Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #106  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you!

It's currently 1:35 am here. I find sleeping when it's this warm almost impossible.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM   #107  
chasing carbs away

S/C/G: 312/239/150

Height: 5ft 5-1/2in

Woot! Some of y'all have a busy week ahead! Mine will be on the slow side this time 'round. Hope to take a few days off soon, and get the heck outta town. I love to travel, but gas is so expensive it's getting harder to do. But maybe Gatlinburg for a few days - dip my toes in a cold mountain stream and see a bear and some deer. That sounds really nice. For some reason I always see wildlife no matter where I go. Just this week we took a short drive in the Nth Georgia area and I saw 5 deer in 2 different locations! You wanna see the wildlife stick by me.

@Spooky: I love Halloween! It's a fabulous holiday for young and old!

@Spangle: I hope that you have a blast at your ball, today!

@Lovely: Yeah, gotta get some new tennies soon, before school begins. I like New Balance too, for they're good if you have bone spurs or arthritis.

Ellie

Last edited by Ellie Hastings; 06-26-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I just worked all night I started my first shift at 2 yesterday, got off at 10pm, then worked from midnight until 8 (obviously that means I am still at work lol)

I have today off. I refuse to binge eat, however I am not sure how "great" I will eat due to the fact I am going to be sleeping off and on. I am going to start the "diet" tomorrow, but watch what I eat today. I know, I know how horrible I sound, but I do not want to eat 1500 calories and just be sleeping all day, if that makes sense?

My goal is still to make it to the gym tonight. I hope you all have a nice Monday, it is now my Saturday, and I am outties for the next couple of days
Old 06-27-2011, 05:05 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Woo! Just a few days have passed since I posted and geez you chicks are chatty

Ryeb - I actually have a dumb phone, but I'm looking around at smart phone options for later in the year when I switch my plan so thanks for the suggestion I tried using Web MD's fitness tracker, and I really liked it but I found myself always having to add my own foods which was time consuming. I think for now the old pen and paper route is fastest! Also, I'm going to Vegas for the first time in December with my boyfriend and some of his buddies. I just bought a nice guidebook last week and am skimming through it ^^

I've been searching for jobs up and down for the past month or so, and I honestly thought it would be much easier than this to find something. People really want you to jump through hoops for employment and I can see how people can get so discouraged after getting so close! Today I've been on and off cleaning with my boyfriend. I'm almost 100% better after my cold last week, but I still have a bit of a cough going

I hope Monday has been (or is being) kind to everyone else!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #110  

I just got back from Graduation Ball. It was good, but I think that was more because of the people I was with Definitely wasn't worth 40 quid a ticket!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #111  

Well I did not work out today. Tomorrow I will have step class. I found out what my problem has been.... I am pregnant.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #112  

My fitness pal is online too, and I have never had to add my own foods.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #113  
Made of Starstuff

Heya folks!

RYEB! Omgoodness! I know you'd been posting a little bit about pregnancy and thinking you might be pregnant earlier! I'm not sure by your post if this is good news, but I wish you all the best with it! And you better keep posting with us throughout!

Spooky - Heya ^^ Glad to have you jump in with us! Halloween is one of my most favorite holidays. I love the whole season, and actually wish I could be going to a costume party or something this year ^^

Spangle - Glad you had fun at the ball! Almost every party is more about WHO is there than anything else.

Ellie - A wildlife vacation sounds awesome! (As long as I can sleep indoors >.>) My running/treadmill shoes are New Balance, and yeah, I love 'em!

Michi - Glad you're feeling a little better from the cold. I've just been watching Hoarders... and that show always makes me want to clean. I always think "Gee. I could probably get rid of a few things, and dust..."

Well, gang, I had my weigh in this morning and was down a chunk. I'm now about four pounds away from my next weight loss mini-goal, so I'm pretty excited for the next couple weeks.

I kind of randomly decided I wanted a few new options for working out and bought a Belly Dancing dvd and a Zumba dvd... do you guys do either of those? What do you think? They should be shipped by next week.

Off I go to do stuff around the home. See ya'll!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #114  

Ryeb- Oh! As Lovely said, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, but best of luck chick.

Lovely- That's very true! Also, I really want to try some belly dancing, you'll have to let us know what you think.

Last edited by SpangleMagnet; 06-28-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:58 PM   #115  

I have updating via mobile, sorry my chatter is so brief. It is all good. I am trying to absorb all of this still. I am slowly getting excited though lol
Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #116  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeb View Post
I have updating via mobile, sorry my chatter is so brief. It is all good. I am trying to absorb all of this still. I am slowly getting excited though lol
Well congratulations!

Spangle - I've been considering trying belly dancing for years, so it should be informative if nothing else!

It's kinda muggy here. Ugh. Feeling blah, but I need to do some movement. If I don't do any activity I'm going to be so angry with myself for being lazy.

That's it. Soon as I post this, I'm going to get some water and take my walk.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #117  

Congratulations then, Ryeb!

Lovely- me too! God knows I've got enough of a belly to put some use to it
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Ryeb - Congrats! And I will look into my fitness pal online instead of web md

Spangle - I went to my Commencement/Graduation Ball too... it totally sucked! The food was terrible, drinks were over priced, and everyone go there late or left early to get boozed up at the hotel parties. LAME!

Lovely - One of my best friends from college started belly dancing during out final semester at school this spring. She had lost a few sizes our sophomore year but then ended up putting them back on junior year due to lots of stressful life issues but is now happily working them off again She always came back with lots of bruises as apparently you crawl around on the ground for a lot of belly dancing but she absolutely loved it!

Today was nice and I stayed on plan until my boyfriend's mom came home with 'punishment gifts' as he and his friends like to call them. It was a choco-peanut butter shake x_x. I did drink it because I've been craving chocolate all day but I'm sure it blew the calories I was saving for after dinner roasted marshmallows and then some :/ She's one of those people that refuses to accept the bit of pudge she has as she gets older (50+) and then goes on crazy eating plans involving protein shakes and such. She's always interested in how much my boyfriend and I weigh and what we're eating but she always supplies plenty of candy and junk food. I should have stopped half way through the shake but darn it was good. The rest of the day, I was really unsatisfied with the dinner and lunch I made so I guess I kind of used the shake to drown my sorrows... FML!

Anyways, I've been researching exercising options as I HATE HATE HATE to exercise. I'm not at a plateau with weight or anything, but I feel that if I could lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week with exercise instead of 1 lb with no exercise then I would feel more accomplished and a sense of fulfillment. I'm also bummed lately that I let the pounds I lost earlier this year come almost all the way back but I try not to dwell on it and instead focus on the almost 4 pounds I've lost by recommitting. Sorry about the long post, but I needed a bit of a rant >_<
Old 06-29-2011, 12:27 AM   #119  

Michi, that sounds like mine! The food was ridiculously expensive, and there wasn't even a veggie option I could find, which really annoyed me. Aaah well, we left a bit early.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 AM   #120  
Made of Starstuff

Hey guys!

Michi - Ugh. Sorry about your bf's mom! Everyone has their own path, but it's hard watching someone try to lose weight in weird and unhealthy ways when you just wanna shake the sense into them! :x At least we can talk about it here so it doesn't bottle up. I used to HATE exercise. That is until I just focused on doing more movement stuff. Heck, it still takes a little oomph to get my bum up on the treadmill, but it's the AFTER for me that is worth it.

Spangle - Heya

It's an awesome looking day out. I'm planning on keeping the windows open. Still need to work out, but after I'm going to set down some organizing plans.

See you guys!
Closed Thread