hi mauvaisroux and other alternachicks. i haven't been on here in a little over a year but like so many others out there and on here, i've started the year with a few goals and one of them is to be healthier. this site works well for me so here i am...again. (hope me just throwing myself in the conversation is OK; i don't really feel like it's worth the fanfare of a new "hi, i'm back" thread).
since moving back to the south i've gained (back) almost 20 lbs. i've been using the difficulty of finding healthy, non-animal, non-dairy food options as an excuse to eat unhealthy. but with a little planning i know i can do better. mauvaisroux i like your idea of goals rather than resolutions. here are a few of mine:
1. move. i don't have fitness videos and a newly acquired hand me down treadmill for nothing!
2. plan my meals weekly. it's a long drive to the store, but with planning low-cal, healthy meals can be done.
3. stay ahead of my work so i don't come home after work and work all night long. that equals butt on the couch and unhealthy meals.
4. i'm stealing this from mauvaisroux: get more organized in my daily life. disorganization equals stress equals eating tons of chocolate.
5. actually do 30 days straight of the 30 day shred video. i've stopped and started that thing so many times i've lost count. (just did day 2).
that should keep me busy.