Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 08:43 AM   #1  
the kid's counting on me!

Default LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

hi chickies,
I started a new thread for lesbialternachicks and friends as the last had grown to huge proportions...I think the reason that 3fc had to get a new server was because we're all so verbose! It was just the Alternachicquitas sending the forum over the edge....
talk to you later.
and yes, I had a wonderful time in Disney World..the weather was
mostly wonderful too...we had one morning and afternoon of tropical rains but, we bought Mickey rain ponchos and went out anyway...thankfully it dried up enough for the Spectromagic Light Parade to go on that night. I'm not a parade person but I loved the Disney parades...they were more like live shows...so exciting and regal and dramatic! All the lights and color and music.
The parks were not crowded at all....barely waited in line anywhere...just for Ariel's autograph!
There was so much to see we only saw a small fraction of the attractions...I would definitely go back again...and I was not a believer...I was sort of dreading going between the flying and my kid saying she was afraid to fly and imagining standing in line all day to get on dumb rides....
I was very pleasantly surprized.
and we stayed in the Polynesian which was really beautiful...the landscaping was so luscious! and the lagoon in the distance...it was gorgeous!
okay...enough!
My girl did well with the flights though even with the "earplanes" ear plugs she cried on the way home as we were making our descent...it was a really rough flight...alot of turbulence and stormy weather and the pilot descended pretty quickly...so my DD said her ears hurt and was crying...but, that was only five minutes or so of the whole trip. On the flight there I gave her Afrin nasal spray which a doctor recommended and the ear plugs...way home ear plugs only...so, next time we'll do both...and of course we did the gum chewing, water drinking, etc.
well...gotta get her up she's still in bed and ignoring my calling her every few minutes about getting up for school....just like her Mommy Soozie...she loves to sleep in....
Love you girls,
Soozie

Last edited by soozie; 11-26-2002 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

oh my gosh... wouldja put a freakin' period in once in a while, Soozie!
Hey, sounds like you gals had a riot... I'm so glad. And your pictures are gorgeous... thanks, hon.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:30 PM   #3  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Soozie
Can you spell, Supercalafragalisticexbaladoucious? Me either, but the new thread is almost as much a mouthful! LOL
So glad you had a wonderful time!
Hugs
Virginia
Old 11-26-2002, 06:32 PM   #4  

I know, I know, I wasn't an English major.
Someone help me....I can't write without putting those
dots in everywhere...it's an addiction...help me...help me....
uggggghhhhh!
at least I'm not eating something right now!
Right?
replaced food addiction with dots...
soozie
and don't worry, going back in to change subject line!
Old 11-26-2002, 07:04 PM   #5  

oh cheez... I didn't even NOTICE the subject line.

Listen girls, you will be astonished to hear that I have just eaten (voluntarily) an apple. A couple of times a year I have a craving for fruit, and I guess today was one of those days.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:25 PM   #6  

Mauvais....can you change the name of this thread to LesBiAlternachicks and Friends...I tried, but, the subject line changed and the title stayed the same!
Thanks,
Soozie
Old 11-26-2002, 09:33 PM   #7  

Thanks Ruthxxx...if I had sent that message thinking it was just going to Mauvais I would have been pretty embarrassed!!!!!
hope everyone is doing well...I'm trying not to go eat some junk right now. I ate pretty light today but then scarfed up a donut at work. I had walked past the pastries three times and resisted but, after the fourth time I gave into temptation. Something about tasting that fat and sugar makes me want MORE.

I know that if I resist the urge I'll feel so much better than if I give in and eat. I'll be so much happier and feel more in control and will be proud of myself and I'll check out my ever smaller gut and say...doesn't my belly look smaller....no,DP, really come look...well, I know that you looked at it yesterday, and the day before, but, really just look, isn't it getting smaller, well, isn't it? Can't you tell I'm losing weight? Can't you? Don't I look like I'm smaller, no really, don't I, wait, come here, just look at this, look at my belly.......uh, okay, I'm not going to eat anything. Think I'll go drink a glass of V-8.
Love, Soozie
Old 11-26-2002, 10:42 PM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I do that with DH too. "HEY!! I lost a half a pound, can you tell?" "Where do you think I lost it from?"

Never said I was easy to live with!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 07:57 AM   #9  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good morning gals!

Soozie--We all need to splurge once in a while. Great job on grabbing the V-8.

Me on the other hand was good up until I decided to hit the eggnog last night! Oh well, there is none left now so it wont' be in the house to tempt me.

