3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachicks Chatter - May 25 to end of June

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #31
Made of Starstuff

Bluenach - Just the running around alone to find healthier foods must be enough exercise I totally agree with the calorie counting for that. Not many airports likely have "Whole Foods" restaurants!

HCG is, in fact, so not healthy that 3FC doesn't support the plan. We do not support HCG injections and plans

Long story short: The injections do nothing. It's a 500 calorie a day plan (ultra unsafe) and that's the only thing that makes you lose.
It's not a permanent, healthy plan.

I'm beginning a whole summer challenge. Just staying on plan for 98 days. Hmm. Maybe I'll make it a personal 99 and include Labor Day in that count. I might just.

Anyway, hope you're all having a good day!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #32

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

Exactly Lovely. Yes, people lose numbers on the scale while on that diet, that doesn't mean they are healthy, or it is good weight lost. I have learned if I don't eat, my body burns my newly developed lean muscle, not fat.

I started in gym in Dec, had an official weigh in at 177, this was after about a month of going to the gym off and on. It wasn't until the beginning of April I got up to 6 days a week. I have never felt better. My weight is around 162 right now, and I can tell how much better my cardiovascular health is, even though the weight is coming off VERY SLOWLY. I would never recommend that HCG diet to anyone. Like I said, I saw the pounds come off (about 20), but I did not maintain it, nor did I feel awesome.

I like to not feel trapped. That diet didn't allow for anything. The "doctor" was so about my health that he got upset at me when I told him I chose to wear sunscreen while water rafting, than not. WTF? I mean really, I am prone to skin cancer, I am a red head, and you are going to tell me I am doing the diet wrong because I was worried about my skin? No thank you. Most people that have done the diet, fail, because you are literally starving yourself.

I am not sure if I am going against HCG is against the forum rules, because I am discussing it, but I apologize if I did.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #33

Lovely, what does your challenge consist of?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #34
Made of Starstuff

Ryeb - I don't think it's wrong to explain your journey and why you're not on the plan anymore, I just think it's not supposed to mentioned a TON (you don't see it mentioned much at all around here) in order to avoid people Googling it and the results being shown from 3FC's forums and then people thinking it's safe or something.

The 99 Day Challenge... one rule. Stay on plan for 99 days. No excuses.

My plan happens to be: WW Points/Plan, 10 min of exercise a day at the very least.

So as long as I stick to my points, and if I choose to have cake or something I keep it tracked and to ONE slice, then I'm following plan.

I do have to accept that I'm human and may not be totally perfect, but I figure even if slipped one or two days that's still a HUGE amount of OP days by the time I'm done with the count down.

And heck, if I can actually make it 99 days totally on plan I'll be super extra proud and definitely looking forward to more OP days.

That's it! That's the whole of it. Just a personal challenge that anyone can do!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #35

I might need to do that. My issue right now is BOOZE!!! LOL I seriously love beer

I don't think I can cut it out yet. That is bad, huh lol

MILF is only a couple twinkie refusals away!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:41 PM   #36

Oh, and I have a question, since this is a chat....

I have lost a couple pant sizes around 35 pounds and TONS of inches, however for some reason I feel even heavier and "fatter" now than I did before. I don't know if I am finally realzing what it is to be in better shape or what. I have not been this low in weight since before I was pregnant with my now 4.5 year old. I was always around 175ish, you would think now that my stomach is flatter, my legs are firmer and my weight is down I would feel thinner, I dont. What is wrong with me?

Does anyone else experience this?

Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #37
Made of Starstuff

Ugh. Beer. You can have it! In all seriousness, though, is it something you can either use a "light" of or keep on drinking, but in moderation? (Like one beer a day or only 2 beers on weekends?)

