Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 10:25 PM   #46  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Kelly, whine all you want to that is what we are here for!

squeak

PS - yes I am back from my trip and had an awesome time. I will be back to write all about it tomorrow when I have time to think & type.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:41 PM   #47  
the kid's counting on me!

okay girls, if this worked then you should be able to click on the line
above and go see two of my favorite greek sculptures.
The Dying Niobid and the Winged Victory.
I have a huge picture of the Winged Victory in my office.
My friend brought it back from Paris and it got a few
dimples on it in the airplane. She was so annoyed that
she gave it to me...now, 20 some years later, she wants it back.
It is supposed to inspire me to lose weight and to think about
strength and beauty in the female form.
The Dying Niobid is also really beautiful...I don't think that
either of them is too fat Ellis...do you?
Just curvy.
And forget those small perky boobies but,
I won't even go there...
I already wrote my quota of online boob talk
for the year...once January comes though watch out.
Love, Soozie
Old 10-30-2002, 05:09 AM   #48  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Soozie... the Nike of Samothrace... that's always been one of my favourites. She is SO beautiful!!
And no, she's not too fat at all, although her legs ARE a little heavy.
The statue of Venus, though... I'd like for my shoulders and arms to have more definition than hers. And she obviously never breastfed a baby for a year!
Old 10-30-2002, 07:01 AM   #49  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Soozie,
The sculptures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Virginia
Old 10-30-2002, 09:31 AM   #50  

Kelly- I've been there, so just try not to be too hard on yourself. Life gets in the way sometimes, that's what it is.

Hugs and Love to you from me

Oh gee Soozie....... Greek goddesses .......hmm, be still my heart LOL

more boobie talk? please.....he he, I was looking at myself the other day and noticed that my bra cups are full on the bottom, but not so full at the top.....gee, does that mean I'm starting to sag *EVEN* when I wear a bra? What will happen next? I'll need to have shoes made for them? LOL

Got candy to hand out tomorrow night - the kind I *don't* like.

Love, Ter
Old 10-30-2002, 10:21 AM   #51  
a work in progress...

Speaking of candy, I told dh that under no circumstances, should candy, especially chocolate, enter this house!!! So he bought the little bags of Fritos and chips and things like that to hand out to trick or treaters.

Now...I just have to get my son to hide his sack o' candy after Halloween...for some reason, (like, maybe he isn't a compulsive eater like his mother) it takes him FOREVER to get through his candy...sometimes even forgetting about it...
(she said, uncomprehendingly)
Old 10-30-2002, 10:34 AM   #52  

I know, as we've discussed in Pigs Anon, my kid is pathetically healthy about food as well. not that I haven't been totally devoted to making her normal about food...never giving a value to food, ie..."if you eat this you can have that"...cause then "that" seems more valuable than "this"....

Gotta go shower for work.
Love, soozie
Old 10-30-2002, 11:21 AM   #53  

Around April of every year, we do the major cleaning of my daughter's bedroom - furniture moved, carpet pulled up, et.

Every year we find small pieces of candy leftover from Halloween........ and I still can't believe it. Of course the chocolate is gone but I still find smarties and gumballs and sourballs, and yummy stuff like Good and Plenty etc. etc.

My daughter is lucky not to have a sweet tooth, that's all I can say

Terri
Old 10-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #54  

I hear ya, girls. I saw a blue Smartie on the basement floor the other day. Ick. I had to step on it to stop myself from eating it.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:30 PM   #55  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

First and foremost, I want to thank you ladies for letting me whine and for the support that you are giving me.

I had all the intentions of coming home from working and getting the exercise tape out and doing it today, but late in my shift at work, I must of did something to my neck. I know that last saturday I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my neck. It bothered me for a couple of days and I thought it went away. But today it came back. Thank goodness it happened at the end of shift or I would of never been able to continue working. I came home in alot of pain and couldn't move my neck to the left hardly. I got the Rub A535 out and put that on, which didn't really do anything. Then I got the heating blanket out and have applied that to my neck for the last 2 hours. It has helped a bit, plus I took a Tylenol 3 with codine for the pain and that has helped to. I figued I should hold off on the exercise till tomorrow so that my neck might not be bothering me then.