Has anyone tried the soya milk? I know soy is good for us and I would like to incorporate it into my diet but was just wondering what you thought of the taste of it before I went a head and got some. I did see that they had soya eggnog. For 1 cup it had approx. 112 calores and 4 grams of fat. The light eggnog that was there had 226 grams of fat and .3 grams of fat. Which would be the better choice?

I have a meeting at work to go to today that I'm not looking forward to. You have to know my boss. He's ummm...he can't run a business right. It's so mickey mouse there it's pathetic. And he's pretty much married and he sleeps around with every woman that passes him by. They are firing a girl who isn't the brightest light on the block, but they are getting rid of her because she told them that she is going to file sexual harrassment charges on him because he grabbed her boobs! Of course he denies it and is laughing it off. So I'm wondering what the outcome of that is. Those two had their meeting yesterday so who knows what this meeting is going to be about.

We got a bit of snow this morning. Not much, just enough to cover the ground. But it sure is freezing out. I haven't got dressed yet this morning and I had to take the garbage out and the blue box but I couldn't be bothered with getting dressed, so I went out in my nightie and sweater! And it was freezing out!

Okay, I've babbled enough. Going to get some breakfast in me.

I'll talk to all of you chickies later!

Kelly
Old 11-27-2002, 09:23 AM   #10  

Its very cold and wintery looking here this morning too. Its nice Thanksgiving weather. We didn't get any snow, just rain. The tv news was so annoying last night with their, there is a very very slim possibility that we could get a dusting of SNOW. They just went on and on tracking the storm, ugh! It was so annoying I had to shut it right off. I'll know the weather when I get up and look out the window.

My DP loves soy milk. I don't like it. The taste is very specific to soy. Its hard to describe. You should try it once. DP drinks it and puts it on her cereal. To me it tastes like poison. There is a soy drink that isn't bad. Its called 8th generation or something weird like that. It is supposed to be for women and it comes in a curvy bottle with a plastic shrink wrap label...ummm...anybody, anybody? Anyone know what I'm talking about? Its good. Even I like it.

I love Edamame beans, which are soy beans still in the pod. We buy them frozen at Trader Joes though other places have them now. They're really yummy and easy to prepare; boil, peel, chomp!

And I do eat some of the soy protein bars. When I'm in a hurry and need something healthyish to eat and can't get a meal. They're not really low-low-cal. you can't be chompin on them all day but they are loaded with vitamins and minerals and all of that stuff and protien so they're better than grabbing some other quick snack foods and the Luna bars taste really good to me.

Well, I'm on another ramble. Have to go take a shower and go to the hairdresser and get my hair cut and my gray roots covered!!!! Then on to work and then...ahhhhh...four days off! Thanksgiving at DP's parents house on Thursday and our family Chanukah party here on Saturday. First time some of the family will see our remodeling! Excited about that.

Love,Soozie
Old 11-27-2002, 09:36 AM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Sorry Soozie, I tried to change the subject line but can't seem to do it. So I guess you are stuck with a long subject line until you start a new thread. But hey, it is really not that bad, is it?

I have to get back to work so I will talk to you chicklets later!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-27-2002, 02:32 PM   #12  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Soozie,
The subject line is fine. I was just teasing!
I also drink soya milk sometimes. I really like the flavor. You can purchase it in vanilla or chocolate too.
Soozie,
When does Chanukah begin? Is it this Saturday night? I was once a nanny for a Jewish family before I married. I loved it!! I learned so much and enjoy learning about other cultures and traditions. They were wonderful to me .
Virginia
Old 11-27-2002, 02:38 PM   #13  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

A lady I used to work with always brought in these yummy Chanukah (sp?) cookies to the office. They were shaped like dreidels (sp?) and had blue and white icing on them. I clipped out a recipe for them that I got from a magazine and might try to make them.
Old 11-27-2002, 03:59 PM   #14  

Hey all!

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Chanukah too!

Seems like the jury has been out a long time on soy. I don't know what to believe anymore

Anyway, something fun........got my winter issue of Bust magazine today....cool magazine for grrls.

I thought of you Mauvais when I saw an ad for www.mapetiteshoe.com - this site sells womens shoes and chocolate!

my personal favorite is: www.retromynx.com

oh and I bought a new T shirt through the magazine's "boobtique" - it has a cute saying across the front:

"What Would Joan Jett Do?"

Time to switch from my day job to my night job......pots and pans and turkey standing by - waiting for action lol

Have a great day all - Love, Terri
Old 11-27-2002, 04:09 PM   #15  

Happy Chanukah and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Don't eat too much, darlings.
Closed Thread