And I actually do know what you're talking about "feeling heavier". It's not quite that I feel heavier, it's that I'm much more aware of it now. Heath, food, exercise, how my clothes fit. I'm just very conscious of it on a daily basis. The little things stick out more now than they did before.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #38

S/C/G: 155/110.2/105

Height: 5'2.5"

I just wanted to jump into the chatter before it got too established! I'm glad that this part of the forum is becoming more active. I guess I should say a little about myself, so here goes. I'm twenty-four and graduated from college last year with a B.A. in Classics. I've spent the last academic year teaching English at a primary school in Finland, and I like it so much that I've extended my contract for another year. I was occasionally a bit pudgy as a child, but my real struggles with weight didn't begin until I graduated from high school and subsequently moved back to the States. I'm pretty much at the end of the loss part of this process, but I am completely and utterly terrified by the thought of maintenance, especially since I'm basically travelling all summer and won't even be able to weigh in on my own scale. yikes.

So, I know that there have been other threads that broach this subject, but why do you all consider yourselves alternative? The word just covers such a lot territory, and it's always interesting to see how others interpret it. Music choices? Clothing choices? Quirky hobbies? Taste in books and movies? Just the way you generally see the world? I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Long Term Goal
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #39
Made of Starstuff

Goooood afternoon & happy June everyone! =)

Glad to have you join in the chatter Nienna!

Hmm... why am I alternative... Maybe all of the above? I suppose it boils down to thinking differently and seeing the world differently. But that manifests itself through hobbies and interests. I pride myself on truly looking for all sides of a story. It's kind of why I like 3FC in general. People are doing so many things, none of them are right. So while I have my own "right" that I follow, I can nod along to what I read and find interesting facts about the way other people handle things.

All knowledge is worth having.

While I couldn't get myself to do my yoga routine today, I did push myself for 20 minutes on the treadmill. Best investment I ever made, that treadmill. It's right there in the living room. No excuses. Just pop on my shoes and take a walk. Can't say "it's raining or it's too hot", because the treadmill is right there.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and again if people are considering jumping in on the chatter, please do! The more the merrier!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM   #40
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Bluenach - I took pilates last semester and that was great, but there isn't a gym offered at the community college that I'd use. I finally qualify for in-state tuition in the fall and the university has a pretty sweet gym. There is a gym near my apartment that I want to join, but I have to buy a couch first. Haha.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM   #41
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 215/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Lovely - My mom used her treadmill after having a child at 40. She had gotten so big compared to what she used to be and just got fed up with it. 30 minutes a day for a few months, and she lost about 75 pounds. I wish I had one, there would be no excuse to not just hop on when you wake up in the morning. A quick burst on the treadmill really gets your day going!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #42
Force of Nature

Bluenach- Yes I did see that. Thank you for your support... I havent been home for a few days. Break ups make it very hard to continue a diet. I ended up gaining 2 pounds back.... I feel more defeated than ever. Awesome.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #43
Made of Starstuff

Hey folks! Having a "meh" day here.

One of those days where I really have to FORCE every step and give myself a stern talking to. Some days it's easy... other days... well... other days you just gotta buck up buckaroo.

3Trip - Awesome for your mom! It's wonderful what a little exercise can do

Sugar - It's a difficult time for you right now. Remember to keep doing good for yourself. Eating on plan or moving more might not always help immediately with the stress, but I'll tell you what... they keep you from having more stress and added frustration later. I'm really sorry you're having a tough time right now. This too will pass.

I hope everyone is keeping well =)
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #44

I didn't do anything today Lovely. I normally do step class on Thursdays, but instead I decided to clean my stye of a home because I am bringing my boyfriend over for the first time tomorrow lol WOrking evenings, cleaning after work seems to be too much. I am a little dissapointed though, I ate all sorts of junk on Tues, and it def showed on the scale today

Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #45
Made of Starstuff

Ryeb - Hey at least you get to show your boyfriend nice home. Hope it goes well

I've got banana bread cooking. I had some bananas that were getting kinda old, so I mushed them up and mixed up a recipe I found on WW.

5 pt Banana Oatmeal Muffins. Not bad for a muffin. They still need like 30 minutes to bake so we'll see how they turn out.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.