Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 296/265/180

Height: 5.6"

Lesbian here. Single, not looking.

And I have decided that I need to lose some weight for my own health, so I came back to 3 fat chicks. After my long-term relationship ended, my ex left me for some man she met on the internet after we'd been together over 18 years, I actually did quite well with taking care of myself. Then I had a few other losses and sort of stopped exercising and eating relatively well.

jules
jules68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #107  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

Ouch jules, that's rough

good luck with getting healthy, hope it continues to progress!
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 259.5/ticker/140-160?

Height: 5'3"

Bisexual Canadian, together with my lesbian partner for 2 1/2 wonderful years. She's such an inspiration for me to be a healthier person- she is much more active than I am, and naturally gravitates to healthier foods as well. She's been so supportive of me.
Katy Did is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 260/260/180

Height: 5' 8"

Talking Central Florida dyke here

It still feels odd for me to say I'm in Florida even after 6 years. I am from northern California and 20 years in Montana, a dyed-in-the-wool inveterate wetserner.

to all the other queer folkx out there! I found three fat chicks yesterday and woke up this morning convinced I could find a LGBT thread. I was right!

Florida values seems to be so much more anti-everything than where I've lived before - I've spent these years determinedly being myself in the face of those who glare, ignore and argue.

One thing I find among queer gals here in rural Florida is some sort of trend for non-skinny, non-hip queer women to be fat in an almost obligatory or stubbornly dumpy and unappealing way. What gives with that? I aim to be fitter, healthier, and less body-muffled!

Last edited by Calmontflor; 11-17-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Incorrect wording
Calmontflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5'6"

Calmontflor....glad you found your way to the LGBT thread, and welcome!!

i am in a very similar situation. i've been in NC for about....umm....almost 10 years, and i still feel like an iowan! oh well, i love my new state, but miss the old one. if florida is anything like north caroliina, i can say the south takes a little getting used to! and all respect to southerners, i don't mean that in a bad way!

to everyone else--is anyone here doing a low carb diet? i have been trying for quite some time, i can stick to my eating plan very well, but fall off the wagon so frequently! can't say that i've lost anything since i begun, which was back in august, i believe. to tell the truth, i probably have gained weight.

just curious. this whole site is great, but it always helps to hear from someone who's on more common ground.

thanks and wishes that everyone enjoys the up-coming holidays!!
~starry
starryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 270

Height: 5'11

I was so thrilled to see this thread! I'm very new to this place...

Anyways..I'm a lesbian from Alabama. If that sounds unfortunate to you, it is

Last edited by brookers; 12-13-2012 at 04:56 PM.
brookers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

I'm reviving this thread after it's long winter nap.

I am a 23 year old lesbian from Southern California, who just moved to Southern Florida!

I started losing weight while I was in college, but somewhere between mid-terms and final I stopped working on my weight loss. Now that I have graduated, and found myself a good job, there is no better time to start working on losing weight again!

Last edited by ubercast; 12-24-2012 at 05:12 PM.
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #113  
can't cook.

S/C/G: 165/159/125

Height: 5'11"

Heyoooo. Homos in the house.

I don't know if I should thank my girlfriend for cooking well enough that I enjoy her healthy foods now I'm dieting, or if I should hate her for cooking well enough that I gained 20 pounds in the 2 years we've been living in the same house.
battybettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 187/180/150

Height: 5'10''

I think I've arrived late to the LGBTQ party in more ways than one, but I'm reviving this thread anyways. In my mid-20s, I'm only now really putting an identity to what I've felt but avoided examining for a few years-- namely that I'm queer/bisexual. I'm not out to anyone except my best friends (two married queer women) and I've never dated or really done anything with a woman. I've been single for 2 years, and I'm trying to figure out how/if I start actively searching for women.This stresses me out, and stress causes me to eat microwave personal pizza and stay up until 2 am, which is not fantastic for my diet.

Anyways, it's really awesome to see so many great folks here. Hope everyone's making progress toward their goals!
synchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #115  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Welcome to all!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #116  

I identify as bi in another world, I'd consider myself possibly polyamorous as well, but of course you never know until you truly try. My wonderful boyfriend of 6 years has seen a number of girlfriends come and go, and as at peace as he is with the whole thing, I just don't see us ever becoming seriously involved with anyone else. And I wouldn't give him up for anything! (Even if it means I get some backlash from both LGBT and Straight folk claiming I'm straight and should just stop pretending.....ugh!)
Sprinkles22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #117  

I was really happy to see this here. I'm a 27 year old from Missouri. I identify as bisexual, but I'm mostly interested in dating women. Single right now.

I joined the site hoping to get support maintaining healthy dieting practices. I've struggled with anorexia in the past. Right now I'm at 145, aiming for around 110-115.

Good luck to everyone else!
RavenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 230/205/160

Height: 5' 5"

Keeping the thread going...

I'm a lesbian and have been with my partner for almost ten years. My weight has fluctuated those ten years, not on the account of my partner, but mostly because of graduate school and work! Life's stress is unrelenting sometimes. Trying to "get right" so we can easily have many more years together. Anyways, I was glad to see this thread here.
quiet dissent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #119  
Pawmother

I have just discovered the forum. I wasn't expecting to see a LGBTT post, but seeing it now, I'm flattered! I am bi, that's why I wished to have a say under this thread.

Yeah... Thank you for the thread!
LucreziaBorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 215/205/175

Height: 5'11

Woo Hoo! Queer girl here. I am 27, from New York originally. I have lived in Berlin, Germany for almost 4 years now, and have been with my wonderful partner for 3 years. I am trying to lose weight and get stronger so that I can just feel better. I feel uncomfortable in my body. I really feel my weight now that I'm getting older. I was a fat kid and raised vegetarian but ate really unhealthy and binged mostly. I was addicted to fries, fried rice and pizza. I lost a bunch of weight around the age of 17-20. I use to weigh 300lbs age 17 at my highest and 189 at my lowest around the age of 21. I have had a somewhat steady weight all these years at around 205 and eat really good healthy food but my metabolism is slow, and I tend to graze the day along into the night but I never binge. I recently started gaining weight again slowly and decided I wanted to continue to lose, and this time workout and train my muscles. I'm really into going to the gym now. I love it. My partner has been super supportive and even goes to the gym with me sometimes. She is athletic, and runs/workouts often so I'm really lucky.
Berlinloser2012 is offline   Reply With Quote