3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachicks Chatter July!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #46

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Dropping in again! I've had a couple of bad weeks, eating-wise, but I think I'm finally getting my **** together. Whenever I hit a big milestone it seems like my head freaks out and then I go off the rails for awhile until I can figure out how to get back on track. I have to stop doing that!

I worked yesterday so I am off today and tomorrow. We are supposed to be going to a Ciroc-sponsored white party in Ocean City tonight but I'm not sure if I feel like going. It is so hard for me to be around liquor and food, especially when I'm just getting things together, and I don't have anything white so I would have to go out and buy something.

We will see!

Right now I'm drinking a huge mug of coffee and puttering around 3FC. This website helps me so much. I've also been figuring out google+, if anyone is on there let me know and I'll add you. Right now it looks like facebook AFTER the zombie apocalypse lol.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #47
Made of Starstuff

Hey Spooky! Glad to see you in this thread, again! ^-^ You're not the only person that has a mini-freak out after a big milestone. I see it a lot around 3FC! I wonder why we do that? Let us know if you end up going to the party! I have yet to check out Google+, but I don't use Facebook much.

Well, gang! Happy Sunday =)

I had the motivation to get my walk in immediately after getting out of bed, so I used it and did my activity early. Love the days when I don't have to force it! =) Just checking in on the forums. Later I've got more around-the-apartment chores to do, but I'm actually looking forward to getting things more organized and cleared out.

I don't mind organizing or decorating. I just hate cleaning. At least it's added activity, right?

See you guys later! <3
Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #48
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

The tongue piercing has really started to be a lot easier to work with this past day or so. Eating is a bit tough, but I did manage to eat a whole cucumber yesterday. I have to constantly remind myself to eat fresh veggies. I know it will be worth it in the end.

Goal 1: 185 (Not obese) Goal 2: 154 (Not overweight) Goal 3: 145 (Sz 11 pants!) Goal 4: 135 (Single digit pants!)
Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #49

I had my tongue pierced almost a decade ago. I remember how sore it was the first week or so. I used to run the barbell around my teeth and every now and then I would forget and bite down on it. Ouchies.

I gradually went to a larger and larger barbell. It was AWESOME and I felt badass.

And then I took it out to get my first 'professional' job and never used a spacer or anything to keep it patent. So it grew over and I haven't had one since. I miss it a little.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #50
Made of Starstuff

Hey everyone! Have a good weekend?

Mine was mostly productive and active, which was great! I love the feeling after moving around. Not the sore part, but the part when I look back and realize how much I was walking around or taking stairs.

Today I don't have as many "active" plans, but I still need to take my walk and might do some laundry (which requires stairs). My husband has so many dirty clothes... it's like they come out of the walls! -_-

Fun news, though! I should be picking up my glasses today! I'll have to take a picture of them to share, they're pretty cute, and I've never quite had anything styled like them. I'm excited!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 PM   #51

YAY for new glasses, Lovely! Can't wait to see them!

I've had a lazy weekend. Actually I've been really inactive for the last month or so, sidelined by a mystery illness that nobody can quite diagnose. I'm on new meds (again) and had a bunch of labwork this morning so hopefully they will figure it out soon. I am usually so active that it kills me to stay at home and sit on the couch and do nothing. I can't wait to get back to the gym for my zumba and spinning classes but right now I have no energy for anything.

It stinks.

I'm trying to be good about my food intake, though, since I can't exercise for a little 'wiggle room'. I'm working tomorrow, off Wed, and then working T/F, so at least I don't have any long stretches to get through and that is a blessing.

Hope you are all well!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #52

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

I've been a bit AWOL for the past week, but last Wednesday I had an interview with Target and I'm trying for a corporate management position but if that doesn't work out then the hiring manager wants to take me on as a guest services member. It will be nice to be employed after a month and a half of doing NOTHING!

Since the 4th of July weekend my schedule has been a little wacky. Over this past weekend there was a pre-release event for a card game that I casually play with my boyfriend and a few of our friends, so we were up late Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. In fact Sunday, we didn't even get to sleep until 4 am Monday morning...

