Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 07:34 PM   #76  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

But now you have plenty of tree to decorate, Ellis. We always have more ornaments then branches. Hope the babysitting went well.

Den - not cookies in the pizza dip, just at the same sitting, which I realize still is borderline gross.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #77  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-How DID the babysitting go?

Squeak-I was just teasing!! I thought confusing it would be obnoxious, and that's what I do best!! (See, when I was a kid i was too "good", so now i am trying to get in touch with my inner brat.)
Old 12-08-2002, 12:35 AM   #78  
the kid's counting on me!

We usually go for a chubby little live three footer with a root ball...well, I should say that is what we did last year and two years before that...the year inbetween we were treeless until the last minute and I bought a little teeny Charlie Brown tree in a pot that died.

The two others are thriving in our yard. One in the front yard and one in the backyard. We have room for lots of evergreens as we would like to create more privacy in the back and on one side of our property. I'll probably buy another three footer this year. My DP usually digs the hole to plant it when we get a warm December day. This December has been pretty cold so far...hope the ground isn't too frozen. With the live trees I don't like to keep them indoors too long...the less time inside the better. So, it won't be up too long. Less muss, less fuss...only those babies are really heavy!!!! So, I'll need help lugging it in the house...anyone want to come help?

Confession...didn't exercise today but did better with my eating after breakfast of champions. Hoping for gym tomorrow.
Love, Soozie
Old 12-08-2002, 12:56 AM   #79  
a work in progress...

I'm not too far away, sooz...I'll be down in the morning...look for the fat chick with the Santa hat on!
Have the cocoa ready.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:13 AM   #80  

You got it girlfriend...and I know that you mean the sugar free, fat free hot cocoa right?
Goodnight! Soozie
Old 12-08-2002, 01:19 AM   #81  
a work in progress...

DUH! of course!

think she believed me?
Old 12-08-2002, 09:33 AM   #82  

Height: 5'-2"

Velvet, I should have listened to your advice re: the bathtub. Gawd, what a day. He wouldn't go to sleep, so DH and I spent the entire 5 hours entertaining him and keeping him out of trouble. OUR kids spent last night at my parent's for a sleepover, and DH and I were planning on a romantic evening together. After my girlfriend picked up her baby at 4:30, we just slumped in the living room, gazing blankly at one another. We were so tired, we ended up going to bed at 6:30. In fact, DH is STILL sleeping! NO MORE BABIES!!!!

I had to move the living room furniture into the front room with the tree, and the dining room stuff into the living room. That tree is HUGE!!! I DID cut a few branches off the back (without knocking the damned thing over) and was able to push it a little closer to the wall.

I can't wait to get it out of the house. I like your idea, Soozie. I ALWAYS cry when my DH brings the tree into the house. I HATE killing trees!! I'm going to try to convince everyone that a fake one will do next year. Going to look for something funky... White and silver. Tall and NARROW!!

Going to pick up the kids. We're having a pizza party tonight with some friends and making truffles. I hate pizza... but I'll eat it if it's there. Maybe I can get away with just one piece...
Does anyone want truffles? Because I always make them for gifts, and I think people are sick of them. So am I. It's tradition, though...
Old 12-08-2002, 10:56 AM   #83  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Yum! I'll take some truffles

We don't have room in our apartment for a tree so I just spruce up the place by putting out some nice candle holders with cinnamon scented candles around the house. I also am picking up some real pine boughs.

Last year I hung the boughs from the two wall sconces in our living room and placed a small fresh pine wreath in the centre of the buffet table and placed a footed tray of shrimp in the middle. It looked really nice and the whole house smelled of pine.

I also have a lovely bowl made out of wire and burgundy beads which I am filling with burgandy and gold Christmas balls and pine cones that I spray painted gold.

That is the extent of my decorating less to pack up afterwards too!
Old 12-08-2002, 12:00 PM   #84  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"sprucing" it up? Then are you gonna balsam?
sorry
Old 12-08-2002, 12:55 PM   #85  

Height: 5'-2"

oh geez, ruthie
Old 12-08-2002, 06:07 PM   #86  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Okay, fir sure it is time to start the pun thread.
Old 12-08-2002, 06:49 PM   #87  
a work in progress...

oh yeah...pineing for that!
Old 12-08-2002, 07:15 PM   #88  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Maybe we should just leaf it alone! Shall I split the thread? All you have to do is ash! And then we could really branch out!

I am so very sorry!
Old 12-08-2002, 08:11 PM   #89  

What is going on here? I can't see the forest for the trees.....

ok, yes that was bad

Terri
Old 12-08-2002, 09:44 PM   #90  

Girls, those puns jokes arbor-ing.
You're all barking up the wrong tree.
Ugh! Soozie
Closed Thread