Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Hey gals! I'm dead tired from a long shift today at Target - it was swamped because Massachusetts is having a sales tax free holiday - but I made it out alive. I'm looking forward to new True Blood tonight in about an hour, and other than that my awesome boyfriend has just rubbing my feet and shoulders to help me relax. The job takes a lot of out me, but I'm very lucky to have an expert masseuse boyfriend to ease the edge off

Lovely - I just think in the Summer almost everything goes bad faster! Have you been storing stuff in the fridge? If not, that could help. My bananas go from perfectly ripe to icky in like 3 days outside the fridge but last a good week + in the fridge at this time of year. Same thing with breads. If you're still having trouble keeping them around long enough to eat, then smaller and more frequent trips to the produce store is in order We've also been cleaning here (as usual) because we manage to get the place crazy cluttered on a weekly basis. The work never ends!! @_@

Philana - Yum yum yum, cooking for a group is always great. I'm not sure I'm with you on the vegetarian thing (I need meat!!), but if it's tofu free then I would definitely try a veggie dish. Also, have fun in France!! Je suis tres jalouse (translation - I am very jealous)!

And an update on the junk food situation chez moi - we did get rid of the steak, but friends weren't available to wipe out our stash of cakes as we hoped this weekend. After the first day or two of having them and eating little slices here or there, the boyfriend and I are both tired beyond belief of eating junk food! Hard to believe, right? I still want to at least give away the cakes so they don't spoil just sitting around, but I kind of think of us not eating all that stuff as a victory.

Also, I'm officially down 5 lbs (again!). It was great to get on the scale this morning and see 250.0 even I've had a pretty low appetite today (odd for me), but I think it's just because I'm a tad bit dehydrated from the long shift at work. It gets hot and we move around a lot on these crazy busy days. I've been sipping water since I got home though, so no worries!

Until next time ^^
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #17  
Made of Starstuff

Helllooooo Nurse =) And... ladies

Happy Monday and new week!

Michi - I think I already mentioned this but I live in Mass, you must be right on the border of RI to work at a Target in Taxachusetts. (Hah! See what I did there? So clever >_> Not really) There were all kinds of advertisements for the tax free weekend. Funny thing is that other than the produce store I -avoided- shopping, because I didn't want to deal with crowds. Not to mention I didn't really have any "big" purchases to make.

I do refrigerate just about everything. The veggies were fine, it was just the fruit this time. It's possible one thing went bad and then sped up the process of the surrounding fruits. Oh well. Got new stuff and so far so good. Such is life!

Congrats on being down 5 pounds!!!! And on not eating all the junk simply because it was in the house. Enormous victory

I've had a good morning muhself. Ate a nice veggie & scrambled egg breakfast. I'm looking forward to a little exercise in the afternoon, and some organizing.

I still have to plan out of my meals for the week, but other than that I'm just content with everything!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #18  

Hey all. Another long one at Target today. I had a teeny tiny slice of birthday cake during a break (the 15th of each month is cake day to celebrate that month's birthdays) and after one bite it was just kind of not worth eating to me, so I chucked the last 2 or 3 bites. Frosting was gross, the chocolate cake was flavorless, and it was just calories on a plate to me really. Instead I ate my half ham and smoked swiss sandwich with some mustard on it. For dinner I splurged because I had 1200 calories left (before even factoring in the workout from an 8 hour stint as cashier) and I spent 1000 on chocolate milk and mini pizza and breadsticks from the Pizza Hut kiosk in store. It was very satisfying and I was honestly almost full after just 1/2 the pizza and breadsticks! I threw away one breadstick but finished the last piece of pizza as it was teeny. I came home and had some ovaltine in skim milk and I'm about ready for bed, so all in all I definitely stuck to my 1800 calories and then burned a good amount on top of it. I also stepped on the scale this morning and was down to 249.8 - Woo!

I've been noticing these past few days that I'm getting fuller faster. It's a weird sensation - yesterday I was full after 1 Smart Ones Cheeseburger and half a tray of frozen low fat mac and cheese! I've also been craving chocolate milk like no one's business - today I had 2 servings, yesterday I had a bottle, and they days before I had a few glasses spread out. Odd, no?

