Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 01:46 PM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default Holiday goals

I am going to celebrate Christmas this year instead of celebrating on the Winter Solstice. That is only because I am in my father's house and I want it to be peaceful with no hurt feelings. I am much more flexible. I will do something private to welcome in winter...

Anyways, my point to this thread is to make a written goal for the month of December. It is always so hard to stay on track this month. I am not going to do a weight goal or anything. My goal is to loose 2 inches off my waist so my jeans fit! I am currently wearing them. I have 3 pairs of size 18 jeans. They have a touch of spandex so I can wear then now, but sitting at the computer is a chore and forget eatting! So, by Christmas day, my waist will be 2" smaller. Today it is 41 1/2". I carry my weight in my tummy! I am so an apple shape.

I am so sick of wearing grey sweats. I have 3 pairs and I wear them all the time, if not those, my trusty overalls. But even I am getting sick of them. I have 75% of my clothes packed, but even those clothes will be getting tight these days! Enough is Enough!!! ~flower

PS/ anyone else want to join me in goal setting???
Old 11-29-2002, 02:36 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I will join you flower!

My goal is to not eat everything in sight between now and New Year's day!

I will allow myself some small treats but in moderation and not eat all the baked goods and chocolate that everyone brings into the office.

I will cook healthy meals and not fall into the trap of convenience foods and ordering take out which is what usually happens because we get so busy in December.

I will not gain the usual 2-5 lbs that I gain every year at this time and will maintain my current weight.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:18 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Count me in! I'll be making truffles with a friend again this year, and I promise not to eat more than three. One of each type.
And I'm not going to make a turkey (my favorite), so I won't be O.D.ing on THAT, either.
And... let's see... I think I'll go and look for some good low-fat horderve recipes. And some fruit recipes. If I've got good stuff in the house, I won't be tempted by the other stuff.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:00 PM   #4  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Good for you all. I will add my two bits worth then too. I will try and eat clean, and exercise right up to Christmas eve and then take Christmas off as a free day. Pig out! Then back on course boxing day. I will do the same for New Years!
Virginia
Old 12-01-2002, 07:28 AM   #5  
Hot Stuff

Hey, you girls are welcome to join in the "26 Days of Christmas" thread on the Support board, if you like! I'm pledging to lose 3lbs by Christmas.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:26 AM   #6  

Well, I am going to try to make it through with my sanity intact!

We are still looking at houses and filling out bank applications so that is crazy stuff.

I am still learning to cook the low carb way - made some great almond cookies for T-giving which I could post the recipe if anyone is interested in low carb cookies!

I don't think there'll be as much eating stress this year as last because I have found good substitutes and for some odd reason, my appetite is waning/getting fickle .......

I am going to continue walking and hope I can start a formal exercise program in the new year.

Holiday Blessings and Hugs to All

Terri
Old 12-01-2002, 12:09 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Thanks for the invite Wildfire, I will stop over there too. Thanks. I am having better control over my eatting knowing that the end is in sight in my long journey of moving. True I still have a month to go and then painting cleaning scrubbing, but I see the rainbow over the horizon! It is a load off my shoulders!!!! Everything seems so much more manageable now. ~flower
Old 12-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #8  

Terri, good luck with the house hunt! AND the exercising!

Wildfire, thanks for the invite. As you know, I wasted no time getting over there.

Where am I? Oh... holiday goals. Well, I haven't been able to make it to the gym for 4 days, but I'm definitely going tomorrow. Oh! and I have four new pair of gym pants thanks to my mom and dad. Thank god, because I kept having to sew up the inner seams on my ONE pair of gym pants. When I was there last Wednesday, I was horrified to see that yet ANOTHER hole had opened up!!
Old 12-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #9  

Hi Chicks!

I'm new to Alternachicks, just posted my bio on the Bio thread.

I'm not going to let Christmas derail my newly found focus on
getting thin and fit again. Really, once I get past Thanksgiving, Christmas isn't much of a temptation anyway. I'm much more
tempted by microbrew and Thai food than I am by typical Christmas goodies.

I just started WW, at home, on Friday. When I weighed in
I was at 165.5.

My goal is to be 159 by Christmas, on my way down to my ultimate goal of 125-135.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Sabrina
Old 12-01-2002, 01:08 PM   #10  

Hey Sabrina! Welcome! (again)

I must get off the computer...
Old 12-01-2002, 01:25 PM   #11  

Default Thanks!

Hi Ellis,

Thanks for the warm welcome on this thread and on the bio thread.

You were so creative on your list of what makes you an Alternachick. Even though you're a Christian, I think we
will get along great. I have a sense of humor about this kind of stuff and it seems you do too.

I'm a total girly girl. Love makeup, although I *can* go out of the house without any on, I really don't like to! I also shave my
legs all year long, not just in the summer when they are exposed.
And trends? Oh I love fashion! Going to the mall is a huge temptation for me, and I'm trying to just stay away until I am
in my goal size. Then I'll have the perfect excuse for a new wardrobe! Yippee!

It's great to be here, I know I can do it this time with support from great chix like you.

Sabrina
Old 12-01-2002, 02:44 PM   #12  

It's great to have you here, Sabrina. I guess we'll get along... even if you ARE an athiest. I'm not out to force my religion on anyone, and I don't really give a darn what others believe in... have no fear.

I don't know about this girly girl stuff, though...

By the way, where the **** is everyone?!
Old 12-01-2002, 02:55 PM   #13  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ellis sweetie,
I am right here chicky! How's it going today? Went to hubbies Xmas party last night and everyone was coming up to me telling me how great I looked. It made me feel great, but then got thinking wow, I must have really looked like *hit before. How come you have not been getting to the gym? Are you feeling okay hun? Hope you are doing okay.
Sabrina, I don't believe I welcomed you yet. Welcome! Hope you enjoy hangin' with this lucious, lovely, and loving group of chicks.
Virginia
Old 12-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #14  

Hey darling....
congratulations on all the compliments! Doesn't that just make you feel wonderful!! Uh huh... just think how good you're going to look when you drop another bag of potatoes!

Oh, I'm fine, thank you. Had a PD day on Friday and the youngest was home, so couldn't get to the gym. And I HATE going on the weekends... it's so busy. I'll be glad to get back in the swing of things tomorrow. I HAVE done an unusual amount of housework, though! I've been taking iron suppliments, and I think they're kicking in... I've had fewer naps this week and more energy.

I just can't stay off the computer today... I'm drawn to answering everyone immediately they post.
Old 12-01-2002, 05:25 PM   #15  

Me again ...

Virginia: Thanks for the welcome. Everyone has been so nice, I think I've found the right place to hang out.

Ellis: I usually don't spend this much time on the computer
on the weekend, because I'm on one all day long at work.
However, I am housebound with a particularly NASTY cold.
I'm sick of the television and reading doesn't appeal to me at
the moment, so I'm down in the office with my cat, Callie.

By the way, my avatar is a photo of Callie when she was 9 weeks old. And yes, her ears really were that big. She's grown into them though.

I really need to find out more about you all, think I'll go off to the bios thread and read up on yas.

S.
Closed Thread