Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 01:25 PM   #16  

"I try not to measure my tattoos by number, but by square inch"
That's how my BF describes his work. Personally I measure my tattoos by number of hours of work. I have about 10 1/2 hours of work so far. My first was when I was 14. A small yellow rose on the inside of my ankle. Then, after I was 18 and didn't need permision anymore, it was an Egyptian eye of Horus on my low-lower back. To watch over the many loved ones that passed that year. Then I did two tiger lilies on my foot/ankle beside the rose. Then the big-kahuna, 5 hrs. , 10 inches tall, a dancing Goddess on the the lower-middle of my back. And most recently I have extended the lilies on my foot with some other blue-button type flowers up the outside of the ankle/calf.
I am planning to continue the wildflowers all the way up and around my right leg with a warrior fairie centered on my calf, and filling in a full back-piece around my Goddess.
My words of advice for you Virginia... do your research!!!! As it has already been said, make sure everything is sterile. Make them unwrap the needles in front of you. Ask to see the autoclave if you'd like. Other than that, find an artist that you feel comfortable with, as a person and as an artist. Ummmm, eat before you go and it never hurts to bring some juice or water to drink if you know you'll be there awhile.
And most importantly, have fun!
Blessings
-Washu-
Old 11-02-2002, 06:44 PM   #17  

Angry I have one

I have a butterfly (purples, teal, and yellow) on my right ankle. I LOVE it!! I got it on my 27th birthday. I had just left my dh, and tome it symbolic for major changes and freedom.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #18  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I really like your quote at the end Rnbolollie, **Practice random acts of kindness**. The worl would be a much nicer place to live if everybody did just that.
Virginia
Old 11-04-2002, 06:48 AM   #19  

Default I completely agree

I completely agree with you!!

Another favorite quote that I recently "found" is--"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"--Mahatma Gandhi.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:52 AM   #20  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Wow, that is an awesome quote. It all starts with us doesn't it?
Virginia
Old 11-13-2002, 11:53 PM   #21  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm new and thought this thread was really cool. I have a chinese dragon on my back left shoulder with chinese kanji on each side, on the left it says passion, and on the right is says pain. It's a bit plain so I'm going to see if Bob Tyrell will shade it for me, and put swirls of smoke behind the dragon. I also want a celtic design, and beatnik cat playing bongos, and a cresent moon. I love tattoos!
Old 11-14-2002, 11:42 AM   #22  

Hi all!

I have 4 tattoos. Flowers ( morning glory) , a heart with my husbands name, a heart that says "mom" ( yeah, I know...but I really love my mom), shamrocks, and a claddaugh ( irish symbol).

~Coleen~
Old 11-14-2002, 11:50 AM   #23  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Wow, so many great tattoos, I never knew there would be such an interest when I opened this thread. I go for my very first Tattoo on this Saturday at 6PM. I am so excited! I can not believe I am finally going to get it. A fairy with butterfly wings!
Virginia
Old 11-17-2002, 08:42 AM   #24  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

I DID IT!!!!!
Pam and I went and got our tattoos last night. I had the best day and night of my life last night. We had so much fun and we were totally ourselves. It feels so great to have a friend with whom you can let it all hang out and just be yourself totally.
The outline of the tattoo hurt the most but the coloring in part did not hurt bad at all. Our artist was very good, and kinda cute too as far as men go. He works out too, so we all chatted about our workouts, our kids and he made us feel very comfortable.
After we left there, we went to Triangles, a gay bar, and had the time of our lives. It was the first time either one of us has set foot in a gay bar, but certainly will not be or last. I felt like I belonged more than I have ever in my life. It was the coolest thing! We met up with a friend from work and his boyfriend. Everyone was so friendly and sincere!
I was told by Pam and our frined Peter, that I loved beautiful . You know what, for the first time in my life, (crying as I type this)I felt beautiful!!
What an experience! I will stop rambling now!
Big hugs to all
Virginia
Old 11-17-2002, 09:38 AM   #25  
Hot Stuff

You ARE beautiful, hon! I'm so glad you had such a great time and that your tattoo experience went so well. So, have you thought about your next tattoo? Everyone I know that has a tattoo is planning their next one! (me included) I hope it isn't too sore today. Take good care of it...the healing process is very important for the finished look.
Old 11-17-2002, 09:59 AM   #26  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Thank you Wildfire
You are beautiful too! Yes , we are both planning our next time already. Pam wants to get a chain around her cute little belly tattooed, and I think I want to get the Kenji sign for Bisexual with some vines entwined with it, on my back, but not sure, may change my mind. I also plan to get my nose peirced after Christmas sometime.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:46 AM   #27  
Must Shrink.

Hello.... I've been gone a long time. But I'm back again.

I had my first tatoo done when I was 30, just before we moved across the country... It was a time of massive change in my life and the tatoo really symbolized the passing for me from one way of life into another...

My friend and I went to a biker tatoo parlour on the Danforth in Toronto. I have no idea if the place was clean, and suspect it wasn't!

I designed a sun for my right outer ankle, and have never regretted getting it done.

Ever since I've been planning the next...

If/when I get another (I'll research) and I think it'll be a spiral. I'd like it on my shoulder, where I could see it.

What holds me back is the waiting time after a tatoo or piercing I cannot give blood for one year, and I usually donate every 2 months. Lately though my red blood count has been just under what they will allow so I can't give anyway, so perhaps I should do it...

I turned 40 this year and it has been a time of more inner change, more growth, more of everything it seems. Perhaps time to mark that change.

Lois / Lamorgan
Old 11-25-2002, 06:39 AM   #28  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Default As requested by Barefoot!

Here is my tattoo! Done on November 16th, 2002
Old 11-25-2002, 06:41 AM   #29  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Sorry about the boob shot! Isn't she beautiful! My fairy offering flowers to the goddess of love.
Virginia
Old 11-25-2002, 09:40 PM   #30  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Virginia, nice t..um I mean tatoo!
Really, all joking aside she is a lovely fairy
Closed Thread