3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Return of the LGBT Chicks... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/233976-return-lgbt-chicks.html)

Bridget Jones 06-06-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by celticrae19 (Post 4350068)
Hey everybody!! I was hoping there was a thread like this somewhere on this forum. Sappic sister right here all the way.( if it wasn't somewhat obvious by the avatar). I haven't done well in the way of dating, Indianapolis not really the best gay scene. I was with my ex for over 2.5 years it ended kind of badly. Its great to see a support thread here for those of us gay ladies who need to lose weight. we need to get more peeps in here. :)

Ha, I literally JUST changed my avatar from a Xena one. Hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay7jay (Post 4221919)
Figured I'd throw myself in the mix.. Lesbian in Las Vegas.

As for the weight and dating- I hate my own body. HATE it. so I'm changing it and while I do that I have made a personal choice to not date. I will date again when I am under 200, quite the reward for reaching one of my mini goals.
That said, other people don't hate it (or are willing to overlook it?) and I actually get asked out quite often.

But I truly believe I have to love myself before I can love someone else. No one I know actually supports my decision to not date, but I just am not as happy as I could be so why put that on someone else?

:hug:

I'm with you and in the same boat. I'm also just focused on my career and working hard to get healthy and change my life at the moment. I've dated in the past, but I'm not looking at the moment - I will probably hold off on that for awhile. Anyway, I'm a lesbian living in LA.

Los Angeles is a great place to be gay, though, so I certainly go out and have fun.

Thanks to whoever bumped this thread, I'd have never found it otherwise.

starryblu 06-18-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kay7jay (Post 4358249)
Hey stun, where in Florida do you live? Clearly I need to move there because I'm pretty sure there are 5 lesbians here and we've all already dated each other. ;)

lol!
:Dsounds like where i lived in iowa....

starryblu 06-18-2012 07:42 PM

oh, and hi from north carolina. i'm still trying to figure myself out. i was married three times, have three grown sons...and have been living with my partner for four years now, after about a two year split. during the split i was involved with another partner, and watched her die very slowly and painfully of a brain tumor. ten months later i lost one of my boys. has led to a lot of comfort eating, but i think i might finally be getting a grip on that.

whew that was complicated. maybe somebody can explain it to me, if it's decipherable. oh, and sad. yep. been sad for quite some time now...

BerkshireGrl 06-18-2012 11:09 PM

:hug: Oh starryblu! I'm sorry!

starryblu 06-19-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl (Post 4375988)
:hug: Oh starryblu! I'm sorry!

thank you so much, you are very sweet :)

and i do apologize to everyone for getting so whiney. i'm not usually that way. i think i'm having a bad week....:stress::stress:

BerkshireGrl 06-19-2012 10:00 PM

starryblu, no need to apologize. That is an overwhelming amount of trauma to go through. I comfort-ate for way less! Please, no apologies... and welcome :)

Lupus 06-21-2012 02:24 PM

Great to see this thread! I was feeling a little lonely, I think it's the username? Or maybe the big bright sun, honestly I did that because of the lupus thing, sensitivity to the sun? It was meant to be a playful joke/statement...ah well.

I have been bi, queer, and now I think I found my little niche, genderqueer chick from the midwest :D. I wouldn't say I am polyamorous, but I make deep connections with people and I tend to love almost everyone once I get to know them, sometimes this takes years.

I am happily married to a man who loves me for who I am, and understands that I won't ever cheat on him (he is not like me) because I respect what we have, I am just different, and that's totally ok with him.

I too have never been a healthy weight (well maybe when I was 6?), have no idea what that would look like for me, excited to find out!

thewalrus0 08-25-2012 03:03 PM

Hey everyone! I know there hasn't been a post here in a while but I thought I'd say hello.

I'm currently having issues with dating. I met a great girl and we went on a date but I'm just still so uncomfortable in my skin. Another thing is she lost a large amount of weight over the last couple of years and I feel awkward still being in that stage.

I was feeling pretty good about myself and my body. I was trying to be healthy without counting calories. Boy did that backfire. I ended up my heaviest weight ever! Some things just don't work for me and ignoring calories is one of them.

So anyways, I'm here! Another lesbian trying to lose!

BerkshireGrl 08-27-2012 08:21 AM

Hello, thewalrus0! :wave: Good luck with your weight loss! I know about the feeling awkward bit, but you can get there! :)

lilmsstrange 08-28-2012 11:57 AM

Well, I'll say hi on this thread!

I'm a single bisexual lady...who 60% of the time tries to figure out if she really wants to date a guy at all because seriously, girls are awesome. However currently I'm dating no one. Which is making me sad because both of my best friends are engaged. One is getting married in Decemeber and I'm one of two maids of honor (and the only bridal party memeber not dating someone). The other has just bought a house with his hubby to be, so they've put off the actual wedding shing-ding for a bit of time.

Usually I'm cool being single. I don't have to check in with anyone if I want to do something, I can flirt with people and no one cares, it's nice, relaxing. But lately I've just felt....left out. If I go out with my BFFs we have to bring their guys. Which really I like their guys, I have a ton in common with both of them and they think I'm super funny. But it does leave me as the fifth wheel while they get all snuggly and kissy and cute with each other.

But I digress, I'm an LGBT chick (I'm the B! The only time I say that and I'm not trying to censor a bad word), so hi!

TheLauren 09-02-2012 10:34 PM

Hello! I'm queer and poly. I belong to a fairly large, wonderful and boisterous chosen family that is centered in NYC. Everyone is really supportive. My family and lovers always make me feel beautiful.

starryblu 09-03-2012 09:05 AM

just popped in to see who's around. does anyone here do low carb? it's my current obsession. i believe in it, though i can't say that i've had a lot of success so far. but then, you have to stick with the program, right? nope, doesn't work with cheetoes and chocolate covered pretzels :D

Orange Sun 09-26-2012 10:59 PM

Hello~ I'm a queer woman in New Mexico. Pretty femme, with an androgynous streak. I've been with my partner for four years. I have been slowly losing weight since the spring, with a combination of strategic carb consumption and counting calories. I'll turn 30 in December, and I'm excited to begin a new decade being more comfortable in my body.

LebenAlles 09-27-2012 01:02 PM

Hey everybody, glad to see you guys here!

My partner and I have been together for a little over four years now. She's lost 50lbs since last December, and is looking wonderful. I've still got quite a bit to go, but it's all good, I've got this. I'm also turning 30 next year, Orange Sun, and am looking forward to rocking it with a new body and mindset.

Hope you all are doing well today!

BerkshireGrl 10-04-2012 03:37 PM

I wish these posts had LIKE buttons! :wave:

Welcome to all newcomers, and best wishes with your reaching for better health and wellness! :high:

<--- Bisexual :val2: