Old 07-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #76  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Last straw this time........

I was getting too close to the 200# mark and I was tired of seeing all the excess rolls around my stomach area....and I am tired of hurting when I go up and down my front door steps. There are only 3 steps!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

I had a couple of moments although I don't know if I would call them last straws. I have friends who love to post pictures on facebook. I cannot believe the unflattering pictures that are up there of me. It's gotten to the point that if someone pulls a camera out at a social event I will a) stick my hand up in front of myself - like don't take the picture or b) I will say unequivocally "do NOT put my picture on facebook!" I feel so awful whenever I look at them.

Also I needed new pants and it took me an entire day to find one pair that fit me ( I refused to go above a size 18). I would love to shop in stores that cater to smaller sizes not just "specialty" shops.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:13 AM   #78  
*Amat Victoria Curam*

Height: 5'10'

So many things I identify with in here!

In addition:

*Not really feeling excited and happy at the idea of attending a college friend's wedding

*Avoiding making dr. appointments because I KNOW

*Having the 40th birthday happen this year and reflecting on things I'd like to do: travel is a stressful idea and once upon a time I loved it

*Putting off a tattoo design getting inked because I didn't want to deal with it....now I'm hoping to get it done as a memento of success and valuing myself <3

Singe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:49 AM   #79  
I'm not fat I'm Fluffy

S/C/G: 224/224/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky72 View Post
It's gotten to the point that if someone pulls a camera out at a social event I will a) stick my hand up in front of myself - like don't take the picture or b) I will say unequivocally "do NOT put my picture on facebook!" I feel so awful whenever I look at them.

Also I needed new pants and it took me an entire day to find one pair that fit me ( I refused to go above a size 18). I would love to shop in stores that cater to smaller sizes not just "specialty" shops.
im the same way. i always untag myself and tell them if they post pics of me they die. that and i can only get jeans from AE online because they dont carry that size in the stores (18) i used to be a 14 in AE jeans. i could actually go to the store and have choices. now its whatevers on sale online :/
GuardDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:45 PM   #80  
Sarcastic Non-Chick Chick

S/C/G: 360/192/150

Height: 5'7"

I went to the eye doctor for a new prescription. No matter what she did, she couldn't get my left eye to 20/20. My first thought upon this wasn't worry about what it could be, nor was it that the doctor didn't know what she was doing; it was, "oh my God, I've given myself diabetes and messed up my eyes!"

Yeah. That was my thought at age 27. I realized that was no way to live.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #81  
Dawn

S/C/G: 340/259/199

Height: 5'9

Probobly standing in the middle of CVS and an old man told me " Your too fat to be standing there" Ohh and a 7 year old kid telling me "You know if you went on a diet you wouldnt be so fat"
sicktwistedkutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Well, ed there I always tried different diets.But, being Indian my diet was carbs carbs and more carbs. I stopped eating sweets years before. My food kept on becoming less and less nothing was working. I stopped eating rice but still eating chappaties.
Finally came to USA and joined a gym had a personal trainer.She noticed I was not having proteins. Then I started reading about it.
I thought 17 DAy Diet is good.and started following and weight started dropping.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #83  

my moment was only very recently. And very scary. Im 19, half way through university in Australia. And I currently weigh around 83 kg ( 182.6 lbs), but only a few weeks ago weighed in at 87kg (191.4 lbs)... I'm a very active person and always have been. I've played Soccer at pretty high levels but my weight has always let me down. The thing is that my active nature was almost like a smoke screen to my diet.A guy friend recently asked how much i weighed because he didn't realise i had gained weight. in fact the only person who saw it was my mother.i must have gained about 15kg since i finished school which was only two years ago. When i told my friend that he just gaped and said "crap" because he had nothing else to say. All my friends are either skinny soccer players or dancers. It would be nice to borrow or lend my friends clothes. The second straw was not being able to find jeans in the normal sizes in Kmart, i teared up and left without them, that stung like nothing else. Im already back into my skinny jeans and am determined to wear my formal dress again from year 9 (9th grade)!
matts0pretty0gfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #84  
Just Breathe

S/C/G: 293/279/Healthy

Height: 5'6

Im so glad this thread was started because I now know I'm not alone with what's physically going on and what I was becoming incapable of doing. I have a few finals...

* Not being able to clean myself in the restroom and shower without it being a fight and struggle and losing my breath.

* Having trouble breathing because my stomach is pushing against me and making everything else push up into my neck and feeling like I'm suffocating.

* Having anxiety attacks when I have to get dressed in the morning because I am tired of trying to find something descent to wear out of my own closet because I have to make sure that it covers my stomach, isn't too tight, etc.

I could go on for days but those are my top three. I'm just plum wore out from being this size and feeling like I have a hangover every morning when I wake up (p.s. I don't drink) because I'm tired and down and don't want to do anything.
MsRatFink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:16 AM   #85  

Height: 5'3"

The last straw for me was outgrowing all of my clothes. I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe to accommodate my new size. I want to feel good about going out in public again not wearing my husband's t-shirts and my old yoga or maternity pants (my oldest is 6 years old I don't know why I still even have them except that they were cute and kindof expensive ).

I am motivated to finally do this because if I am just not going to spend a whole lot of money on new clothes when I have a whole wardrobe I love in my closet waiting for me. I refuse.

I haven't weighed myself yet (I just gained this weight the last 6 or 8 months) but I am guessing it's about 15 pounds I need to lose. It's not a big number, but it really makes a huge difference on my small frame. i can't even pull some of my pants up over my hips, let alone even pretend to button them. I need to nip this thing now.

I wasn't working for about 6 months, depressed about that, drinking lots of booze. Then I got a job working nights. I have never worked nights before. I was pretty much eating around the clock until I figured out how to handle the routine. So here I am.

Also this is my first post!
hani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #86  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Hi HANNI,
I hear you about not buying a whole new set of clothes. I had clothes waiting for me in the closet also! I am glad you got a job. Hope you figure out the night routine and are successful.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #87  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

I denied and ignored my weight gain for 3-4 years. I also skipped going to a doctor for the same reason. When I finally went to the dr, I found I was pre-diabetes. This scared me as it runs in my family. This was my turning point.
I also like some others here, learned that eating low carb is the best way for me to lose weight.
I have also experienced many of the uncomfortable moments..like being scared that I could not fasten my seat belt..or having someone tactfully suggest a new diet plan..or hating to fly to Hawaii to see my family because I had gained weight.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezziePS View Post
You guys...I just read through this whole thread. I laughed, I cried, but mostly, I identified.

I have been bouncing back and forth for years, lately it's been mostly forth.

I went to a doctor appointment and realized I had gained 20 lbs in 6 months and was now heavier than I have ever been before.

I realized that I think about how fat I am CONSTANTLY- it affects me in EVERY way- what I wear, what I am willing to go out and do, how I interact with people, how I feel, what I think about...It would literally take me LESS effort to just DO something about it than to let it control my life...and I wonder what amazing things I can accomplish with this weight not constantly...well...weighing on me!

Also, the thing that finally hit me last night (like a ton of bricks) is that this isn't just for me. My husband has gained 70 lbs since we got married and he is dangerously heavy. Last night he looked at me and said, "I am going to have a heart attack soon. I just can feel it." It made me hysterical. We're not even 30 yet. I am not going to let something as dumb as food and laziness kill my soulmate or shorten the time we have together. We have to do this now, we have to do this together, and we have to do this for real.
Wow, you are absolutely right. I'm also freaking out about my weight and my husbands. He's managed to lose about 40 pounds and on the road to being much healther but now it's my turn. I want us both to live long, happy and HEALTHY lives together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardDawg View Post
im the same way. i always untag myself and tell them if they post pics of me they die. that and i can only get jeans from AE online because they dont carry that size in the stores (18) i used to be a 14 in AE jeans. i could actually go to the store and have choices. now its whatevers on sale online :/
Oh my goodness I do this too. I was always tiny all throughout school so most of the people who I am in contact with on facebook is old classmates. I'm horrified to know what they must think.

My final "straw" has been several things.. pictures on facebook, nothing fitting properly (and having to only buy clothes in Lane Bryant), but the one that really made me sit up and say waitaminute. I've got to do something is the fact that last week I went to New Orleans with some relatives that came into town. They wanted to see and do alot and I really felt I was holding them back.
geauxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:50 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

My straw, was going to put on a pair of size 18 jeans. I went to put them on and suddenly the button didn't close all the way. I sucked in the tummy, pulled the button closed, zipped, exhaled, turned and saw myself in the mirror... and I looked like a walking baked good. Muffins anyone? Oh it was horrid. I just stood there for a few minutes and cried. PCOS has given me that sort of awkward pregnant apple shape.. so I guess you could say I was an apple cinnamon muffin Then I looked in my closet and realized that not only do I not really have much (the ever present weight gain makes me hate clothes shopping more than usual), but that what I do have really doesn't fit right anymore. Too tight in the bust, too tight in the belly, saggy butt pants, back fat..

@ matts0pretty0gfriend: I can definitely sympathize with you on being asked/commented on about my weight. It's not something I readily share but for the longest time I was told I don't look like I "weigh that much".. that much? Bit of a kick in the teeth there.

Last edited by Aoidela; 09-08-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Aoidela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 200/166/130

Height: 5'7"

Biggest wake up call is going in to the doctor, standing on the scale and it read 200 lbs. I've never even been close to 200lbs. Complete denial. I drove down to my moms house and weighed in on her scale, yep 200lbs. How could I have let myself get to this?? I didn't even break 165 for both full term pregnancies. First time ever had fat bumps on my lower arms and calves. Size 2X tshirt, 14 pants in Womens size. Right then and there I said, "That's it!!! You will lose this weight." Currently at 166lbs, on the Ideal Protein Diet, goal is 130lbs (like I weighed for 18 years). I'm getting there!!
bingbangboom is offline   Reply With Quote