Old 06-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 202/192/140

Height: 5'5

I'm actually really annoyed, failing to succeed so many times before. This time I'm out to prove something, for one. I always said I'd be in shape for my 21st birthday so, you know...gotta show the world something lol. More than anything, I wanna be my personal best.
Miss LunaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #122  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Three things that happened to me in quick succession:

1. not being as athletic or flexible as my partner which is inconvenient anyway but especially during...certain times.

2. I developed extremely painful plantar facitiis and my podiatrist said that I could get a series of 5 very painful shots in my heel to paralyze the muscle every time I had a flare-up OR I could lose weight and it would go away on its own.

3. I was diagnosed with arthritis. I'm in my 20's and that one really blew me away. The doctor said that my frame just cannot support the weight and it's starting to degenerate and fail. That one really hit me. I am permanently damaging my body. I only get one and when I break it, I don't get another!
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #123  

Hi there, everyone--
I'm reviving this thread because it truly resonates with me. It's weird how when you are facing a difficult challenge that it seems like you're the only person in the world to face it, ever. Logically, you know that's not true, but it sure feels that way. After reading all of the reasons why y'all decided that 'enough is enough', I feel inspired to list mine.
1. My fiance and I have sex far less often. He's gained about 100lbs. since I first met him. He said that he feels self-conscious and unsexy when he sees himself naked. Having gained 50lbs. since meeting him, I realized that I feel that way, too.
2. Over the past two years, I've really hated seeing myself in photos. I never used to scorn my image like that, before.
3. I stepped on the scale for the first time in ages and saw that I was 3lbs. away from hitting the 200 mark.
4. I saw that all of the clothing that used to be my "heavy" wardrobe are sitting unused and unwearable in the back of my closet.
5. I look about eight years older than I did only two years ago.
6. My doctor said that I have high cholesterol, and that my joint pain is likely due to my increased weight.
7. I'm getting married in May of 2013, and realized that if I hate my photos now, I'll really hate my wedding photos.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #124  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

RVAscreenwriter,
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 198/180.5/130

My "Fat" clothes became too small. A coworker said "wide load coming through" as I walked by. My boss bought me diet snacks and told me I should start losing weight again. I overheard my step daughter call me a "Fat A$$" on the phone.

I was just so tired of being miserable, embarrassed, uncomfortable, and mad at myself.

Now when I make it through a day eating healthy and exercising. I'm proud of myself. I'm not doing this for anyone but myself, and that feels good. I want to look in the mirror and think I'm pretty. I want to wear a cute outfit and feel good.

I also want to let everyone know on this website that I'm so thankful to all of you. Your all so supportive and kind. I feel so safe to say what I feel here. So thanks you everyone. No matter what you are all winners to me.
TheRainFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkshireGrl View Post
RVAscreenwriter,
Thanks, BerkshireGrl!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainFalls View Post
A coworker said "wide load coming through" as I walked by. My boss bought me diet snacks and told me I should start losing weight again. I overheard my step daughter call me a "Fat A$$" on the phone.
Oh, my goodness. I'm sorry that you experienced such antagonizing over your weight. No one deserves to be treated that way.
Best wishes on your journey, RainFalls!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

To Therainfalls: I'm so sorry that those hurtful things were said to and about you. It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant people can be. Congrats on doing it for YOURSELF!

RVAscreenwriter: You can do it!!!!!!! Congrats on your success so far

My final moment was a friday in December, the last Friday before Christmas vacation at school (I'm a school counselor) and it was dress down day. My totally stretched out size 16 jeans, that were most likely more of a 20 due to stretching, ripped when I put them on. I had nothing else I could fit into - no other jeans that I could squeeze into. I figured, ok, grab my long sweater to cover it all up and make me feel ok....couldn't find the sweater. I ran around my house screaming "where is it? I have nothing to cover this fat ***, I'm such a loser". What made matters worse was I had lunch duty that day so I also got to stand in front of 1200 kids, feeling so fat and ugly, trying to cover ripped jeans. I decided then to make a change. I NEVER want to call myself fat *** or hate the way I look again. It took about 1 more week of eating junk food daily and binging all the time and then I went full blast on Jan 2 and haven't stopped! Ladies, you have been an incredible amount of support for me. THANK YOU!

Thank you all for listening.

Last edited by TurboLaura; 07-14-2012 at 11:11 AM.
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #129  

Congratulations, TurboLaura, on your accomplishments! Keep it up
Old 07-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #130  

Height: 5'5"

I was in denial for so long. I knew I was fat but I always though I wasn't that fat. My best friend started losing weight and she looks absolutely amazing. I used that as my motivation a few months ago and so far I haven't looked back.

I've lost about 30 pounds, and now, when I see myself in the mirror I can't believe I was ever bigger than I am now. It's so strange how perceptions can change so drastically.
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #131  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5"3

I started belly dancing last year and my teacher has one of those "infectious personalities" so despite being the biggest person in the class, I continued. She also turns out to be a Facebook fanatic who keeps on tagging me in photo's.

we have a show in August where our class will be performing and I decided I wanted a proper outfit this year. So instead of covering up Everything like I did last year, I decided to "bare the belly".

I found a lifestyle that suits me and so far is showing great results. I know this is just the start but I think finding this website is going to keep me focused and continually inspired!
Wheresmychin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #132  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

2 months ago the elevator in our apartment building needed to be upgraded, so it was out of commission for 4 weeks. I live on the fourth floor and, in the beginning, I found myself having to stop for a rest twice on the way up while my daughter ran the entire way. By the end of the 4 weeks I was only stopping once. That was when I realized that I needed to 1) get healthy and 2) that I could!
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #133  
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

You know what is a kicker for me... not nearly the straw that broke the camels back, but something that happens EVERY time I have a boyfriend? They all weigh around 220-225 and are about 6'0 to 6'2 ( i always pick the same body type) and I think to myself I wish I weighed that... hahahah who wished for 220? Me...

My very first straw was July 2011. I too had to ask for an extender for the seatbelt. I remember how humilating that was. Never in my life did I think I would become one of "those" people. But I did. I tell you what. I have never had to ask again. I fly at least once a month and a mini goal for me was to never have to ask for that damn thing again.

The straw this time was realizing I just want to be healthy. I enjoy more than anything being active. Outdoors... hiking, biking, camping, on the river. I can do these things at this weight... I just don't want to anymore. I want to be active in all of these things without wondering if I can make it up that hill or if I can walk that long. Its just time and its ridiculous that I have to spend a moment of my time in this life worrying about any of these things. Dammint... its time to xxxx or get of the pot.

Last edited by sept2012; 07-19-2012 at 11:13 AM.
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept2012 View Post
Dammint... its time to xxxx or get of the pot.
I LOVE your enthusiasm!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you, RCAscreenwriter
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote