Lois - nice to see you back

Terri
Old 11-20-2002, 12:54 PM   #32  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Lamorgan! Glad to see you are back
Old 11-20-2002, 11:51 PM   #33  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI!!!

Did more quilt pins tonight, so my hands are hurting again!!!

Mauvais-YUP!! It is pretty bad when you can't hand the merchandise over to the person who just purchased it!!!

Ellis-HEY!! I don't NEED hands for that, but they help out a bit sometimes!!!

Squeak-Wait until your first Mammogram, then the pap won't seem so bad....
Old 11-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #34  

Well my house is starting to get in shape. It better be done by December 21 at the latest as we are having an open house on Christmas eve the panic sets in as I realize that it is almost the end of November and I only have 2 gifts bought!

Another one of my Schmoo year's resolutions to is to get organized and get rid of my clutter which I have started, very slowly, to do.

Den-take care of those hands girl!

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 11-22-2002 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:30 PM   #35  

Hi everyone!

I just though I would bring up this thread to remind me of my pre New Year's resolutions and to see if I have actually followed through with any of them

My resolutions were:

My goal is to lose that last 13 lbs and re shape my butt and thighs so I will be a babe by April 2003!

RESOLUTIONS:

(1) No late night snacking
(2) Eat proper low carb meals
(3) Stick to an exercise routine
(4) Drink more water
(5) Eat more fruit

Well I have managed to do #1,#4 and #5. I am working on #2 and as for #3 my dance class is on a break until Jan 4 and I still have not come up with a daily exercise routine It appears I still have some work to do
Old 12-18-2002, 03:16 PM   #36  

Height: 5'-2"

Good idea, Mauvais...

My parents are going away for eight weeks, so I'm going to surprise them by losing ummm... what do you think... 12 pounds? Minimum.
I should be able to get in longer workouts at the gym if I'm going alone. And I'll be walking more (not having my mom drive me home from the Y), so I should burn a few more calories.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:22 PM   #37  

Those are good resolutions, Ellis & Mauvais - I am in awe of the fact that you guys actually go to classes/to a gym - that is very cool!

I would like to start the new year doing more formal exercise, like you are doing...especially working on my abs, which resemble Jello! After child#2, my stomach muscles separated and I have been using this as an excuse not to do situps regularly...but she is 6 years old now so I guess it'll be OK, don't you think?!

Lidian
Old 12-18-2002, 08:58 PM   #38  

Ditto, Lidian. My six year old has left the breast, yet my stomach still resembles a wet paper bag. Oooooooh, it's so ugly. I've never SEEN anything so ugly!

Are we allowed to know where you live in Canada? I'll understand if it's a secret.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:10 PM   #39  

Well Ellis, I have to say it is a big ole secret where in Canada I am, and you can blame my shy retiring nature for being so mysterious! People used to find me mysterious years ago (ah, I guess it was just flattery from silly guys!) and I am trying to reach for that now, I guess!

It is however NO mystery that my belly has seen better days. Though the stretch marks are faded - I used to look like a toddler had scribbled all over my stomach with a purple crayon! I also have some lovely perimenopausal hairs on my chinny chin chin, and the occasional zit. It just isn't fair to be perimenopausal and getting acne too!

I resolve to stop eating chocolate mints every single week. Every single day. After the holidays. After they stop selling them everywhere. Very, very soon. Yeah.

Cheerio!

Lidian
Old 12-19-2002, 03:25 PM   #40  

I understand completely, Lidian.
Canada is a very small town despite its size.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:15 PM   #41  

Lidian is just in the witness protection program since she plead guilty to the crime of not liking hockey .....her whereabouts remain unknown...
Old 12-19-2002, 08:40 PM   #42  

Tee hee! I am actually a cool international spy, sort of Nancy Drew meets Mata Hari kind of thing, and travel the globe in search of adventure and romance (I wish!)...

No but really, Mauvais is right - the secret is out! I have only been to ONE hockey game in my whole life. And I have to lie low if I am to be allowed to stay in Canada, which place I really love!

Lidian
Old 12-19-2002, 11:00 PM   #43  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

LIDIAN!!! ZITS AND STRAY HAIRS!!! YOU JUST DESCRIBED MY FACE!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:13 AM   #44  

Yeah... it's that peri-menopause, hon. It's killin' us. I'm pretty sure we're going to be babes when it's all over, though.
Even my shoulders are breaking out. It's like being in high school all over again.
I was sitting at the computer a couple of weeks ago and felt something irritating my breast (left one... I DO have two). It was a good sized lump, and I thought, "Oh great! I've got cancer!" (sarcasm) I decided to finish reading my mail before looking at it, knowing that a few minutes wouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.
Anyhow... went to the bathroom and checked it out... it was this HUGE zit!!! My god.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:10 AM   #45  

Well, if you have to have either cancer or a ginormous zit, I for one am very happy that it turned out to be a zit, ellis.

I've started getting a few chin whiskers already, and I'm only 29. I've named them Moe and Larry.
Closed Thread