Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #121  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

This past week has been nuts. Playing more video games than I ever have in my life. I need to go outside and get a bit of sun. I feel like a vampire. I might burst into flames if I step into the light...haha.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #122  

Height: 5'5"

I'm driving myself crazy with boxes and bags and cases... Packing up all my stuff, sorting out what to throw out... I'm moving away from Lancaster this weekend, going back home... I'm feeling really sad about it
Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Spangle - moving sucks However, carrying boxes back and forth can be quite good exercise. What did you study while at university, out of curiosity? For me, it was Accounting (I know, I know, not terribly interesting, but lots of jobs in the field at least). I actually have a friend moving to England soon for grad school, I think she's going to the University of London.

Trip - My boyfriend just got a few new games and he's been playing non-stop! I managed to drag him out to the movies today at least.

Overall, today I'm feeling kind of sad. My birthday is Saturday and I realize that I really want nothing and though I'll get presents (or money, or some combination) it's just not as fun and exciting as when I was a kid and got cool surprise gifts.

My boyfriend was kind of pressing me to have a party, which would be kind of nice, but because it's 4th of July weekend that means everyone's already got plans and in any case, my friends are geographically diverse. I have a few good friends back home, some friends around here, and then some friends who live out towards Boston or down in Connecticut.

I guess I'm also bummed because I have some scheduling conflicts this weekend. My boyfriend's group of friends have a big party every year at one of their houses. This year, it will be on Sunday but in addition to that my boyfriend's parents want to have a clamboil here on Saturday (my real birthday) and his friends are going to the gun range before that. My parents are also coming down for the weekend, but to go to WaterFire in Providence. I'm torn because I do want to see my parents but we had already planned the weekend before they decided to come down. I know my boyfriend will really wanna do the guy stuff and clam boil Saturday and it's not that I'm exactly opposed to the idea, but I guess I just feel kind of left out of the whole picture, you know? Last year, my 21st birthday, sucked because a lot of things just went wrong and created stress and yadda yadda.

I know that I'm not the center of everyone's universe and all, but it really sucks because I feel like no matter what I choose to do this weekend it's going to be a compromise. To be completely honest, as much as I've been looking forward to the party on Sunday I just kind of wanna get away, you know? Blah
Old 06-30-2011, 08:14 PM   #124  
chasing carbs away

S/C/G: 312/239/150

Height: 5ft 5-1/2in

Hi ladies!

Is it the 4th already? Wow, this summer is flying by. So, I have no plans as DH has to work but what about everyone else?

Happy B-day, Michi! I have a very dear friend who has a b-day on Sunday and she's in about the same boat as you regarding making b-day plans on a holiday weekend. I hope you have a great day, no matter what.

Ellie
Old 06-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #125  

Height: 5'5"

Michi- I studied English Literature, I'm going to Nottingham in September to take a Masters degree in Viking and Anglo-Saxon Studies. Very helpful for my future life, I'm sure! I hate that part of growing up, when birthdays lose that butterfly making excitement I was totally bummed out about my birthday this year- I'm just glad that for once, I had a group of friends who came out and tried to numb the pain with copious amounts of liquor

Obviously, we don't celebrate the 4th over here (it's a bit of a sore point for us ) but all I'll be doing is throwing away stuff and trying to unpack.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #126  
Made of Starstuff

Hey gang - It's July so I started up a fresh new Chatter thread to continue our talks!

Here's the link to the new one!: July Chatter
Closed Thread