3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachicks Chatter July!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #76

S/C/G: 243/ticker/199

Height: 5'10

Hey ladies! I'm new to this site in general and feel like I would fit in over here. Everyone seems positive and supportive! I need some people to help keep me accountable to get my booty in gear and keep it there! I've got some medical issues going on that compound my weight issues but I gotta do it. Thanks in advance and hopefully I can be helpful to others too!
Good luck everyone!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #77
Made of Starstuff

Nest - Welcome! Dive on in, we'd love to have you join us!

Michi - Way to go on starting up the cashiering It's gonna take a couple weeks for you to get into the full swing of things, but you'll be able to come up with a solid plan for your work days

I am awake, unfortunately. I would be sleeping, but I woke up... and now I can't get back down.

Yesterday I had sort of an "iffy" day on plan. It wasn't the worst, but it really could've been a lot better. So, I opened up my tracker just a minute ago and planned more thoroughly for today. Hopefully that will help considering I won't have a lot of sleep to rely on.

Back to quietly watching old British TV shows...

Last edited by Lovely : 07-26-2011 at 04:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:18 AM   #78
say what?

Height: 5'6"

I'm jumping into this thread also. I kinda chatter a lot and the Featherweights is slow sometimes. I don't want to spam - but I really need to keep touch with this board to not go off plan. LOL. Kinda silly. But that's how it works for me right now.

A tiny bit about myself I guess:
25 year old to be 26 by friday. (WHAAA!) - for the first time in my life I am enjoying a thing called "excersise". And I'm eating super healthy. I'm on a tight budget here for the coming year which has me feeling ick somewhat. But taking control of my foods helps with that ick.

I'm into politics (Green Party), sustainability and all that other "be good for others and the planet because that's the only way to be" stuff that one can do in life. But mostly I'm suppose to be into graduating this year and my job. And my health. So - it's gonna be boring. I feel a bit trapped - but after the life I've been living the past few years (lots of politics, debates, major backpacktrips) it's destined to feel a bit "small". Oh well - once I'm finally graduated I can travel the world again, and most likely in much better shape

So. Howdy Folks!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM   #79
Made of Starstuff

Howdy right back 'atcha Philana =) Glad to have you join our little group.

Spam away whenever you'd like. We're not a "super busy" area, but we get around and do stuff. The more chatter the merrier!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #80

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Nest - Welcome! Hope you enjoy the chatter

Philana - I love your True Blood picture Pam and Eric as so great. Alex Skarsgard himself is so sexy, I always drool a little bit over him when I watch the show ^^

Lovely - Wow you were up early today! I have to be up pretty early myself Thursday to catch a train at 7 am... yikes! I'm definitely not a morning person

Today I changed my tracker back to what it should read... I bought a scale at Target after not having access to one for 2+ months and yep... I'm back where I started weight wise. It was a major bummer, but I think now that I have access to the scale I can get my butt back in gear. I did my best when I could weigh myself each day and see the gradual .1 or .2 loss pile up. I thought it would be unhealthy to do a morning weigh in so early into my journey but I really think it's done more harm for me to not be honest and see that number.

So here's to (another) new beginning. A big thank you to all the chicks who have listened & helped along the way!

Let's support each other on CalorieCount - I'm WasabiSushiSama there.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 AM   #81
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Lovely - thanks for the warm welcome!

Michi - trueblood is the BEST show ever, I'm dying every week to wait for the new episodes. And goodluck with getting back on track! It's easy to "slum" when you don't have a scale to see the actual effect of your behavior. So hope this helps you keep at it again!

I am just PSYCHED today. Because I've officially lost 5kg/11lbs in the past 3 weeks. And only 1kg/2.2lbs to go to be at mini-goal of weighing 65kg! I just am so happy the first part went so smooth for me. And I am feeling actual differences in my body all at once. YAY.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 AM   #82
Made of Starstuff

MORNING!

Michi - Girly We're here for the whole journey whatever it entails. I know that I do my best having a scale to watch the progress, too!

Philana - CONGRATS! That is awesome progress

Mmm... Eric from TrueBlood... They're all so hot, but Eric is so... tall and... I just want to put him on display as if he were a Greek statue. *shakes her head* Ahem.

After I catch up on the forums I'm off to do more laundry.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM   #83

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the words of encouragement girls I'm feeling great today, ready to kick some butt and stay on track. I'm working late tonight (6 - 10 pm) so I'll have to eat my dinner a bit earlier than I prefer and make sure to bring along a snack for my break.

Tomorrow starts my 4-day vacation to Baltimore. I've got a nice selection of snacks for the ride down and to sustain me during the day but I know we'll be eating out a fair amount. It won't be a perfect 4 days on plan, but I am instead focusing on making better choices (i.e. grilled chicken wrap instead of a burger) instead of looking to be 100% perfect on plan and obsessing over calorie counts.

I hope everyone has a great day and I'll be back Monday to post about my adventures ^^

Let's support each other on CalorieCount - I'm WasabiSushiSama there.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #84
Made of Starstuff

Morning everyone!

Michi - Woot! Have fun and let us know about all those healthier choices when you get back

I'm aiming to get more done around the apartment today. As I've mentioned I'm having my sister and her kids and husband over this weekend, but now I'm a little stressed about planning food that everyone will like.

I was talking to my husband about maybe ordering pizza. I haven't had pizza in a long while, but we'll see. If we do, then I'm going to make a GIGANTIC salad to go along with it so that I won't eat a whole pizza by myself
Old 08-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #85
Made of Starstuff

Hey gang! It's August. I've started up the new thread here!

Come on over!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.