Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #91  

Height: 5'6"

Veggie girl...your post gave me a giggle...I too have that same problem with shall we say, personal hygiene so I was so relieved to see someone else had that problem and had the courage to share. I have had many "aha" moments that told me it is time to lose weight. The problem this time is I know I am big, I know i need to lose weight and get healthier but I lack the desire and motivation to do it "AGAIN". I care....but I don't...anyone else feel like that???
frankie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:19 AM   #92  
Beginning!

S/C/G: 190/ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Mine was when a customer told me when I was due. Apparently I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant... I'm apple shaped and keep all the extra goodness in my midsection. I've never been pregnant, don't have any children. That was when I looked in the mirror and said enough!
DeeDeeHunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #93  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

This time, I had been thinking about changing my eating habits by cutting back. Then dh had surgery and lost lots of weight and he was lighter than me! Usually the weight difference is about 30-40 pounds between my husband and myself...

Then I heard my daughter was losing weight on WW the program I planned on going on and I guess you could say the last straw. I had to lose the weight too!

And....family get together in December....and....I promised myself I would never see the scale over 200# and the weight was getting close.

I had enough reasons, don't ya think? That is enough straws!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #94  
SanityNow

When I realized that I had made a promise last Christmas to be 30 pounds lighter this Christmas and saw that I had gotten nowhere with that. I needed to make major big time changes to allow myself to get healthy again. I quit a toxic job and lost 5 pounds in the first 2 weeks. Now I see that I have accumulated many unhealthful habits that were an adaptation to the drain of my work. It is not easy to make the changes, which are in themselves simple. There's also the carry-over discouragement of my past efforts. But I can only take one day at a time (as trite as that sounds) and make each day it's own jewel.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #95  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I didn't have just one moment. I've always always ALWAYS felt too fat, at 5'8 and 140lbs (a size 6) I felt like a gelatinous blob in highschool.

I'd sacrifice some small furry animal to magically be that size again. Scratch that, I'd change my eating habits to EARN that size. And that's what I'm doing. I haven't quite reached the "I WILL EXERCISE TO BE THAT SIZE AGAIN" point..but I hope I'm approaching it. Its a mental thing. I'm psyching myself up. I hope.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #96  
awesomeness.

S/C/G: 350-ish/ticker/199

Height: 5'5"

When I realized my greatest fear is the possibility of my mother having to bury me, because of what I shoved into my mouth. That was the last straw for me.
wishfuiiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:51 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 245/245/175

Height: 5'11"

Im not sure if there was a last straw for me and maybe that is why this time is different for me. I am not starting my weight loss journey in frustration or angry, but actually from any already healthy place, with support from my friends and the man in my life. What made me take the final step to focus on losing the weight is when even after making many healthy changes over the past 6 months I was at my heaviest weight and while I generally liked the way I looked when I saw myself in pictures I didn't look like the person I feel like I am.
IronKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 190/187/130

Height: 5' 10"

I used to live with my mom and my sister - and when I moved in with my boyfriend, I gained 35 lbs. I had always been the 'thin' one when I lived with my mom and sis and once I left .. not only did I gain weight.. they lost it. Both my mom and sister have dropped about 30 lbs each while I have been gaining all of this weight. I recently decided that I have had enough of only being happy for them for their good health.. I want to be happy for myself! I want to be in good health, and so my journey began!
bk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 257.8/239.8/180

Height: 5.5

Not any one last straw in particular. I had lost almost 80 lbs in the year previous to getting pregnant. Once I had my daughters I was super overwhelmed with them and gave up taking care of myself. Now I realize its 4 years later and it's really time to take care of me again.

Also we're planning a big move to NYC and I know that I need all the confidence I can muster to make that a successful move and a big part of that is getting my weight down. So now, a few months before the move I'm all in to get back to where I was before I got pregnant. That's not my final goal, but that goal will be enough to give me my confidence back.
michellearellano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #100  

When I was too tired to play with my daughter and then I realized that I might not be around to see my children grow up and I keep eating like this.
hvpooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 231.5/229.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm not pregnant...

Can't believe no one has posted this already....

Getting asked when my baby's due! I am NOT pregnant, nor have I ever been.

Being fat sucks, but carrying most of your weight directly on your uterus sucks more.

Other things -
Not being able to ride every roller coaster in the park because my food baby and safety belts are not compatible...there were some men much larger than me that could ride, but they're able to lift that belly to make room for the seat belt. My food baby doesn't move

Yearly ski trip with family...last winter my calves were too fat to make skiing an option. I sat in the condo all weekend, and my family was pissed at me for months for "ruining their vacation."

While I can still put on my shoes fairly easily, putting on nylons is now quite the ordeal!

Just starting the weight loss journey again, and the straw this time -- I feel like ****. Tired all day, can barely concentrate at work. This is now about necessity, not vanity.
pizzaloveresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #102  
Just another girl.

My last straw was hitting 200 lbs on the scale. It was scary.. I never thought I'd be at this point.

I've since lost a couple of pounds to bring me down below that at least, reminding me that I don't have to go back up there ever again.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 251/235/sgw 220/lgw 150

Height: 5'5"

1. Being asked how many children I have and told I look like I have several children.

2. Finally coming to terms with the fact that all of my clothes were not shrinking (and once again allowing my boyfriend to do laundry--since clearly he must've been the one doing it wrong and shrinking my clothes)

3. Seeing a picture of me in a bathing suit at a pool (my arms were massive!)

4. Finally stepping on a scale and realizing I was 10lbs heavier than my heaviest 8 years ago.
stronger4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #104  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

For me it was the prospect of having kids. I know that for so many people the first baby is a downward spiral. I already have to lose 45 lbs. So if I pig out while I am pregnant (many women use pregnancy as an excuse to eat a lot more and knowing myself I would be one of those women) I might even go up another 20 lbs. THEN I hear that many women lose their sex drive after pregnancy and are unhappy with how their body has changed. So not only will I have to lose 65 lbs but I will have no sex drive a changed body and the added pressure of a baby? Sounds like a recipe for gaining more weight. You can see how, unless I pull in the reigns now, having a baby could be a downward spiral. Plus I am young (23) I want to feel sexy and even thought my husband is attacted to me I don't feel comfortable in clothing. And why should I have to go through life feeling constantly uncomfortable and costantly judged?
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #105  
Don't give up.

S/C/G: 195/195/165

Height: 5'0"

For me, it was getting into too many fights with my husband and my sisters about my weight that made me think, "I'm sick of fighting about this. Maybe if I just lose the weight, they will all back off!"

Unfortunately, it's harder to stick with something when you're externally motivated. So, I managed to lose 28 pounds and then the bad habits kicked in and I gained 10 back.

At this point, though, I had weeded out my wardrobe and gotten rid of everything between sizes 14 and 18. I liked getting down to a 10. Now I'm back up to a 12. So, I'm feeling the difference in myself and wanting to get back down to 10 and maybe 8 or 6. I'm pretty short, so a size makes a big difference on me. Seeing the numbers go back up once I weighed myself after a month of tuning out of reality was the reality check I needed to get me back onto the wagon this time, with the right motivation, I hope.
neon_zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote