3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachicks Chatter July!

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #31

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Lovely - Ah! My mistake... I had it in my head for some reason that you were from Canada. Oops >_< Have you tried your new DVDs yet? I wanna know about the belly dancing one!

trip - ouch, tongue :x I'm too much of a wimp to even get my ears pierced x_x

Ellie - Yum, ice cream! I had just enough calories to squeak by with a kid's sizer serving of Coldstone ice cream yesterday, it was divine. Today I'll have to settle for the 60 calorie fudge pops we have in the freezer as an after dinner sweet, which still isn't terrible

Spangle - I was up late last night too, but more because I was stressed about a job interview this morning. Luckily I ended up getting the job, but man I could not bring myself to have breakfast I was so nervous!!

I just got up from a nap not long ago and now I'm deciding (a little early) what to do for dinner. I have these yummy beef teriyaki and sesame skewers (just 100 calories each) that I might grill up to go with rice and some steamed veggies. I'm just having one of those days where no food is really striking my fancy, not even junk like pizza or fried chicken. Weird, right?

My boyfriend is watching some weird kung fu movie on TV right now... I think it's Kung Fu Hustle, but I was never into these crazy kinds of film. If I go for something foreign I try to pick a movie from France so I can keep my language skills fresh. The boyfriend, non-French speaker he is, begs for English subtitles but I told him I could just translate for him. It's a hard sell

Let's support each other on CalorieCount - I'm WasabiSushiSama there.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #32
Made of Starstuff

Michi - I popped on super quick to check something, but I'm watching Kung Fu Hustle, too.... I've seen it before, but it's actually very funny :x
Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 PM   #33
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

The tongue wasn't painful. It just felt like pressure. The nose hurt a lot. I wasn't all too keen on that one. My eyes were watering like crazy. Worth it though. Seems to be healing okay at the moment.

Goal 1: 185 (Not obese) Goal 2: 154 (Not overweight) Goal 3: 145 (Sz 11 pants!) Goal 4: 135 (Single digit pants!)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #34
Made of Starstuff

Spangle - Ray was cute! I love cajun accents so that didn't hurt

Michi - I'm a New Englander like yourself! I tried out the belly dancing one. Oh my goodness... the moves started out with the arms, and it was TOUGH. I just don't have the arm stamina to do all that she was teaching. But I'm hoping to add it in regularly so I can practice and built my arm strength. Those skewers sound delicious!

3trip - Glad they're healing!

I've got a busy day out of the house, but it's a good kind of busy. I'm hoping to get a few needed chores done and I'm going for an eye doctor appointment today to get new glasses. Hurray!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #35

S/C/G: 292/268/140

Height: 5'7

@Michi and Lovely - Kung Fu Hustle is funny. One of my most favorite LOL movies. Nothing like the part where they threw a handle at the lady. hahaha

@Trip - I had my nose pierced last February. For some reason it took a while to heal. I had many accidents with it.. from scratching my nose and the stud off... to my eyeglasses getting caught and.. just waking up without the stud.
I'm thinking about getting my tongue pierced soon. How long does it take to heal?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #36
chasing carbs away

S/C/G: 312/239/150

Height: 5ft 5-1/2in

Morning, Ladies,

Well, after a busy day yesterday I gotta hit some chores, for the place is a disaster!

@Lovely: Oh, the eye doctor visit! I gotta do the same thing in August and this time I'm gonna try contacts if I can! I don't mind wearing glasses but I would like to run errands without remembering to bring my glasses to read small print. Anyway, hopes it goes well.

@Michi: Frozen pops are good! I like those WW dark chocolate with raspberry ones...yummy!

A question for the chat in general. Does a nose ring mean something in particular or are they considered like another piece of jewelry or bodily adornment? I see them at school everywhere, but think it would be too impolite to ask.

Ellie

Last edited by Ellie Hastings : 07-07-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #37

Height: 5'5"

I'm pretty sure nose rings mean something in a few cultures, but honestly I think for post people it's just another body mod =)

Lovely- Me too! As a kid, Gambit was my favourite character ever, so Cajun accents always get me

Loaded up on fresh fruit and veggies today. Feelin' goood!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #38
Made of Starstuff

Iamworthit -

Ellie - I never thought it meant anything in particular. Just a pretty piece of jewelry. I'd probably wear contacts, but I have an astigmatism so they don't sit on my eyeballs well.

Spangle - LOL! I was thinking the same thing! *sigh* When he used to call Rogue "cher" ... he was so dreamy.

I got most of my chores done today (with the husband's help) just stopped in at home to get some food in my stomach. I still need to go food shopping, but didn't want to go while I was hungry or I'd be bound to pick a few things that I didn't really need.

Good news, my eyes are fine and healthy other than that I just needed to get my new prescription and will be getting the glasses within a week or so.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #39
Need to stay motivated!!

S/C/G: 202/ticker/130

Hello ladies

I was reading some posts and wanted to just jump on in!

Oh Gambit how you stole my heart I also loved his accent and I always thought his coat was awesome!

I also really enjoyed The Princess and the Frog it was different and my little girl enjoyed it so much we watch it a lot! I think I can recite the whole movie by heart LOL

I used to have my tongue pierced but I had to take it out when I was pregnant it made my nausea worse but that was over 2 yrs ago and I have yet to get it re-pierced.

Oh crazy hair!! These last couple of months I have been getting my hair cut in a mullet style it pretty much looks like a choppy layered bob on top of some long hair kind of like Elvira! whenever I leave the salon I look like I walked out of the 80's big hair period LOL! Anyway my hairdresser asked if I would do some highlights and I said sure. I gave him creative freedom with my hair so now I have blonde streaks and red streaks. I love that the red really pops in the sun! I have been wanting to pick up some dye and color the blonde pink but I fear the red will be affected too much.

A funny thing I have noticed about people and my tattoos. My daughter likes to draw on herself with markers I don't mind it always gets washed off before bed and I don't like limiting her creativity. The other day an older woman was staring at me and then would glance at my daughter and came up to me to let me know that she was disgusted with the fact that I tattooed my 2 yr old. I looked at her, looked at my tattoos on my arms which are all actual drawings, and then looked at the squiggles my daughter had on her arms and legs. I pulled out a wet wipe from my purse and wiped off one of the squiggles. She looked at me and I said "No I would not tattoo my 2 yr old but she does like using herself as a canvas" I wanted so badly to say other things but I restrained myself, she however walked away with an extremely red face!

One for every 5 lbs lost:
Old 07-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #40

Hey NiteOwl!

Seems we're all on the same wavelength My boyfriend got me a mint condition issue of his first appearance in the X-Men comics. I love being with a geek

That thing about your daughter is crazy! As if anyone could be silly enough to think they were real tattoos!?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #41
Made of Starstuff

Hey Nite! Welcome! Glad to have you join in our chit chat ^^

That incident with the lady was odd O_o How did she not realize that some squiggles were just... squiggles? Bet she felt funny when she saw they were just marker!

Spangle - Squee! ^^ He's so great. I mean Gambit. Though your BF is a gem, too, for giving you the comic
Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #42

Haha, I knew what you meant, Lovely
Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #43
Made of Starstuff

Happy Saturday, gang!

Anyone got fun plans? I'm eating breakfast while I read the forums, and then it's off to get chores done. Food shopping. Then cleaning chores at home.

Then my walk on the treadmill in the afternoon. Looking forward to the movement all day! ^^
Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #44

My mum and I went shopping today, it was really nice to hang out with her =) Then we went for dinner at an Indian restaurant for my dad's birthday- wasn't as bad as it could have been, as I stuck to a dry curry and plain steamed rice. Woot!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #45
Made of Starstuff

Spangle - Sounds like a lovely day I'm jealous of the Indian food! That's some of the best foodstuffs in the world! Anything with paneer in it, truly :x
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.