Today I'm trying to get back on my sleep schedule AND eating schedule, but it's been rough so far. I just feel like poop and I realize that we need to do some maintenance grocery shopping to boot, not to mention cleaning, laundry et al. Can I go back to bed now? =_=

Spooky - I love your signature, the skulls are cute!!

Lovely - We've had this pile of scary laundry accumulating ourselves. The boyfriend DEFINITELY has too many clothes and he goes through them like wildfire!

Trip - mmmm cucumber My mom has this recipe for a cucumber salad where you slice them thinly and then add a combo of vinegar and some sugar. Kind of reminds me a fresh version of a sweet pickle. I think it's a common German thing, and I found an approximation of what she did if anyone's interested in trying it: http://germanfood.about.com/od/midda...ucumbsalad.htm
You can substitute fake sugar (or just reduce the sugar a bit) if you're worried about calories It's probably best to wait until your tongue is healed though because the vinegar would sting!

Let's support each other on CalorieCount - I'm WasabiSushiSama there.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #53

Height: 5'5"

I'm sure I've had that cucumber salad in Austria =)

I'm feeling really good today! 40 minutes on the exercise bike in front of Friends
Old 07-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #54
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys!

Picked up my glasses last night. These are them! Cute librarian-esque with a hint of retro. I've never had anything like them. My glasses are usually very simple light brown, very thin frames. These ones are a little more stylin', and I'm kind of excited to find clothes to match.

Michi - I hope you get to start working soon! I hear you on the sleep schedule. I get caught up in fun things and before I know it... it's the next day

Spangle - Awesome job on the exercise! I like walking on my treadmill while watching TV. Bike/treadmill...they're both great ways to be active while still catching up on "lazy" activities like watch shows.

Spook - I hope they figure out what's going on! I know when I'm not well enough to exercise that he food part definitely becomes harder, but it's still doable! You can do it! Especially with our WW challenge to work towards, right?

I'm doing well today. Got dinner planned. Laundry's in the dryer. Took my walk. I know there's more I could do around the house, but I'm feeling pretty upbeat in general.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #55

Lovely- Thank you I'm so glad that I came home to an exercise bike in our living room! Haha. Oooh, those glasses are cool! I see what you mean, quite retro-y!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #56

I've always wanted a pair of those cat's-eye style very retro glasses. Never found exactly the style. Of course I don't need glasses but I'm not above wearing them for fashion.

Michi -- Good luck with the job, hopefully you hear something soon!

And wtg on the exercise, Spangle!

AFM: I'm off today so I'm spending a lazy day at home. Planning to knit and maybe watch a couple of movies and not do much else. Eating has been a challenge but I resolve to get in all my fruit and veg today.

Have a good one, all!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #57

I upped it to 45 minutes today, lovely chicks! First half of that was in front of a Cradle of Filth documentary (lol!) and the second to Beauty and the Beast. God, I love that movie!

Spooky- Thank you! Lazy days at home are always good
Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #58

S/C/G: 208(preg)/163/135?

Hey ladies, I hope you are all having a good week

MILF is only a couple twinkie refusals away!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:09 PM   #59
Made of Starstuff

Heya e'rebody!

Ryeb - Hey girl! How are you doing?!

More. Laundry. For. Me. -_- Endless...endless...laundry *sigh* I'm down to the last four piles before it turns back into "normal". At least the three flights of stairs are good for my legs.

Plus there are boxes to go through... and trash to throw out. Blah. Thinking about it all is too much. Gotta look at it like weight-loss. One day at a time. One item on the list at a time.

Back to tossing trash while I wait for the dryer to finish! See you ladies later!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #60

S/C/G: 208(preg)/163/135?

How are you today Lovey? How are the boxes going?

I am doing ok. I haven't really been to the gym, I had a lot of pain, found out I had ovarian cyst =/ I have my first prenatal appointment on July 25th. I have been stressed, but oh well.

I don't want to be at work today.

MILF is only a couple twinkie refusals away!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.