Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:13 PM   #16  
Must Shrink.

I travelled the red carpet last week when mom in law was here. I kept sneaking out on errands and eating chocolate. And anything else not stapled down. I crave sweets, and comfort food. Comfort food can encompass just about anything. In other words, the sky was the limit.

Fast and furious, that's my menses, but last week I had cramps so bad I went to bed in a huddled heap. I don't usually get cramps at menses, but at ovulation (when young men look particularly good) but figure I'm getting to that age when my cycle will be changing.

Anyway, I'm done but can relate to how you are feeling today!

Lois
Old 12-04-2002, 05:33 PM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Lois. I'm like that when I'm ovulating, too. I always think I'm dying.
Okay, now that I know it's not just me, I am NOT going to succumb to this feeling. I am going to eat carrots and drink water. Maybe a potato? Three potatoes. With a little low fat marg. And some bread. and maybe just a small bag of chips. and a box of Smarties. and some ice cream...

ps... I'd eat, too, Lois if my MIL were here for that length of time!
Old 12-05-2002, 01:20 PM   #18  
the kid's counting on me!

Ellis...I'm PMS to the max! and very HUNGRY as I said in some other post. Have been alittle sloppier with my food yesterday and today...but, I'm determined not to totally screw up! As you said Ellis, it is so hard to get it off and so easy to put it on.
So, I'm hanging in there, snowed in with my little one, DP will be home from work in about an hour...she told me she is bringing home groceries since it snowed...a thing we down here, who aren't used to snow, do when we get a little dusting...we think we have to supply ourselves for months!

Hope DP doesn't kill me by bringing home junk food...if so I'll see you in the Help Hubby is trying to Kill me thread later on! PMS and Snowed IN and Junk Food in the house...I'll go crazy! Actually it looks like we've gotten about 7 or 8 inches so far which is alot for us...

talk to you soon
Love Soozie
Old 12-05-2002, 02:37 PM   #19  

Ah yes, that fabulous time of the month! I am sliding towards the great day which of course is the day we are starting a trip to see relatives - 2 days by car. And won't that be fun for me! I crave all sorts of things beforehand, especially plain M&Ms and plain ruffled potato chips.

Of course I crave them the rest of the month too, but this is the only time I can blame it on a physiological process.

I also blame my bitter, ugly, resentful mood on the TOM too! Tis the season to be grumpy!

Mind you I HATE it when DH says, in response to grumpiness, oh you must be getting your period. Even if I am, this only outrages me further. Even the imperturbable cats flee to the basement in awe of my Gorgon glare.

The angry goddess must be appeased by offerings of dark chocolate - lots and lots of bittersweet chocolate...

Lidian
Old 12-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #20  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Okay, I have to take progesterone now, which is like PMS in tablet form. (Acrtually had to up the other meds to combat it!!) By the tenth day I am ready to kill. Then I come off it and ahave a couple of days of PMS, then my period starts.

I LOOK FORWARD TO MENOPAUSE!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:00 AM   #21  

Me too, Den!
Listen, as a favor on Saturday I'm babysitting a girlfriend's 11 month old for a few hours. She called me yesterday to confirm, and said, "Will the whole family be there?" I thought maybe she didn't WANT them here, so I said they might go out. Turns out she thought it might be helpful to me if they were with me for support. I'm pretty sure she's worried I'm going to lose it and decapitate her child. heh heh. So I had to reassure her on that point. She and I BOTH hate kids (apart from our own), and she knows how it gets... she's 40 with her first child. I don't know HOW she does it at that age!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #22  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I can't look forward to Menopause just yet. Too long of a wait.

But I currently have my period too. I thought I was ahead of everyone else last time we had this discussion. And mine doesn't change when it happens. The pill kinda prevents that.

I crave anything that I can put salt on mostly. Or salt and chocolate (chocolate covered pretzels. yum!) or just chocolate.

But this should be the last day.

Old 12-06-2002, 09:11 AM   #23  
Must Shrink.

Can you imagine a baby at 40??????? I'm 40! Mom was 43 when she had me. Poor, poor woman.

L
Old 12-06-2002, 10:06 AM   #24  

I know... I know, Lois. And she's planning on having another soon. Gotta get those two kids in before menopause!
Her husband came home one day from work, and she said to him (sort of jokingly), "What would happen if I threw the baby down the stairs?"
He said, "You'd be in prison."
My mom was 40 and 42 when she had me and my sister. What a freakin' nightmare!! I'm pushing 38, and I can barely keep my eyes open.
Old 12-06-2002, 02:01 PM   #25  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ellis
I have officially joined the club as of today! Got my period, no wonder I have been eating anything sweet I can get my hands on.
Virginia
Old 12-06-2002, 02:52 PM   #26  

Sorry, Virginia.

Hey, remember my daughter got her first period in September? Well apparantly she didn't enjoy it, because she hasn't had it since. Is that normal? (and NO, she is NOT pregnant!)
Old 12-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #27  

Okay, day 9 of progesterone and I am ready to rip someone's head off.....

My sister will be almost 43 when she gets the baby!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:56 PM   #28  

Squeak-The progesterone keeps me on schedule too. Ellis used to start 2 days AFTER me and now she is about a week before me, so you are NOT imagining things!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 09:09 PM   #29  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

A friend of mine says yes it is normal. When she first started her period years ago, she had her period normal for two weeks, than nothing for 8 months.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:30 PM   #30  

Phew! Thanks, Virginia.
Closed Thread