3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Tatoos- Who has them? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/21185-tatoos-who-has-them.html)

Wanttolosealot 10-19-2002 01:28 PM

Tatoos- Who has them?

I am just curious if anyone in the group has a tatoo? I am going to get my first one on November 16th. My friend and I are both going to get one. I have wanted one for years but have never been brave enough to do it until now, I have already made the appointment, and am so looking forward to it. We are going to make a weekend out of it. Driving to Moncton, about 45 minutes away, get tattos at 1 pm, go get something to eat and go out to Triangles(gay/les/bi) bar. This will be my first time there and have been wanting to go forever.
The tatoo I am getting is a fairy with butterfly wings, having it done on my left upper breast.
Virginia:devil:

OI812 10-19-2002 03:01 PM

I got my first tattoo about a month and a half ago. It's a butterfly on my left shoulder blade! I love it and can't wait to get another one. To be truthful, it does hurt! But not enough for me not to want to get another one!

Good luck with yours.

Kelly

Wildfire 10-19-2002 03:45 PM

I have a jade green tribal dragon on my back, between my shoulder blades. I found that it felt more like a stinging, except when they do outlines...that feels like you're being cut. After the first minute or so, you'll adjust to the feel and your body releases adrenaline to help you out....by the time mine was done I was way mellow.

Be sure you are going to not only a reputable shop, but artist as well. I'm sure you've already done the research...to make sure things are sterilized in an autoclave, disposable inks are used, make them unwrap the needles in front of you, etc,etc. You can ask if the shop is recognized by the ATA in Canada. (Association of Tattoo Artists) Make sure you eat something before you
go....something healthy. You're going to need the energy.

Good luck with it! A tattoo is a work of art, yours forever, it can't be broken, borrowed, or stolen.

ginya 10-19-2002 05:46 PM

I designed mine myself, a simple heart with a bandaid on it. I love it, but when I got home from getting it, (to cover a bioposy scar) my hubby said..I don't recall discussing this...and I said I don't recall needing to... It is on my left brest, just low enough to hide and high enough to freak out my mom when I am feeling so inclined. Would I do it again...hmmm, as long as the design ment something important...my nieces have disney characters all up and down their legs, and now, trying to be professional means pants. I guess you just need to want to make the statement, and make sure you want to make it for the rest of your life. But remember, bright colors may need to be 'refreshed' every once and a while.

Wanttolosealot 10-19-2002 05:56 PM

I think of Butterflies and Fairys as free spirits, and that is how I want my spirit to be, even if the rest of me is not always free.
Feeling really bummed out today and wish I was getting it right now. Sometimes life can really suck!
Virginia

cheez 10-19-2002 11:40 PM

I have one very unusual tatoo on my inside left ankle. I love it, it makes me smile every time I notice it. I've had it for several years and have wanted another one very much ever since. I'm working on a Celtic braid design right now that incorporates the names of my 3 kids.

On a similar note, I got another piercing today. This time, a small hoop on the right side of my nose. Another thing I've meant to do for ages! BUT afterwards, the guy said, "Oh and no swimming for 3 months." I about choked, swimming is my best exercise. I just swam a mile yesterday in fact. Yikes!!! After seeing my reaction, he said, "Ok, well just try to keep it out of the water as much as you can for 6-8 weeks." Guess I have to find an alternate exercise. Doh!

newday4me 10-20-2002 02:33 PM

Tattoo

I have a tattoo of a small rose on my right inner ankle. I got it the night I turned 18. I will never remove it; its means too much too me on a personal level; its my signature!!

:) :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :) :devil:

wykyd 10-20-2002 06:04 PM

I have a seahorse tattooed on my left ankle. I got it on my 30th birthday after a horrendous and humiliating reltaionship breakup, to remind myself to always remain an independent person, even within a relationship.
:devil:

Lunula 10-20-2002 09:59 PM

I have a Celtic/Viking symbol (an "animal-like figure" with knotting) in greens & yellows on my left ankle. Got it my senior year of college (1993) and I still like it. I've had passing moments of "removal thoughts" - but infrequently. It's just a part of me now, and it's part of my heritage (being of Norwegian/Irish descent)... though I've gotten annoyed with the "what the heck is that?!" at times. (NO! It's not a dragon!) :lol:

aphil 10-23-2002 12:37 PM

HI,
I have Woodstock (the Peanuts bird) on the side of my belly, a few inches away from my naval; A black tribal design on my breastbone right above my cleavage, and a multicolored antique style cross on my right thigh.
I also used to have my nose and naval pierced, but I removed the naval ring when I was 6 months pregnant-it looked like a grenade pin! I removed the nose ring after my first child was born.
Aphil

Punkinseed 10-24-2002 10:44 AM

I *had* two and had them both removed - I regret removing one of them, but not the other. I got them both when I was 18 at Sunset Strip Tattoo in Hollywood.
I had a music note on the inside of my right ankle and a heart with wings on the outside of my left ankle. I wish I'd kept the music note as it says so much about me and brings back incredible memories from when I used to hang out with all the "hair bands" of the 80's (no I wasn't a groupie, more like what Penny Lane called a "band-aid" in Almost Famous).

Removal was beyond painful so make sure your decision is EXACTLY what you want - it'll be on you forever. Even though mine are gone I can still see faint colors, almost like a bruise and a bit of scaring. I regret more than anything the fact that I removed them to make a man happy - that should've been a sign right there that I was giving up my "self". Oh well, live and learn.

My first post divorce "I'll do what I want because I can" was piercing both my traguses. I'd wanted to since I was in my 20's but the ex said it looked stupid and I listened. I LOVE how they look!
I am currently looking for a certain swirly crop circle formation that I saw on a tv program that raised every hair on my body. I want THAT on my lower back, in color. I'm not exactly sure what the symbol means, but for me the crop circles signify mystery, hope and faith - you never see who or what makes them, but each person knows what they believe in their heart.

Terri

Wildfire 10-24-2002 08:41 PM

Hey, Punkin....try this site: http://www.circlemakers.org/ to see if you can find your crop circle.

Top circles are here: http://www.circlemakers.org/totc2001.html

Ruthxxx 10-24-2002 09:03 PM

I am soooo out of it.
I am seriously considering having "This Way" tattooed on my lower abdomen and inner thighs - with the appropriate directional arrow, of course! :lol:
Maybe in both official languages?
Whaddaya think?

Wanttolosealot 10-24-2002 09:14 PM

Ruth sounds like a plan! That is hillarious! But sadly I understand! Oh well.
Virginia

flower 10-28-2002 11:33 AM

I have 2. One is a band of daisys, w/ no foliage around my upper left arm. I got it right after my husband passed away. Before tribal bands were popular. The second is a spinning/dancing fairy that is on my upper back in between my shoulder blades. I want a third but I keep finding more and more and I don't want to look like those coloring book women, so I am holding off til I can decide.