Ellis--Glad you stepped on that smartie! LOL I guess the 3 second rule doesn't apply to this case does it? LOL

Terri--You are so lucky that your daughter doesn't have a sweet tooth. Both my kids do. I bought two chocolate bars a few months ago that a kid was selling to raise money for kids hockey. I bought one for my dd and one for my ds to have, but not all at one time. They were like a family size candy bar. Anyways, I had to go to work and when I came home I find out that my dh had let the kids eat the whole chocolate bar....each! Thank goodness neither of them have a weight problem, they are both very active. And they have annual dental check-ups too! LOL

I've babbled long enough. I'm off to make some mushroom and cheese omlettes for dinner. I wanted to go the grocery store, but my neck hurt too much and my car is still in the shop getting fixed and won't be ready till tomorrow. (they've had it since yesterday at 8 a.m.)

Talk to you girls later on tonight.

Again, thanks for your support.

Kelly
Old 10-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #56  

Hang in there, Kelly. Take good care of that neck. Ouch! I know how much that hurts.
Old 10-30-2002, 09:34 PM   #57  
Cute & Fluffy

HEY CHICKIES!!!!!!

I am done with everything I had to tonight, and it is only 9:30! Which means I have enough time to come in here and babble.

Work has been nuts. I have been really busy, but don't feel like I have really accomplished much of anything. I am starting the W2 process very soon. It is a little scary. But I have good people at work to support/help me. We should make it ok. I am more worried about the other major project we have going that I have been ignoring. For that one I think I am scheduled for a nervous breakdown in January, and another one in March.

Class was awesome. I learned a lot. It also made me feel like I had a clue, which I didn't before.

I flew in Thursday night, and the boy was waiting for me at baggage claim. We got a little lost going to the hotel, but only like 5 minutes. Not too bad. I gave him a present - chocolate covered cherries. He was rather appreciative. Plus I think he was happy to see me.
Friday he left from the hotel to go to work, I went to class. He came back kinda late, after leaving work late, getting stuck in traffic, and having to go to his apt. to get more clothes. We went for a fabulous dinner. Split dessert. yum! Rented Minority Report. It was ok.
Saturday we spent wandering around the Pier in San Francisco. It was great. There was so much to see. I didn't get to see even a third of what I wanted so I will have to go back sometime. I may have a chance since he is thinking about moving there after he graduates. Sucks for me, but a wonderful opportunity for him. Spent Saturday night watching a movie and cuddling.
Flew back Sunday.

It was a great weekend. A wonderful time was had by all

Squeak & Scribbles in CA

squeak
Old 10-30-2002, 10:11 PM   #58  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Squeak
It sounds like you had a great time. So glad you got to spend some time with "the boy". You look very sweet together.
Virginia
Old 10-30-2002, 11:12 PM   #59  

Oh Squeak...you two look adorable together!!!
Okay, I'll stop there and I won't get all mushy and maternal on you.

and Kelly...hang in there sweetie!

Skipped the gym today...going back tomorrow.
feeling really good today about how my body is looking
I can see alittle difference in my face since I lost a bit of weight
and am working out.
One of my double chins is shrinking...its a joyous thing
Ellis...does this one read like a poem?
okay...let me compose...

a chin is fine
when you have one
but two chins my dear
is really no fun

and three not three
we can't mention three
three chins my dear
there never should be

when you are fat
you have to admit
on many bright mornings
you feel like sh....

but when at dawn
with a gaze in the mirror
you see your chin
and it becomes clearer

that what was two
has dwindled to one
you'll know that your
babe-dom is soon to come

the end....for now

I'd like to be considered the
Dr Suess laureate
of this thread...

thank you
Soozie
Old 10-31-2002, 06:43 AM   #60  
Cute & Fluffy

Very cute Dr. Suess-ie (Kinda sounds like Soozie, kinda sorta maybe....)

Thanks Virginia. I was a lot of fun. Now 1 more month til I see him again.
Closed Thread