What's your favorite Manic Panic color?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So far I've only used atomic turquoise (which I do love).

What's your favorite color of Manic Panic dye (or any another brand, for that matter)?

And post pics of your hair if you use it!

(I will if I can! haha)
  • At the moment I use Shocking Blue, but I had a thing for Ultra Violet for a while, too. Will get some pictures up later (if I remember, lol)
  • I LOVED Hot, Hot Pink, I loved when I had pink hair. I wish I could do it again.
  • I'm really getting annoyed that I can't post images!

My hair right now is this gross, yellow-green because all the blue has faded out.
  • That's pretty much exactly the color of mine at the moment

Oddly enough though the hair from the back of my head.. like the "underneath" hair has retained the color very well, but the stuff in the front faded to that funny green/yellow.
  • omg I have used midnight blue, fuschia, hot pink, vampire red

black with fuschia under

brown with fuschia dyed overtop

vampire red

I don't have one of midnight blue but I did it the same as the black with pink under except with the blue. I don't use it anymore as it makes too much of a mess
  • When I use to do my hair pink, my friend would bleach hers and do the blue. She had it BLUE for Senior Prom to match her dress, she would try to do everything she could to avoid it turning the greenish color.
  • Irish, I loveee that redddd... I only have one big streak of hair colored in my hair, but that definitely makes me want more : P

and Cassie... I wish I had been coloring my hair blue for prom! hhahah
    I have no idea how to get it from turning green though. I mean, it just fades out, because the dye is apparently semi-permanent (?) and I wash my hair every day. So I just do it every week.
  • Question for the ladies who have experience with this...I want to dye strips in my hair with Manic Panic, but I wash my hair every day. How well does it stay in? Does it run into the non-dyed portions of your hair? Thanks!
  • This was four-ish years ago and it was Pillarbox Red, I believe:

It was cool for like a day but then it faded like crazy. I don't miss it, the bleaching murdered my hair. I would very much like to do an 'unnatural' color again (like black and orange or even black and white) but my hair has gone to **** so I won't take the chance.
    Manic Panic fades like crazzzy but I've heard great, great things about special FX dye.
  • Quote: Question for the ladies who have experience with this...I want to dye strips in my hair with Manic Panic, but I wash my hair every day. How well does it stay in? Does it run into the non-dyed portions of your hair? Thanks!
    Manic Panic does fade really fast. I bought it because the had the color I wanted, but if you're looking for dye the stays better, you might want to try another brand. Mine's never run into the non-dyed portions of my hair, and the strands that I dye are bleached.

Here's what I do. Very easy.
    I take the parts of my hair that I want to dye and lie it up with some plastic wrap. Then I use a cheap brush I got at Sallys (for hair dye) and spread the dye along the strands - like, a lot of it. Then I wrap it all up in plastic wrap... and go to sleep : P

then wash it out in the morning and use a lot of conditioner.
    Like I said, I have to do mine every week (I also wash my hair every day), and that's when the part I dye is like >white< blonde. If you're using non-treated hair it probably would last even less... just guessing.
  • I can post pictures now. : )

• ^
    That's such a gorgeous color.
    I gotta try a new brand! haha
  • it was too much up keep for me and the bleaching FRIED my hair. I am done with crazy colour. I am keeping it black and maybe throwing in an extension of colour here and there, I am getting black human hair clip ins on my birthday