needing it! And I may just wash some sheets too.

When I finally get to the post office I will post it, as I have been putting that off for awhile.

Such excitement, huh? I may have to go lie down with a cold dishrag on my head to calm down!! Heh heh heh...

Lidian
Old 02-24-2003, 09:45 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I got the living room cleaned up over the weekend, and survived a party with a bunch of 13 year old boys!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #10  

That's amazing Den- don't think I would have survived that

I have managed to have our lunches ready and my clothes laid out for work at night before I go to bed for two days in a row!

This is a small miracle for me since I am not a morning person and am usually rushing around having a nervous breakdown every morning
Old 02-25-2003, 08:07 PM   #11  
you can call me flower

I went to Reno and got a cabinet for my bathroom. Now I can unpack that room. FINALLY!!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 08:06 AM   #12  

I have one week soberity..ya for me! It's been quite awhile since that has happened. I went to 3 A.A. meetings this week, cleaned my entire house and did a smudging. I also worked out on my treadmill 5 times,managed to stay in school, took my daughter to a museum, ate fairly well, paid all my bills, started seeing a new counselor for EMDR treatment,watched four girl fims, read two books, and started talking to you lovely ladies!
Goal for next week:
Go to bookstore and buy the book "Women who do too much"..and read..of course!
blessings,
blackbird
Old 02-26-2003, 08:28 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have Ellis's damned cold but I still did my Tuesday afternoon errands although bed and a nap looked good.

Blackbird, !!!! One week is great. Keeping busy will help.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:40 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

You girls are all just amazing. Friggin' amazing.
Blackbird, YOU WIN THIS WEEK'S DRAW FOR WOMAN OF THE WEEK!! Good for you!!

Ruth, so sorry you've got my cold, hon. Don't go outside. Stay in bed. With a book. And a whiskey. xoxo

Today I'm doing something totally bizarre. I'm cleaning. I've got a little basket of toxic cleansers (sometimes you just have to get out the big guns), and I'm giving some areas the once-over. What really annoys me is that no one will notice. They notice when it's dirty, though!

I feel that I deserve a treat...
Old 02-26-2003, 05:35 PM   #15  
you can call me flower

Black Bird! Way to Go!!!!

I finally went out and bought an address book for the computer. I wanted something to track all those freaking passwords/id names and web addresses. I had been using a spiral chunky notbook but who wants to go thru 200 pages til you find something??? Now I have them alphabetized and all neat. I am feeling so organized!!!!!
Closed Thread