Lovely - I actually live a few miles from the MA/RI border but I was born and raised in Western MA, and I spent last Summer in Salem, so I've sort of been all around the state ^^ As for the tax weekend, it wasn't as busy as we hoped but Sunday was definitely more intense than Saturday. The weather was kinda rainy Sunday so it's logical. Just a quick question for you (and anyone else that does this) - do you plan meals out by day, or do you plan 7 dinners/lunches/breakfasts within a certain point range and then eat them as you feel like it? I think for me it would be hard to make myself eat XYZ on Monday and then ABC on Tuesday, but I do sort of plan for certain meals through the week and eat them according to how I feel certain days.

Alrighty, it's past my bed time so I'm off to dream ^^

Stay classy, Alternachicks!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #19  

Hey girls, just checking in. Seems like a dead zone here!

I have a relatively short shift today at Target and then nothing planned for the rest of the day. I seem to have stalled a bit on the weight loss and I kind of want to incorporate working out into my plan but my job takes a lot out of me to the point where I come home and just lay around and moan from being sore >_< so I guess I am getting exercise but not quite on my terms :/

I miss all the chatter we used to have, come back soon chickies!!
Old 08-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #20  
Made of Starstuff

I meant to check in here a few days ago. Been crazy busy, but I did want to pop on.

My brother and the finacee are currently visiting. We've had, so far, four fairly busy days.

I've been quite a champ at choosing healthy things and getting in activity. Today was the only day I really indulged and got a local frappe. (Milkshake for those not from Eastern Mass). It was about half my daily points... but so worth it. And this is the ONLY time I visited the local ice cream stand the whole year, so I'm quite happy.

Tonight we'll be seeing a movie after dinner, and I definitely don't need any candies or sodas or anything like that. We'll just see the movie, come home and chill and enjoy.

Tomorrow afternoon their going home. So they want to go to Korean for lunch. I can definitely stay in control for one more "out" meal, and then it's back to a normal week without company for me.

It's been nice having them visit, but with how very different my eating patterns are now this has been kind of hectic.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi everybody! New to this site and really not sure how to join in a thread but thought I would give it a shot. I am just starting my journey...again...but this time at my heaviest...like some of the other posts above I too have a husband who is either oblivious to what is good quality food or just doesn't think about it and is constantly bringing junk into the house...if he wants to get me a little something to "brighten" my day he brings me a candy bar instead of flowers or something much less damaging. I don't think he is out to sabotage me but I don't think he thinks things through very well and therefore is not a great source of support...

I wish you all the best on your journeys! Good luck!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:07 AM   #22  
Made of Starstuff

Hey Minoja! Welcome to 3FC ^_^

Glad to have you join us! We're just chugging along, making healthy changes and trying to take off the weight.

Thankfully, my husband has learned not to bring too many "treats" into the home. About the only thing he eats that I do not is tortilla chips. And I just keep those out of sight, and mostly out of mind.

It's already the end of August. Can't believe it! I'm stoked personally because of my 99 Day Challenge to stay on plan and exercise each day through much of the summer. I'm only 6 days away from achieving that goal. 6 days away from being "still here!"

Through the ups and downs and the slow weeks and the fast weeks... just trying to keep it going. Healthy habits for life are the goal. The weight loss will follow. (And it has so far!)

Old 08-31-2011, 06:09 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Lovely, thank you for the welcome!

I am trying hard to train my husband about food but it hasn't sunk in yet! He is also one of those..."you look great and are not fat." type of guys, not that I would want or even let him call me fat but it doesn't help when I am tying to get him to stop bringing me "treats" because I am trying so hard to stick to a healthy eating plan and he's telling me it's not a big deal, just one candy bar isn't going to hurt!

Love this group though and all the people on it...it really helps to be able to connect with people going through the same types of experiences and voicing my frustrations!

Congratulations on your successes and good luck to you!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #24  

Hello everyone. I am pregnant and have been posting in that section mostly. I joined a water areobics class this week. I was really nervous about going (getting into a bathing suit) but it was actually pretty fun. Any other preggo alternachicks out there?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 AM   #25  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys! It's the end of August so I'm closing this thread up, and have started the new month...

September Linked Here!
Closed Thread